It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the Glen Beck acolytes:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I mean realy, is it all comming out of brain waves from the NWO or do you mearly come here?

Beck, and company are giving opinions of what they see in the world. They tell you up front they are entertainers, nothing else! You can choose or not choose to believe. *snip*

Anyone who believes anything ( specialy what I write ) *snip*

Zindo

lotsa snips .... It is impossible to get away from Beck ... especially on here.. YOUTUBE has tons of clips to go back and look at for a nice retrospective of this *sincere* puppet's *views* .. if I need a laugh or to expel something that I may have eaten that might be bad ..I'll watch him there ... actually ..it's fun now to decipher what the ptb are doing by watching this *regular joe* phony....

and please understand that there are millions of SHEEPLE ... many elderly.. that take him for an actual reporter... THEY don't understand that he is merely an entertainer (or imo something far more sinister).. most here on this board know ..but the general public sees shows like this as gospel .. and the ptb count on that ....

ok we've been warned ...do not believe anything from Zindo .... got it....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

First...much of what these guys talk about are opinions...which is based on facts...sometimes loosely.

I know where I stand. I disagree with Beck on many things...he supports the Patriot Act...i do not....he recently said on his radio show that he would still go to Iraq...I would have never done it in the first place let alone do it again.

Much of what I've posted from him has been him ripping on politicians...both parties...OR..

Facts about our debt...Mexico...

I've never posted anything about the camps...because quite frankly the videos i've seen don't really prove anything.

As for 9/11....regardless if people think it was a false flag or not...I believe our government is responsible for it regardless with actions it has taken in the middle east for decades. We arm one group when we need them...then arm the group they are fighting only to serve US interests.

He's only partially right on many things IMO...but I do think he is right about the Constitution.

We may not all be able to agree on things such as religion and other hot topics...

But we can all agree on the Constitution...people just need to know and understand it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

I must remember tonight to say my prayers that I be given the same all-knowing knowledge as you. That absolute certainty.

Then I can leave my doubts, my questions, my rationality, my ability to reason, and my preference to decide for myself behind.

Kind of like the . . . Matrix.

It must be quite a TRIP.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

The way information is completely ignored ..or the ever present interruption as if the"guest" is not speaking?

Name one person in the news media that doesn't do this.

I can't think of a single one.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Who isn't a misdirection agent to some of you?

Is there anyone?

Or is everyone BUT YOU in on this worldwide conspiracy that you really don't even understand?

That's what I am seeing,

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by sayiamu

I must remember tonight to say my prayers that I be given the same all-knowing knowledge as you. That absolute certainty.

Then I can leave my doubts, my questions, my rationality, my ability to reason, and my preference to decide for myself behind.

Kind of like the . . . Matrix.

It must be quite a TRIP.

ahhh yes .... well maybe you could share what issues in this thread you are having trouble with here ? ..what questions? .. what do you need to rationalize? .. and what kind of decision do you need help with ?

We all need prayers right now ... and I recommend a heroic dose of something that Bill Hicks used to talk about..... couldnt hurt...

and by the way ... I have as much right to my own opinion as Glenn Beck ... no? and this is the forum for it ... yes?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by sayiamu]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Who would you follow?

why do you insist on being a follower?

I dont let anyone formulate my opinion. I have enough respect for myself that i do that....myself.

I think all forms of MSM are crap and don't deserve the paychecks they're issued. Yes, i do watch some forms of media, it's impossible not to...but that doesn't mean i take to the streets because Wolf Blitzer told me to.

What will really get this country back on their feet is when people like you stop following others, and start thinking for yourselves.

Period.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Noory .. Bill Moyers ... ? hard to name because ........

those without an agenda rarely have their own shows ..something about the MSM being owned by the facsist corporate government that needs to control thought by putting *entertainers* in our faces rather than someone who might be ACTUALLY be "fair and balanced" ...but they have to make some attempt to give that impression by way of "rallying around the flag phony actors'' such as.....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Wait a minute...

I consider myself to be fair and balanced in my own mind and i'm sure you see yourself that way as well.

So if either of us get a show...are we now doing mind control tricks and pushing our agenda on the masses to further our own hidden beliefs?

Would you see yourself as telling lies to the public when you voiced an opinion?

What if I changed my opinion on something?

Would i suddenly just be jumping on someone else's bandwagon?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

David ... I agree with you on the constitution ...

I hate to see it used as a manipulative tool though ...and the Patriot Act shreds it .... man... Ive listened to Beck on the radio ... (comes on after Imus and I wouldnt listen to HIM even, but its all I get here) and Ive heard the "Al queda's gonna GET YOU" shpiel from him (Beck) so many times....

YOU are smart enough to pick and choose from him .... but like the OP was pointing out ... alot of his audience is not as savvy ....

I agree on your point on 911 ...personally for me ... DIRECT false flag ..

and I truly use it as a very very basic litmus test when I'm hearing a talking head...

GBeck riles me up ...... my phony meter gets buried in red... its diabolical to have someone up there fake crying red,white and blue "tears" while taking a pay check from the worst (most blatant) propaganda machine the media has ever seen (imo)

deep breaths....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a broadcast personality who before television was well known for lame satirical comedic skits on his radio show, he is/was an entertainer doing what he can to get ratings, as they all are. IF he and other television and radio "personalities" are so damned concerned about the country and the government then why haven't they left their professions to capitalize on their name recognition in the world of politics?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

If I had my own show ... I would be careful to BE "fair and balanced" ..

NOT interrupt or villify...

nor would I compromise my integrity to become a puppet for tptb.....

probably I would not entertain, titillate nor RAH RAH high enough ratings ...

therefore I would be cancelled and fall into obscurity once again on ATS

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I can't articulate better than this poster, but please comment on his thoughts:

"mikhail

Dear Reddit,

I rarely if ever comment. Most of the time this is because I don't find adding a meme reference or a clever joke furthers the quality of the general discussion and thus I rarely have much to offer the discussion that I believe is pertinent. Regarding this topic however, I do.

For anyone interested in a critical analysis of figures like Glenn Beck and the shocking historical similarities between them and other Demagogues from the 20th century, you should pick up a copy of Theodor Adorno's collection of essays entitled "The Stars Down To Earth." The gist being that Glenn Beck is nothing new. In fact he is the same banal fascist that American society has placed over its public airwaves since the 1930's.The general structural features of these types of programs are roughly the same.

There is always a vague enemy which people can project their prejudices onto. There is always a vague movement ready to fix the problems. There is a continual pivotal truth that is endlessly regurgitated about the supremacy of the good American worker. There is always a strong streak of anti-intellectualism. There is always a continual valorization of the belief in conspiracy theories, which endlessly abound new and modified to adapt to changing times. And unfortunately, there are always teeming masses of people ready to sit calmly and swallow up this vapid garbage.

For some of us who have grown up in the US, and thus are likely to have known plenty of people with views like Glenn Beck, it may be easy to feel comfortable with his discourse. Meaning that many of us may think of it as ridiculous, sad and pitiful, but ultimately just wrong and nothing more. I believe this is a false way of thinking about Glenn Beck. I can't summarize Adorno's work on the topic here, but we should not mince words in describing what Beck really is: The most extreme pole of mainstream society's paranoiac machine and by any serious measure, a fascist.

I'll return to lurking now. Ciao."

This comment was made regarding Stephen Colbert's take on Glen Beck, which I urge each of you to watch - behind the comedy, there's a genius:

www.colbertnation.com...

Before you resort to "oh, so you're using a comedy show as a source," let me just say the credibility of these shows is greater than Faux news.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Blagojevich]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The liberals do the same thing when conservatives are in office.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassman86
The liberals do the same thing when conservatives are in office.

This is true

TIS the giant turd toss off - eternal at that...

However Peck is trying incite revolution and I think his prime motivation is to reinstate W policies and ratings. Save America from economic catastrophe by causing bloody war

Save your nose from a infected systemic toe infection by removing your head...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Blagojevich

There are a lot of folks who follow Beck on this site like a messiah

He mentions a few key words and they get the "vapours"

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think its all irrational fear of FOX . Until he moved his show to Fox news from Cnn i NEVER, saw a post about Glenn Beck, i would venture to guess many didnt know who he was. Heres some news for you, ive been listening to beck since before he EVER had a show on television, and BEFORE his show was rated in the top 3 talk shows on radio. Thats a pretty long time, and ill tell you this much, hes never changed his tune, hes always talked about what should be talked about, and hes never dodged issues......ive seen him take on some seriously ugly and mean people on his shows , both on TV and on the radio, and he handles himself with grace and calm. I cant say that about any other radio show host or tv host so far that ive watched.

I think he does a great job, and i think too many people on here are (even tho it is a conspiracy site) fall back on that conspiracy mindset too often, instead of using common sense. I sometimes wonder if peole are so out of it that they cant honestly look at a person anymore whose genuinely trying to help other people and help this country and say "Wow hes really trying to do a lot of good, i should strive to be more like that, that is an honorable person". Nope, instead you accuse them of being in league with someone, not because we dont like their message, not because of the content of their person or what they say, but the VENUE in which its presented......give me a break man......lets not be so crazy about political lines, and FOX news that we forget to see people for who they are. Sometimes its time to drop the conspiracy shtick!

He addresses the issues that people are honestly concerned about, he reports about news that isnt always main stream because AMERICANS thoughts arent always main stream, he does it because people need to know about it.........

Get over it people, this world will continue to be DOOMED until some of the wack jobs actually LET good people do GOOD things. Then again, if people are SO far out as some of the left wing people and over board conspiracy folks then I dont want them standing beside me anyway, id rather build a STRONG front then a weak one.

That goes for right wing nut jobs as well. WAKE UP PEOPLE

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Damn fine point and post.
Starred.

FOX News is now anti-government conspiracy after being the opposite for the last eight.
You're right, I have noticed how accepted this sham is around here of late.

- Lee

top topics

<< 1   >>

join