It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS to Organize Week Long Boycott on Cigarettes !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Greetings,

I posted a reply on another thread but did not really get any responses addressing my query I thought I'd start a new thread. My apologies to the Admins if this has been discussed-

Would it do any good were we to attempt organizing a week-long boycott on cigarettes??

Seriously, I'd seen posts/ threads in the past regarding the increasing gasoline prices last year. Many people were suggesting a national boycott on gas day. Thing is it never happened as gas is a necessity.

I could go one week without buying cigarettes. I'm sure you could too !!

Would that make any impact ?? Say 10,0000,000 smokers nationwide commit to not buying a single pack in an entire week ??

Something to think about. I've already cut back alot, rationing if you will.....(as I'm getting ready to go take a smoke break.... ironically)

Let's get the word out !!! At least on ATS if anything. Organize this, determine the week.

We could do it !!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by _DISAVOWED_

I'm in.

It is, after all, for the children.
(what, no puking smiley? like BTS?)

And if you believe that, have I got a deal you can not afford to miss.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
From the ATS Terms & Conditions:

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

new topics

join