It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you make your brain not accept pain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Sorry to hear about your pain and injuries.
Is it anything/anywhere you could try using a TENS unit?

I swear by the use of electricity to aid in recovery from injuries.

I even bought a friend of mine one to try out for gastric problems, tests are still under going to see if it's effective.

The craziest result I've had so far is the dissipation of bruising/swelling and healing after a thumb op. pain,bruising and swelling gone in 1 week,3 weeks till the damage was fully healed

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your pain friend. My wife contracted shingles when she turned 50 and was suffering from constant medium level pain on one side of her face every single day. After her GP tried various painkillers that were of little use, he referred her to a Consultant who suggested that she try a med called Gabbapentin. He said this it was originally developed to treat epilepsy and it was observed that a side effect was pain control. He said that this effect was not fully understood as it was not a painkiller in the recognized sense, but seemed to work by altering the brain's perception of pain and in effect made it ignore the pain. Might be worth talking to your Dr about.

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thank you for all the replies and very interesting info.

It's nothing major compared with some people, i have a slipped spine which presses on the spinal cord a lot, not something i can do anything about at this time.

Also an ankle injury, i wear a brace permanently to stop it twisting over, but it's fractured and sprained that many times in the past, it just hurts constantly.

I know what people are saying about the weather, i get the pain worse when it's wet, not cold, but when it's wet and miserable. The only way i can explain it, it's like how elderly people complain about arthritis.

I have a TENS machine, but i find it wears off after a while, even if it's on full blast. It's a decent machine, not one of these crappy ones.

I will look into all the methods mentioned here on the thread, i do think there are some amazing ways of helping yourself through the mind, so i'm not "anti" anything suggested here.

Thank you everyone, much appreciated.

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sorry for your pain! I pulled some muscles in my back once and was in so much pain I threw up for two days. I couldn't even bend over to throw up in the toilet. It was miserable and the pain was there until I got a shot from the hospital. And this was only pulled muscles so I couldn't imagine your pain!

Have you tried a back inversion table! I had a customer who always had back problems and got one and he swears by it!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join