It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom and Gloom is Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There are alot of people on the site that feel we all concentrate on doom and gloom too much, well the fact is that the ones of us that are preparing for the worst might have a chance to survive when the proverbial SHTF senerio plays out. If you want to sit on your porch and drink ice tea thinking to yourself that your safe and not take a pessimistic view of life in this country at this moment, don't prepare, your going to become a victim one day on that very porch. I got lectured by posters on one of my threads about how we need to relax, quit talking about G and D and all I am telling you , is that alot of things talked about here on ATS aren't going to materialize, but just by the laws of nature, some of them will. ARE YOU PREPARED for the what if, do you have firearms, do you have ammo, do you have food, do you have a bug out scenerio planned? I am not a complainer, if my posts of gloom and doom bother you, get a grip, these messages are here to try an wake you up out of your stupor, America is london bridge, it is falling down. Get prepared, listen to the messages, read your history, study Argentina's Economic collapse, in the end, if your loved ones survive, it will because you admitted to yourself there might be something wrong in the streets of MayBerry and you got yourself right and ready in the head to deal with nasty events, so you can watch your kids grow up with safety, in a world that will be eating people alive.

That is all I ask, please look your child in the face, ask yourself if they arent worth thinking ahead for. Mine are. And I have made preperations, and know in my heart that I have done everything I can to preserve prosperity at least for my family.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hey Back Yard Guru! Better to be prepared I say!

Tried buying .38 and .357 last week - none - none on the shelf at Wal-Mart or Academy.

If a depression hits there can be some real food and commodity disruptions too(lot of hoarding too). High unemployment predicted also. Not sure of what to do, but am taking some steps while keeping an eye on the news of the day. 742k unemployed in March! WOW! Some economists are saying the Fed is taking the wrong steps to get our economy going. Not enough stimulus, just a lot of spending, deficit spending.

Be prepared I say. A little doom and gloom is good sometimes - especially when surrounded by gloom and doom!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I never thought I would promote nor agree on the same topic but, if you look around... it is bound to happen.

I was in awe when I heard about the Caterpillar workers taking managers as hostage, now the 20 Gangsters summit (riots in London) Its all falling into pieces.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Skittle]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more. I for one am well prepared but i know many who aren't. It's better to be a little too paranoid than not paranoid enough. TS will HTF eventually and if you're not preparing now, then don't expect me and everyone else who IS preparing to take care of you when the time comes.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by backyard guru

What am I doing to prepare? Preparing myself physically and mentally like an athlete, not a bodybuilder(protein and stuff for the looks..). I've also reduced my food intake for the last six months and will go on indefinitely to train my body to be more energy efficient. So yes, rigorous physical activities + reduced food, works wonders!

I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of running and kicking #@! when that time comes! And little food to eat so there...

top topics

join