It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Diet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I want to change my diet, I know it's bad because I just eat without any worry as to what's in it. I do only drink water though.

I'm just looking for a diet that is simple for one as I don't like cooking, I'd rather eat small snacks throughout the day than to eat a large meal. I'll eat nuts and I love fruits. Not so much with vegs but I can eat them if I have to.

I thought that since I'm changing my diet and I've felt really drawn towards spirituality recently, I should change my diet to help that development. Any idea would be appreciated.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I just saw this and though it deserved a reply. It's something I really care about too, although I don't want to preach. This is my feelin on the subject, and others will agree...it's up to you what you find best for you.

For me, what makes the biggest difference is a vegan diet. This would be a really easy diet to eat raw too, if you like your food that way, although you would have to include a good proportion of veggies and beans to balance it properly. Also sprouted seeds are excellent in a raw diet. Extremely nutritious. It would be easy to prep lots of things to store in the fridge to snack on as you wish.

As far as the spiritual element is concerned, the lack of dense, and energetically very negative meat and dairy will help you to progress much more quickly, and many spiritual teachers will recommend eliminating both to clear the channels and improve commmunication. You MUST, however, do you homework and make sure that your new diet ticks all the boxes in the nutrition department. I hope this helps a little.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Thank you for the advice also. I've very much considering a vegan diet but this would be a major step for me as I love meat and have always eat it without question. I'll do some more reading and studying on the matter.

Thank you again.

join