It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beauty of ISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Everyone recently knows about the recently conducted STS-119 mission to the ISS, it has now upgraded the ISS and made it capable of supporting six crew members at a time.

The most important think I look for in every mission is the view. The view of the earth, or the ISS backdropped against the earth.

I came across this image in the ISS homepage today. And I thought that the image speaks for iteself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/333497a2443f.jpg[/atsimg]

ISS homepage

The view is beautiful. I just dont have words to express it. The air glow effect of the atmosphere and the solar panels appearing in golden colour because of the sunlight passing through it. This sums up our technological capacity. The beauty we can achieve with technology is awesome.

A hi-res image is available in the image archive. It can be downloaded from,

ISS image

Another better one-

ISS image

I just hope that atleast now many would stop saying that NASA is wasting money on useless space flights. I think we humans achieved a new level of life with this.

[edit on April 1st, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Seriously, no one is interested in this?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just found a new desktop background!

The image you featured in your post is extremely beautiful

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I agree, that is a very beautiful picture. It's almost a promise of what is yet to come, if only we keep working together.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It is incredibly beautiful.

I hate to think that we have perhaps hit the peak of our technology for the time being, at least as far as space travel in my lifetime is concerned. I fear that the current crises facing us will prohibit further advancements for some time.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
[atsimg][/atsimg]

This is my desktop picture and personnal favorite.

Shows the ISS over the Manicouagan reservoir and the North Shore region of Quebec. It is a magnificent place that few people get to see because of it's remoteness.

You can get the wallpaper free from wallpapers.free-review.net...

EDIT: I realise it's an old picture but nice nonetheless.
[edit on 1-4-2009 by grandnic]

[edit on 1-4-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Here is another good image,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a19e99636b7c.jpg[/atsimg]

Source-

Shuttle

The above image shows the entire payload bay, tail section, and the robotic arm extension on the right, robotic arm on the left, and the tail section and OMS(orbital maneuvering system) in the middle, and down, is of course our familiar earth.

top topics

join