It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing To Build Surveillance Towers For U.S.-Canadian Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Boeing To Build Surveillance Towers For U.S.-Canadian Border

www.kake.com

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The U.S. Border Patrol is erecting 16 more video surveillance towers in Michigan and New York as part of its plans to use technology to help secure parts of the United States' 4,000-mile northern border with Canada.

The government awarded the $20 million project to Boeing Co., the same company responsible for the so-called virtual fence along the U.S.-Mexico border that has come under criticism for faulty technology.

Eleven of the towers are being installed in Detroit and five in Buffalo, N.Y., to help monitor water traffic between Canada and the United States along Lake St. Clair and the Niagara River.

At present, Border Patrol agents are posted along the river to keep an eye on water traffic.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well it won't be much longer till the goverment has a fence around the whole United States so they can heard us around like sheep.....just like that wall in Germany it to will come down. And since when did Boeing start making surveillance towers ? thought they were all about planes...wonder what else they are making ?

www.kake.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just think yourself lucky that they're not of the kind deployed in Israel along the Gaza border...yet

Israeli "Auto Kill Zone" Towers Locked and Loaded

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Good thing too. Everybody here in the US is tired of the pasty white guys from Canada eh coming here and taking our lumberjack jobs.

And we're tired of the darned Canadian nickels showing up in our change.

I cannot believe that we are even talking about the Canadian border until the Mexican border is buttoned down.
We need some of those Israeli towers on the Mexican border.

I was being sarcastic about the lumberjack jobs and nickels.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I cannot believe that we are even talking about the Canadian border until the Mexican border is buttoned down.

Is it hard to believe that a terrorist could come in easier through the US Canada border than the Mexican border?

Is it hard to believe that illegal activities, although not as severe, also happens on the US Canada border?

I just can't understand why people worry so much about terrorist coming in through the Mexican border, but feel we should leave the Canadian US border as is.

Do people really want our borders secure from all threats or do they only want the illegals to stay out?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
All that separates Michigan from Canada is water and in places it's only a couple of hundred feet wide. I'm from East Michigan and crossing the river is big business and probably bigger with todays new tax increase.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

wow...that looks nasty. Still the idea of putting a fence/guns along the border is a waste of time money.....the US is becoming a prision more each day. That mess down south in Mexico is not gonna be solved by a fence or in the middle east where they have been shooting at each other since , I don't know....its been war there since Jesus split right ? Im not from there but I know you have a mess on your hands and border fences and guard towers havent stoped the people.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yeah spend money on the US-Canadian border while drug cartels from Mexico are coming in killing and kidnapping people in the US... and Mexico is in near civil war and many parts of the country are under hardcore cartel rule.

But watch the canadian border... ridiculous.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
All that separates Michigan from Canada is water and in places it's only a couple of hundred feet wide. I'm from East Michigan and crossing the river is big business and probably bigger with todays new tax increase.

You know, I have no problem with sound borders that keep illegal stuff at bay, and ease normal traffic, instead. We have issues about rfid drivers' licences and the security of the personal info being shared with whoever the US trusts, but I have no need to sneak across the border, so bring it on. And y'all know you're always welcome to visit, right?

new topics

top topics

join