It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. private sector axes 742,000 jobs in March

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
I learned today that one of our job finding services, that supports 3 different counties in my area, called Extra Help Services, has closed it's doors..Now THATS when you know the economy is tanking..even they can't find jobs..

How about creating your own employment? Forget the job centres and head for the small business enterprise centres instead. Release yourself from the centralised labour market and make a return to cottage industry.

Whilst there may not be mass-markets that many are conditioned to believe is the only way to conduct business, a small enterprise, such as say, setting up an small fee charging network that combines the unused talents of the elder generation who would dearly wish to feel useful, with the needs of those who require childminding...a 'mom and pop childcare shop' if you like...

If the social-economic web was re-woven at a local level, it would strengthen community ties and pride whilst creating jobs

It's all about thinking outside the current box we find ourselves in

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You are right about the DOW being up.

They want to buy low. I hope they get out in time.

All the numbers arent out yet. Worst is to come.

GM will probably file for Bankruptcy. AIG is too big to SURVIVE and all bank may soon be Nationalized.

Increased regulations on Wall street and Main street will cause panic and blood in the streets.

My suspition is it will be worse than Lehman failing.

2010 will be an interesting year, as well!

The smart money is still sitting on the sidelines.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

oh just stop with the party crap and wake up! Neither Side is on our side these morons in washington care nothing about any of us! divide and conquer is what the parties are all about.

when will the Morons here in the U.S wake up and learn this!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett
reply to post by whaaa

oh just stop with the party crap and wake up! Neither Side is on our side these morons in washington care nothing about any of us! divide and conquer is what the parties are all about.

when will the Morons here in the U.S wake up and learn this!

Amen to that. It's time to vote 3rd party in 2012. Throw all these criminal hacks out of office.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Things are really bad here in eastern Pennsylvania. I've been laid off since July and everybody in my family is laid off except one aunt and one uncle. The job market is absolutely horrible. It's so strange to walk outside at mid day during the week and see the street lined with parked cars because nobody has a job anymore. But worry not; at least we have a black president.

Things are really bad in a lot of places, not just Pennsylvania.

I find your remark about us now having a black president quite deragatory, and to be quite frank, racist.

American people suffered the Bush administration for 8 years, and that administration is why we are in the fix that we are now. Bush was white, and I really take offence that you suggest that all our problems now rely on the fact that we have a black president in office.

These things that we are facing, did not just suddenly pop up....it took 8 years to get us where we are, by a white guy.

Obama was just sworn in, in January, and it is now April 1st. Sorry, but your words suggesting the problems we face are because he is now in charge, and black, are ridiculous.

Put the blame where it belongs, and that is on the Bush administration!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, just like prices at the pump, where there is a lag between oil dropping in price per barrel, and what you pay, there will be a fairly noticeable lag between recovery and employment #'s. The layoffs you are seeing now were a result of what happened last quarter, not what is happening now.

Anything that is happening now, we probably won't see the residual effects for 3 or more months. Just saying

So blaming the current president for the current unemployment #s imo, is just another way to take a free cheap shot at the current administration.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's not the governments fault people are losing their jobs and homes, it's the PEOPLES fault. They shouldn't have been living beyond their means and got a higher degree in a stable career and put their money into a savings account. Not go out and buy useless and utter crap like high priced clothes, going out to restaurants all the time and expensive high end electronics. 80% of the people have no one to blame but themselves.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by doorbell412]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well put.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Barney Frank Caused it. Bush tried to stop him, but...

Barney frank caused the Collapse

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Things are really bad here in eastern Pennsylvania. I've been laid off since July and everybody in my family is laid off except one aunt and one uncle. The job market is absolutely horrible. It's so strange to walk outside at mid day during the week and see the street lined with parked cars because nobody has a job anymore. But worry not; at least we have a black president.

Things are really bad in a lot of places, not just Pennsylvania.

I find your remark about us now having a black president quite deragatory, and to be quite frank, racist.

American people suffered the Bush administration for 8 years, and that administration is why we are in the fix that we are now. Bush was white, and I really take offence that you suggest that all our problems now rely on the fact that we have a black president in office.

These things that we are facing, did not just suddenly pop up....it took 8 years to get us where we are, by a white guy.

Obama was just sworn in, in January, and it is now April 1st. Sorry, but your words suggesting the problems we face are because he is now in charge, and black, are ridiculous.

Put the blame where it belongs, and that is on the Bush administration!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

x2

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Peter Schiff is saying we are headed into a depression.
High unemployment, high prices, runs on banks, runs on commodities. He is on youtube quite a bit, and other cable shows, Glenn Beck etc.

He also says the Dow will go down to around 3000.

Doesn't sound good.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The job sector is the last sector to recoup after an economic downturn. It has a longer lag then other sectors.
In about a year give or take you will see it start to recoup.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If the federal reserve didn't set interests rates so low this wouldn't have happened.

Look at the enablers...not the users.

Both parties take blame in this...you can argue all day on both sides about who did what...and that only proves it that it's true.

The government and the fed enabled this....

By the way....the job losses are terrible.

Let's spend more.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Let's see. Obama promised 5 million new jobs.

Obama took over toward the end of Jan so I won't add Jan in the math below.

In feb, the job losses were around 650,000

In March, job losses were about 742,000

That is 1,392,000 jobs lost since Obama took over.

Am I wrong in saying that Obama now has to create 6,392,000 new jobs in order to keep his promise of creating 5 million new jobs?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Amazing what happens when a company can't afford to keep its employees, eh? You hear people shout about the need to raise taxes on businesses and the wealthy that keep these businesses going and these people don't realize one thing...these companies don't want to see their bottom line drop. And how do they make sure that it doesn't drop when taxes are already ridiculous for them and their sales are low? You guessed it, they start laying people off. And then people complain about companies outsourcing jobs. What incentive is their for these employers to keep their labor in the US if it is too expensive to employ the necessary workforce AND pay corporate taxes? Name an incentive, I would love to learn something new today.

[edit on 4/1/2009 by numo16]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
good good , the more the jobs americans lose ,the faster the collapse/civil war of USA and then NWO,IMF and we indians,chinese and russians can gorge and loot USA of its wealth and become wealthy yourselves

time to dismantle USA

God willing, you will choke to death tonight.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow, only took half a dozen posts to degenerate into party bashing. The NWO is good at what they do, i'll give em that.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rundog

I heard another prediction from a rather smart guy that it'd go to 3000 or below by 2010. Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Latest available unemployment figures:

Spain - 15.5%
France - 8.6%
UK - 8.5%
US - 8.2%
Germany - 7.4%

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Um the reason you are stuffed is in part due to your Credit Default Swaps - but the greatest financial threat facing the us is clearly the debt you have accrued.

You are standing on the precipice of 12 trillion in debt - with 60 trillion in unsecured loans pending - my god - you are worried about Obama.

Further China has the largest accumulation of American dollars on earth - and are on the verge of dumping it and are calling for Chinese world currency which it looks very much like getting as Europe and Asia are completely fed up with the US arrogance (thanks george).

This means the US dollar will lose 50-80 percent of its value over night - this is not a maybe THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

That means a loaf of bread is going to cost 10 times what it does now, and that means a whole world of pain.

what none of you have appreciated in these figures is that unemployment is accelerating - as it would - you are going to have more, and more people exponentially becoming unemployed - the US is in free fall and nothing is going to stop it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join