It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another form of Vitamin B6 declared drug by the FDA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The FDA's crusade against vitamins continues.

If anyone can recall back in January of 2009 a form of b6 known as pyridoxamine was banned as it is an analogue of a drug that they are trying to manufacture and this is clearly competition. Maybe no one despaired because the P5P version was left untouched... until now. Take action against this fascistic form of politics now, lest you die of starvation with a stomach full of food.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by modusoperandi]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by modusoperandi

CAFTA contained the codex alimentrus (spelling), this said that they would outlaw all natural found substances and vitamins and make them available only from pharmaceutical companies with prescriptions from doctors.

Many of us warned you as you voted for the Dems and Reps and claimed not your guy. YES YOUR GUY DID IT!

Whining now about what you were forewarned about seems a bit moronic to me. Watch as all the natural substances are claimed as drugs or dangerous slowly til there is nothing left but prescription vitamins.

You want your country and liberty back, Mr. Jefferson told you it would take the BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS, how many of you are willing to shed your blood for this nation and its future?

Thought so, you can't attend because American Idol finals are on or your gods on the final 4 teams, or whatever your personal reasons for cowardice are. Those great men who founded this nation said if we don't HANG TOGETHER we will HANG SEPARATELY!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
vitamin b's are water souluable so you can piss them out if your body has to mutch im prity sure ucan inject a whole 200 ml of this stuff intraveiniously and it wont hurt you prescriptions are f$$king stupid the only substances that should be banned are mind altering stuff like opiates and ephadrine analogs prescriptions are retarted i dont get it you can leagally cut off your hand and doctors cant put it back on if its your will but you cant put prescription drugs in your body and even water soluable vitamins what basically fillter them selves out

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by modusoperandi

Actually, to be fair, it gained the interest of the FDA because a company petitioned to have the FDA determine the regulatory status. The FDA determined that there was no pre-1994 marketing that occured identifying it as a dietary supplment or food per the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA), so as a consequence any company wishing to bring it to market must pursue it as a new drug.

The company successfully petitioned that pyridoxamine was chemically distinct (which it technically is) from the other two vitamin B6 structures and that, despite its presence in the food supply, the paucity of pre-1994 marketing does not subject it to grandfathered status per DSHEA.

The ruling is secondary to savvy legal manuvering, and not a FDA conspiracy to salvage an otherwise flailing startup manufacturer that (unwisely?) invested $104 million into what could considered an OTC treatment for diabetic nephropathy.

It appears that in vivo metabolism of pyridoxine has the same pharmacokinetic activity and efficacy - maybe I could make millions selling Rockstar drinks to DN patients (sugar-free, of course)?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If you eat properly and follow a healthy diet, you should not need to take any vitamin supplements (and not get diabetes II).

Too much pyridoxine, pyridoxal, or pyridoxamine can cause tingling and numbness in the arms and legs, aka peripheral neuropathy.

Vitamins have been shown to improve many medical conditions (and studies have also shown that they don't).

I think the supplement industry should be regulated, personally. I also think people should educate themselves before they take vitamins.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

what do you think would be worse?

people using vitamins carelessly or regulation taking away herbal remedies.

this would include GROWING them for crying out loud, just like the hemp prohibition outlaws that particular plant. your lie 'should not need to' is not based on fact.

try a thread on soil depletion and refute its content or justify your stance.

=================

can't you see? Codex Alimentarius is real and supposed to be in place by the end of this year. www.abovetopsecret.com...

endgame, deny it until it's YOU in line.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I glanced at your thread about soil depletion. I have no argument against it, because I agree. Our food is crap and I suspect things will only get worse. So, if you are saying that people cannot eat properly, even if they try, I will agree with that, too.

However, I will still stand by my statement that those who eat properly should not need to take vitamins. Also, notice I used should not, instead of do not. Some people will need to take vitamins regardless of how well they eat. I also want to apologize to anyone who's diabetes II is unrelated to their diet. I forgot that some people, like myself, are on medications that could cause diabetes II.

Why do I think they should be regulated? One, I do not believe that a person always gets what they think they are buying. Second, while there are probably some really good and decent folks out there selling vitamins, who also have good intentions, I think there are many out there trying to make a quick buck off of other people. And I think that these people can sometimes be very unscrupulous in their business practices. Another thing. How many multi level marketing schemes are revolving around vitamins and supplements? In the end you pay much more than you should be with most MLM. Products pass through so many hands.

As with anything. Educate yourself about your vitamins. Know what you are taking. Know why you are taking it. Know how you should be taking it. Know who you are getting it from.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
If you eat properly and follow a healthy diet, you should not need to take any vitamin supplements (and not get diabetes II).

Too much pyridoxine, pyridoxal, or pyridoxamine can cause tingling and numbness in the arms and legs, aka peripheral neuropathy.

Vitamins have been shown to improve many medical conditions (and studies have also shown that they don't).

I think the supplement industry should be regulated, personally. I also think people should educate themselves before they take vitamins.

You said it properly... "also think PEOPLE should educate THEMSELVES before they take vitamins."

We regulate and educate ourselves for our bodies needs... NOT the GOVERNMENT.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My idea of government regulation is more of a quality control issue. I trust some people making vitamins much less than I trust the government.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

And so many so call prescribe drugs to treat ailments or do you have forgotten that for every one medication you take for your medical needs it comes with a list of side effects that may or not affect you still the Internet is full of people with complains of medical approved drugs and the side effects that the pharmaceuticals do not tell you about.

My mother has become a victim of this medications over the years the prescription drugs to treat her hart problems went to a whooping 9 pills a day.

Every time she had a side effect the doctor gave her something else to "fix it".

The end result she is now a full blown diabetic as her pancreas not longer can work properly( she has never been overweight) .

nobody in my mother side of the family had pancreatic problems or diabetes and my mother's mother and her sisters are all in the eighties and alive and well.

So no excuse that it was a genetic disorder or hereditary the many pills she took did the deed and also now is attacking her kidneys.

I decided a long time ago that I will take my chances with alternative medicine thank you very much.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by marg6043]

top topics

join