It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U. S.-Approved Arms Exports Source of Mexican Syndicates Rising Firepower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

U. S.-Approved Arms Exports Source of Mexican Syndicates Rising Firepower

www.freerepublic.com

$Billions In Weapons Exports Approved by U.S.

Mainstream media have unleashed a wave of panic linking escalating violence in Mexico and its spread into the U.S. to illegal weapons smuggling.

The smokescreen being spread by these official mouthpieces is that a host of criminal operators are making purchases at U.S. gun shows or otherwise gathering weapons to smuggle them south of the border to the “drug cartels.”

They are getting into Mexico through State Department- approved exports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
narcosphere .narconews.com
www.mysanantonio.com
www.latimes.com
www.latimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Source: More feds to combat border violence

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
An investigation into the flow of arms across the U.S. border leads right back to the systemic corruption that afflicts the Mexican government and the United States’ own trade policies.

The deadliest weapons now in the hands of criminal groups in Mexico, are getting in through private-sector arms exports sanctioned by our own State Department.

Grenade launchers, explosives and “assault” weapons are then corruptly transferred to drug trafficking organizations via the Mexican military and law enforcement agencies.

Reliable sources, including former DEA and CIA agents, say the shipment of military-grade weapons to the Mexican government under a State Department program, given the extent of corruption within that government, is essentially like “shipping weapons to a crime syndicate.”

The U.S. State Department’s Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) program allows private companies to sell defense hardware or services to foreign purchasers — which include both government units and private buyers in other countries. State reports provide evidenc of the extensive volume of U.S. private-sector arms shipments to both Mexico and Latin America in general.

According to DCS reports, $1 billion in defense hardware was approved for export to Mexico via private U.S. companies between fiscal year 2004 and fiscal year 2007. During the same period, a total of some $3.7 billion in weapons and hardware was approved under the DCS program to all of Latin America and the Caribbean.

In addition to the military hardware exports approved for Mexico, $3.8 billion in defense-related “services” also were approved for “export” to Mexico over the same four-year period, according to the DCS reports.

The total value of State Department-approveddefense-related hardware and service exports by private U.S. companies to Mexico tallied nearly $5 billion over the four-year window.

And that doesn’t even count the $700 million in assistance already authorized under the Merida Initiative or any new DCS exports approved for fiscal years 2008 and 2009, which ends Sept. 30.

www.freerepublic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Oooooo I see now.

So it's our own government that is sending the guns down south yet they want to BAN guns here in the states and blaim it on the people.

Dirty rotten bastards the entire lot!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i been waiting for a thread about guns in mexico glad one was started

i been watchin the news and its totally pissing me off about the guns "used" in mexico for the drug violence.

i am screaming at the tv cursing at it in fact becasue democrats are trying to reinforce the gun ban of weapons that are not being used down south.

think about what self respecting drug dealer uses a semi auto ar-15 or sks???

when you say none well your right... the guns being used down south are full auto and not available to anyone in the us.

mexican government corruption is right m16s most likely from the way you said in the orignal post. us government sold to mexico and the enterpising corrupt official on the take sold the the drug cartels. end of story

but this isnt being told on the news. its just the tag line if " us guns being used in mexico.." thats all she wrote to drum up support for taking away our rights to what little we do have access to.

the democrats/liberals dont want the masses to have guns cause if things continue to play like thye are you will see the second american revolution.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
... they want to BAN guns here in the states and blaim it on the people.

You won't hear this from the MSM, but a handful of licensed exporters were responsible for over $5billion of arms sales to the Mexican military and police.

Many of the Mexican military and police then sold TAWs, grenades, and armor-piercing artillery to the cartels.

So, what does Obama do? Limit our choices of guns and ammo!

originally posted by neo67
i am screaming at the tv cursing at it in fact becasue democrats are trying to reinforce the gun ban of weapons that are not being used down south.

think about what self respecting drug dealer uses a semi auto ar-15 or sks???

when you say none well your right ... .

What a sack of *! The Obama administration was looking for an opportunity even before inauguration to limit 2nd Am. rights.

The Mexican civil war is being blamed on gun dealers and gun shows!

For hand greades and grenade launchers. For anti-tank weapons and TAW missiles. For full-auto HKs, M16s and Kalashnikovs.

For a WAREHOUSE FULL of military grade armament in Juarez.

I posted back when they 1st announced 95 ATF agents going to McAllen, etc. that it was not for Mexican guns, but for ours.

"Beefed up" borders won't stop State Department endorsed arms sales under thier fair-trade programs.

And it sure won't stop the corrupt Mexican cops, federales and Army from selling these weapons to the cartels.

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the arms were sent there with full knowledge that they would be use by drug cartels. It's the perfect plan: 1: send guns to mexico, 2: wait for violence to erupt, 3: blame said violence on the constitutional right to bear arms, 4: pass more legislation to further limit the second amendment. The lengths liberals will go to to push their agenda never ceases to astound me.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate
Our State Dept., DEA, CIA and DHS most surely know/knew the state of the Mexican govt. and military. Hell, I'm just a neighbor and I know it first-hand!

You're absolutely right that this is just another of the manufactured
"crises" that Clinton, Emmanuel and BHO have referred to as 'great opportunities, too important to waste.'

They are manipulating the Barackites/Obamaniacs, and trying for the rest of us, too.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

top topics

join