It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Writing Contest (SXWC) [Winners Announced]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Now you've got me thinking

Just WHAT could the membership come up with if the next writing contest was based on a toothy little mummified creature in a taped box.

I bet the results would surprise us.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Good luck to everyone - I know today is suppose to be the announcement of winners!

The stories submitted were awesome - and I enjoyed reading them!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As chosen by a panel of 5 independent volunteer judges, here are the winners of the contest:

First Prize

(25,000 ATS points)

Flatwoods - (SXWC) The Final Warning

Second Prize

(20,000 ATS points)

drsmooth23 - (SXWC) Silence and Darkness

Third Prize

(15,000 ATS points)

questioningall - (SXWC) In the Bowels of the Earth, Survival?

Honourable Mention

(5,000 ATS points)

sdp333 - (SXWC) Something New Under The Sun

Cameoii - (SXWC) De-Evolution

Seany - (SXWC) Backyard

antar - (SXWC) The next dimensional plane of existence

OrangeJuice - (SXWC) Anna

Congratulations to all the winners and a big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed. Each and every story was enjoyable and well worth reading.

Happy Mother's Day

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ah congratulations winners!

And yes masqua I fully agree this was an awsome and inspiring contest with many new writers jumping into our vast pool of intellectual and imaginary excellence.

Thank you judges for your excellent choices for the top and for my honorable mention.

Very much looking forward to the next contest.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, congratulations to all the winners.

Next time I'll put more than an hour and a half of thought into it....

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Damn I missed this. Maybe next time?

Well done everybody!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners and the honorable mentions, this was one heck of a contest.

I'm already looking forward to the next one.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
AWESOME!!!! haha, for once in my life i can feel validated, haha. Thank you for all who participated. You have NO IDEA how much your kind words meant to me. I loved reading the stories, we have some great minds at work here. Thank you and MUCH LOVE!!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow - all the stories were awesome!

Thank you to all the judges! Wow - I had never won/placed a writing contest before! But - I have to admit this was the first time I have ever entered one too. I am thrilled - I know it had to have been very hard for the judges to decide with all the fabulous entries! Thank you again!

I know I will enjoy reading - Flatwoods over and over again - when I need a good laugh!

edit - boy did I not write this post well - edit for grammer

[edit on 10-5-2009 by questioningall]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Congratulations to the Winners!

Great choices judges.

WTG Orangejuice

Thank-you Mods & Judges.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Great contest! Ever since first joining this forum three years ago, I've been hoping to win 1st prize, and it means a lot to me. A big thanks to everyone who contributed their skill, creativity, and wonderful ideas by posting their stories, and a big, HUGE thanks to the judges, without which we'd have no contest at all.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Flatwoods]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thanks masqua, mrwupy, judges, and Everyone,

This experience brought back good memories. Just last century my brother and I would write stories for R.L Stine hoping for a chance to create a Famous Goosebumps story. We kept stacks of books and journals all over the place, it was our own retreat...

I read a few Winner Showcase entries too, this forum is exciting and full of talent. I'm proud to write with all of you.

Thanks to MountainStar Credits!!! looks like I've come into some new dough pal all drinks are on me, just don't bring that thing in Your CLOSET!!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Great Work Everyone

Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions!! Well Deserved!

Hopefully by tonight I'll have some time to leave some comments in the entries. I thoroughly enjoy reading the creative works of our ATS members. You guys and gals ROCK!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatwoods

Your post has been a BIG hit with my family and friends, my mom was even on the verge of making an account just to tell you that she thoroughly enjoyed your entry.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you to all the contestants! Great work!

All of these winning stories (and others also) have huge merit. I think I've read all the SXWC stories by now, and each of them has a lot to offer, including those that didn't win any ribbons.

What I especially like about this forum is that you can take your time and dwell on each of these entries, look for deep meaning and subtext that you only occasionally find in the other ATS forums (where subtlety and finesse of self-expression is, unfortunately, sometimes lacking.)

I think everyone will agree with me on that.

Congratulations to the winners. Keep writing

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
When will they have another contest? I wasn't a member last month.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join