It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tries To Rally World To Cope With Downturn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Obama Tries To Rally World To Cope With Downturn

apnews.myway.com

LONDON(AP)-On the eve of a global economic summit, President Barack Obama promised world leaders he would listen, not lecture, as they seek a common fix to the financial crisis. "We can only meet this challenge together," he said Wednesday as the U.S. and Russia spoke on the summit sidelines about nuclear warhead reduction.

The discussion centers on a possible replacement of the dying 1991 Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, which limited the world's two largest nuclear arsenals. Expiring Dec. 5.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
apnews.myway.com
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com
apnews.myway.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
China Challenges US Global Financial Leadership
Goodbye Freedom Tower
Obama: 'I don't support a global currency'
Obama's first real challenge: China, free trade and currency policy

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If you dig into the middle of the original story link, I believe one of the most important details of this whole story is the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, which expires Dec 5, 2009. All the hype of course is focused on money, as well a potential one-world monetary system, which according to many articles both on ATS as well as Main-Stream-Media, President Barack Obama stands against. The question I believe is important though is whether he truly believes that or whether it's the politico-shuffle Washington D.C. two-step with typical double-speak, or not.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think it's very interesting that people are protesting the G-20 Summit vigorously, in expectation that the World Government leaders are going to do all sorts of nasty things with the current monetary system in order to bypass the current financial crisis every country is facing. The fact that the nuclear treaty is being discussed is big deal as well, because if the treaty is allowed to lapse in December this year, this could mean another Nuclear Arms Race if one nation begins getting antsy.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

this could mean another Nuclear Arms Race if one nation begins getting antsy.

That is a pretty interesting point. Nuclear Arms Race means more $$$ in the hands of the people who run things. I can't help but think that this will lapse.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

That was exactly the point I was making, in that nuclear missiles cost money, and workers get paid to build them, corporations get billions in contracts, as well as troops have to be trained to know how to fire them. I keep seeining more and more war indicators everywhere.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm surprised only one other person commented on this thread. What gives?

new topics

top topics

join