It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Legislation Would Federalize Cybersecurity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Addressing what intelligence officials describe as a gaping vulnerability, the legislation also calls for the appointment of a White House cybersecurity "czar" with unprecedented authority to shut down computer networks, including private ones, if a cyberattack is underway, the officials said.

Blair acknowledged there will be privacy concerns about centralizing cybersecurity, and he said the program should be designed in a way that gives Americans confidence that it is "not being used to gather private information."
- HA!

www.washingtonpost.com...

Boy, this really makes all the hype about the Conficker virus seem a lot like a false flag op to get the sheep scared enough to hand over their computers to the feds.

I'm surprised we have any freedoms or free-will left to give.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So are we so numbed by the daily rape of the Constitution and swift erosion of our freedoms that no one can even comment on the above story anymore? Has outrage been replaced by exhaustion at the whole endeavor? I guess I don't blame anyone for feeling that way. Personally, I am even beginning to transition from fatigue to personal isolationism... long leaving outrage in the dust. I suppose I'm part of the problem; as more and more of us feel this way, TPTB can get more and more tyrannical.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And, people thought Bush and crew were bad. :shk:

By the end of Obama's first term, the majority of the private sector will be part of the public sector and owned and operated by the government.....at least it will if things keep going like they've been going over the past 60 days.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
" "It's not a problem that will ever be completely solved," Rockefeller said. "You have to keep making higher walls."

Last week, Director of National Intelligence Dennis C. Blair told reporters that one agency should oversee cybersecurity for government and for the private sector. He added that the NSA should be central to the effort.

"The taxpayers of this country have spent enormous sums developing a world-class capability at the National Security Agency on cyber," he said. "

Read as "More government. More taxes. Less security, fewer freedoms."

Love the smell of HOPPE's, and spent gunpowder.

new topics

top topics

join