It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Discover Another Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Captains Kirk and Picard stumbled into them all the time. Alice found one beyond the looking glass. The children in C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia entered theirs by way of a musty old wardrobe. Considering their usefulness as a plot device, it's hardly surprising that science fiction and fantasy literature are filled with alternate universes of one kind or another. What is surprising, though, is that mainstream physicists have stumbled onto their own alternate universes, hidden amid the complexities of science's most arcane equations.

www.time.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Great post OP ! Star and Flagged

This was also something that me as a layman used to wonder. The ideal of pararell universe/multi universe is indeed fascinating, but hard to imagine.

The article states that an electron can only be measured 1 ms in the future (I mean its location), my question is, and this is what I failed to understand from it, is, isnt the electron still there? Lets say it is a door that contains an electron, as do all objects, then the door is always there, attached to the hinges. Then can we not atleast predict the range of locations where the electron can be in a future time?

For warping spacetime here is a website and a guy Ken Wright who claims that gravity and strong nuclear force are one and the same and this strong nuclear force can be amplified and used to warp space time

Gravity Warp Drive

new topics

join