It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: G20 Summit Build-up - BBC News

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What i find iffy about sky news is that they have used the headline about the death of a protester as a headline, wrote a few lines about it then gone of on a pro police propaganda one.
Typical.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
did anyone notice how they were hearded towards the rbs bank which just
so happened not to board they windows up, hmm, and the police held
them in squares for 8 hours, cctv for the whole city is off making it easy to
set up for some event tomorrow, watch this space. the bbc have been so
fishy all day, technical hitch after technical hitch after were just going to
leave mr brown. did brown set obama up? on that first question he was
dun good and proper, then mumbled his way through the rest of the
conference. is the S gonna hit the fan tomorrow? big day tomorrow me
thinks, any agree?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The man was killed.
Alright?

There is little doubt.
Read london.indymedia.org.uk... ... I mean, they don't detail anything on that site, but you can read it to get a general gist of how this is all playing out.
The cops are trying to strongarm the protestors.

This will get nasty tomorrow. Actually, I think it will probably be nasty tonight into tomorrow.

I think you are seeing so much resentment towards the Police because of the way they approach disspersing a peaceful crowd.
This happens and it is disgusting.

The people ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST...
For the police to use intimidating tactics hampers this right.

Hell, if all were right in the world, the police wouldn't even need the menacing face shields and body armor they wear to these things.

Yeah, people have a right to be pissed. Even at the cops. Don't forget, they DO have provacateurs in the crowds. They've all but admitted it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Definately, once news gets around about a protesters death, plus on twitter theres news that several protesters were seriously injured (wether true or not i dont know) but rumours are going to fuel whatever happens tommorow.
Did anyone see the amoured car a protester drove to the rally? - hilarious

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Seems Police dont like the Climate Change Campers!!!

"Sitting down peacefully outside the camp for hrs, with no warning the police moved in trampling us, I was hit round the mouth" #imcg20 #g20

search.twitter.com...

Seems that the only thing we are ever going to hear is going to be on twitter and other independent websites and those at the protest also have there own agenda as the police/media has....

[edit on 1-4-2009 by r3dman]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I read on that site I linked above that a man was taking pictures of the police in the line (probably the same dude with camera ready on the front page of sky news right now) and the police took his camera stating it was illegal for him to do that.
Then he pulled out a video camera as they were trying to delete his pictures!
They gave the camera back to him.

This is what we need. You see, they have passed these corrupt BS laws and when they are held to task on them, they cave in.

THIS is what these types of protests stop. You see, they realized that taking as much time on that one man to stop his "illegal activity" will have exposed them as being bullies, as many others are likely filming.
So they stopped.

No wonder they passed the law making it illegal to film cops.
They knew this crap was coming.
Long ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but just a heads up to those who thought i was wrong about the laws about taking photos of the police.

A photographer was taken to one side by police and threatened under anti-terror legislation that he was not allowed to take pictures of police "engaged in their duty." Police confiscated his camera and attempted to delete all the photographs he'd taken. The photographer pulled out another camera to film them doing this, and was threatened again, but police then returned the first camera.[ex/]
Tossers
- the police that is

doh - jay you beat me to it.

[edit on 1/4/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I told you today that it will be police against police. Hardly anyone there wanted it, it was just police again causing trouble, and police laming people.

scum....

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
The man was killed.
Alright?

Not really.

I can understand how tensions are high after some of the heavy handedness of today.

Look at it this way though, if you came on the UFO forum claiming to have seen a UFO, but as yet had no proof, members here would be baying for your blood.

There are many ways someone can die. The guy could have had a heart attack, he could have had something wrong with him that contributed to his death. Yes, he could also have been killed by a police officer.

Fact is, no-one knows yet.

For a site that likes it's facts and proof so much, i thought some of the members here would know better than to spout stuff they have no idea about.

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

"19:20 - Bank: Ongoing scuffles between protestors and riot police. Two arrests of street theatre performers for impersonating police officers." From: london.indymedia.org.uk...

It was said in the former link that these uniforms may have been "stolen" and reported as such as an excuse for the Police to say that folks were merely 'impersonating' cops.
It has already begun...

I don't understand why the thread was moved to below top secret. It shouldn't be there.
Liken it to a petty thug who commits murder, takes off and returns home to report his car stolen after ditching the car.
Plausible deniability.

If some protestors are murdered, or something to this effect, and they say they were simply people impersonating cops this would be the height of corruption.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Considering the cops have actually raided a camp and indiscriminately beaten people who actually had their hands up at the time (once again, see the site I linked twice now) I would say a preponderance of evidence would urge me to lean towards the idea that the man was killed.

I doubt he choked on a hotdog.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed various streaming webcams from London have been taken down since this morning?

Such as this one: www.camvista.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Look, I hate to condone violence and destruction... But honestly, I think it is necessary.

The cops are holding people still.... and these are people who are largely peaceable.... so they can photo them, take a copy of their IDs and get their home address.
Why?
Well, I can't be certain, but I would assume it is so they can enter them into a database and next time around, arrest them first.

No, the people need to slug the Government in the mouth here.
MAKE A STATEMENT!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
I've made a seperate thread for this as I think it deserved one but it seems no-one's there so I'll post it here too

Sky News have just reported that the police are making those still being held around The Bank of England through todays G20 Protests/Demonstrations; leave the area in SINGLE FILE - And as they leave, they are ALL (NO Exceptions) being searched, questioned AND Having their photographs (mugshots) taken.

There is absolutely no distinguishing between peaceful/troublemaking members here, no "Discrimination" as it were, they're treating EVERY - SINGLE - ONE as a criminal!

This is sickening and just ANOTHER wake up call to what's going on in the world. I'd be surprised if they don't demand fingerprinting/Blood taking from each one soon enough.

Who is really to blame. The violent thugs or the Police. How are the Police to know who is armed or dangerous in that chaos. What choice do they have.

I watched what these people were doing when I woke up this morning. They were laughing while destroying property. They scare me just as much as those in power. Maybe more.

Blame those who are really at fault here if we are to be honest.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
At least the citizens know who is armed, and who is dangerous, and who is ready to bully, to humiliate and whatever they wish... arrest, torture, kill...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So are there any live cam feeds into the areas where the protesters are ????

Be very interesting to see what actualy happens in comparison to what is reported on the news...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
London police launch anti-Twitter squad at G20 protests

polizeros.com...

This caused much mirth among police. However, unbeknown to them, an anarchist double agent had infiltrated the Twitter sabotage team and the chaos they thought they’d caused among the anarchists was simply part of a devious plan by protesters to to confuse police. The police may think they control the twitter stream, but in reality the G20 protesters do.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lordbayfin

While this sounds like good news, it is really bad news. If true.

I have noticed that these protest threads go very quiet once someone starts speaking about the fact that the protestors are actually in the right here.

Just sayin...

Anyhow, I was thinking about that earlier. I think we are seeing quite a bit of restraint on the behalf of the Police here. 1) Because they are trying to be very careful not to set of the powder keg in the making and 2) because a lot of them actually understand precisely where these protestors are coming from.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
The man was killed.
Alright?

Not really.

I can understand how tensions are high after some of the heavy handedness of today.

Look at it this way though, if you came on the UFO forum claiming to have seen a UFO, but as yet had no proof, members here would be baying for your blood.

There are many ways someone can die. The guy could have had a heart attack, he could have had something wrong with him that contributed to his death. Yes, he could also have been killed by a police officer.

Fact is, no-one knows yet.

For a site that likes it's facts and proof so much, i thought some of the members here would know better than to spout stuff they have no idea about.

CX.
i have an idea matey i saw him on the floor sorounded by people then eventually carried off into a police cordon before that i think it was a police medic was putting something down his throat, when i got home from the protest my flatmate told me somebody had died of breathing difficulties at the protest!

I am telling you this now because i was there

the police herded us into a tiny space

it looked like this

bank of england protest/police/protestors/police

they herded us in and told us we couldnt leave

then they made us leave and charged us back up the street thats when i came across the man

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
"1910 The BBC's Ben Brown near the Bank of England says: Protesters have set up barricades in the street and have lit a fire from which black smoke is billowing. Missiles are being thrown and the police have mounted a charge against protesters. There's some quite ferocious fighting going on."

Sounded quite interesting, however we will see the true "riots" later on today as the meeting takes place.

I have to say though it really pisses me off that they have took down the cameras, a few years ago i wanted to be a police officer, today this just shows how they can get away with brutality away from mainstream view.

Not like the BBC will mention police brutality, we really need some guys down there with a live feed.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join