It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article has cop dissing blacks / Deputy reinstated after Macing rabbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

William Thrasher, a white cop in the 22nd District, at 17th and Montgomery, has been put on desk duty after an article written by a Temple University student quoted him describing his disgust for black people in the district where he works, likening them to animals and calling their problems "typical n---- s---," or "TNS," during a ride-along with the student Jan. 30.

The article enraged The Guardian Civic League, an organization of black Philadelphia police officers, which is calling for his dismissal.

"[Thrasher] took an oath to protect all people," said Rochelle Bilal, who heads the group. "If that's the way he feels about black people, then he needs to be off our streets."

The police Internal Affairs department is investigating. Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said that that kind of inflammatory rhetoric will not be tolerated within the department.

"I'm not happy with this at all," he said. "I take this very, very seriously. It's not supposed to happen. You can't serve people you don't respect."

www.philly.com...

A Denver sheriff's deputy who pleaded guilty to a charge of animal cruelty for using Mace on a rabbit continues to oversee inmates at the Denver County Jail.

Alvin Perez, 41, was suspended for two months without pay and then was reinstated, said people familiar with the case. The date of his reinstatement was not available Monday.

A criminal complaint says that on May 28, Perez saw a rabbit near where he was standing outside the Denver County Jail during his break.

He got a can of Mace and sprayed the rabbit for no apparent reason.

Perez pleaded guilty to one count of animal cruelty and was sentenced in December to one year of supervised probation, a one-year suspended jail sentence and a $500 fine.

www.denverpost.com...

This is sick, and it shows how sick police are these days. There are so many racists, and I don't see how a rabbit would need macing in any way shape or form.

This is absolutely disgusting.

They should be punished to the full extent at which they can be for these sorts of things. The deputy should NOT being reinstated, that's for freaking sure.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It goes either way, I'm sure if a black person had made racial statements to a student about white people, they would just laugh it off, no matter how serious the statement was.

Also, is there a 'Union I guess' of White cops?

Just wondering.

As I see it he shouldn't lose his job, maybe desk duty for a few months to a year, he didn't do anything to a black person, (or to any person).

If you want to take it were all this is going. I can see it easier for every white civilian to have to go to seminars of Racism, and understanding how black people tend to big great people. on a regular basis.

There are an estimated 941,000 cops in the US. Don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole apple farm.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yep, these two examples show really disgusting law officers. But, I am not surprised at it at all. Where I live I don't see or read about this stuff. Perhaps it does occur, but I don't know if it does. There are not many law suits filed against officers and the ones that are, are rather silly and don't warrant any sort of action against an officer. An example is a woman who was drunk driving and when she turned around and had the cuffs put on her she fell down in a drunken stupor. She filed a lawsuit, but luckily the dashcam showed it was her own fault. The officer just barely put on the cuffs and didn't even have a second to react to grab hold of her and steady her. Another guy was arrested for DUI and while walking to the cell, he farted with every step he took and the deputy laughed at him and the drunk filed a suit because he was treated with disrespect. lol. And the other suit I remember was a guy and his son had been shooting guns inside the city limits and a call was made for police to put a stop to it. So the cops, unsure of the guys who were shooting, approached with their handguns drawn. The perps filed suit that they were discriminated against because they were black, never mind they had loaded guns in their hands. lol. suit tossed out as it should be.

But from what I read about in other communities about rogue cops, there should be, in my opinion, no mercy granted to the bad cops. Fire them, no benefits, no back pay, whatever, and if the charges warrant it, placed in general population for an appropriate time.

Macing a bunny? WTF? What else does this guy do? Gone, fired. Failure to uphold basic standards of decency and humanity.

The n**** comments? Gone. Fired. Bye bye. You failed the test of tolerance for all people and any further actions and arrests by you are suspect. So are past actions and arrests.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Macing a harmless bunny? WTF? This guy deserves to be in is own jail. Maybe if there are complaints of cruelty to prisoners while he is on duty it might not be that far from the truth. Tough guy hitting a defeneless bunny rabbit. Why is it he can still even be a cop on probation? If someone on probation applied for a LEO job they would be laughed away. I'll bet he has no problem/sympathy for the law breakers he i charged with so why should we have any sympathy for him?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think these people were sick before they even became police officers.

Who the heck with a fully functioning brain would enjoy putting their life on the line to fight gangs and walk around with pads and pens, drowning themselves in all that is bad in an inner city??

Police work in these hellish cities is reduced to being taken up by the people who aren't smart enough to get a better paid paid job doing something less risky.

"Pay peanuts, and you get an monkey"

Either that, it is just individuals who enjoy power tripping. Spraying mace on bunnies, commanding dogs to attack....

Their daily job is just one big power trip that suits people who enjoy that power trip.

Hell if you don't enjoy it, it would be the worst job ever.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
But was the officer provoked? Was it self-defence? The bunny may have tried to mount his leg the way dogs sometimes do - you know what rabbits are like.

If you were being molested by a sex-crazed Angora and happened to have a can of mace in your hand, wouldn't you use it?

In Australia, this man would be feted as a hero.

new topics

top topics

join