It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Traces of Alien Influence on Mankind

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think the Mayans might have had some alien influence too. There was a thread a while back about Mayan rock statues that looked like aliens.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by badkarma90
If ancient alien visitors were real (and I do think they were), then what are they waiting for to make contact with us again?

Since the beginning of 09, I've seen 2 ufos floating over the same mountains. Never having seen them before, I find it strange that all of a sudden I'm seeing them so 'curious'.

I can't think of anything they'd be waiting patiently for other than a nwo, and once that system is in place, theyd show us how to take full advantage of all it has to offer (peace, prosperity, etc.), thus erasing the power struggle that has plagued humanity for so long.

any thoughts?

its like cattle farming, put some people on a planet for a long time, come back and harvest the meat... then go on to the next planet havest meat, etc...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Indeed, these are interesting finds.

Although, to disagree with another post....I do NOT see this as in paintings of "marie" (I think the poster meant 'Mary') and Jesus.

Inevitably, there will be a fringe element to attempt to converge these ancient emblems, and likely truly worthy attempts to convey what they observed, by using their art and expression of the time, to some sort of modern 'interpretation'.

Whether it be a 'religious' interpretation, or a 'technological' interpretation....it must still be interpreted, as we best can, without bias, and with an understanding of the peoples' culture.....

Unfortunately the archeological interpretation is biased due to the belief that there is no such thing as aliens. So immediately anything that looks like an alien is re-interpreted as anything but. This then forces the secondary conclusions that all human achievement is purely human with some very necessary wacky ideas on how they did it !

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I will not answer on this thread a post from a different thread directed to a different member.

But I can answer you that imagination has been seen in all human creations, both in objects of everyday use as in artistic creation.

Using hypothetical aliens (or any other unknown thing) as an explanation for things we do not know is just masking our ignorance with a fake knowledge.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Ive been meaning to start my own post about that, I like how they have circles around behind their heads, the same way Jesus is always depicted. And the same way I have seen Buddha, Mohammed, Moses, angels, etc depicted as well! Strange coincidence...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well, the loosest one, I would say, is the one of 4 human figures with stretched out arms below a circular object with rays of light coming out...probably the sun.

In the others, who am I to say? It could be we have fanciful imaginations and back then, if you weren't hunting, having sex or laying around, you must have been contemplating reality and the creatures around us...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I agree with you, to a certain degree.

Everything we have created...is based upon matter we have already witnessed. The imagination cannot imagine something that does not exist. What I'm saying is, mind creates matter, but matter also creates mind. Try a little experiement. Think of a creature that does not exist and that you have never seen before. Now, draw it. Can you draw it without placing anything that you currently know of in it? Can you perceive or imagine a protective coating over the body that you have not ever encountered? i.e, something that is not like skin, scales, feathers, fur, rocky, gelatin-like or metallic and shiny...You can't. Because, that is all you know.

A man may create, in his mind, a genetic merging of a duck and lion, because ducks and lions exist. The active man may try to actually achieve this, because it is something there for his mind to comprehend. People can say..."Water is falling from the sky. How cool would it be for chicken to fall out of the sky?". That's an idea, brought on by matter that does exist. So yes, man can draw aliens without seeing them, but, in someway, what we create has already existed, in some form. I'm not saying alien beings must have existed for primitive man to get the idea of them. I'm saying...some of the ideas are too much alike to our ideas.

If the current portrayal of alien life is solely created from our minds; then we used what we know to create it. That is, planes, speed, frisbees, reptiles, and even ourselves. So, you see where I'm going? We base ideas off of matter. Primitive man may have done so too. Maybe, they said to themselves..."What would happen if the Sun god came to us in a bronze rock from out the sky, like the rain would fallout of the sky?" And maybe he decided to draw that. And came up with an alien looking being. That's very possible, like you said.

The problem I have with that is...why do so many of these saucers & beings drawn, resemble saucers & beings modern man would draw? If, at different times, we had different things to influence our imagination? And, why in the world are all these representations of alien life so similar across continents, nations, countries, islands...and most importantly, time lines?

That has to mean something right? I'm not saying this proves alien life has been visiting us. I'm saying, it proves that 1: We possible have a very false understanding of how the imagination works. And or, 2: Maybe, just maybe what they drew thousands of years ago, may be based on something closer to what they have seen, opposed to what they have imagined.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by sdrawkcabII]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Actually it was much earlier than that, that the earth was found to be round. I'll let the great Carl Sagan explain it to you.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have often thought that somewhere along the way that maybe, just maybe that the god(s) we worship were from another planet in the universe.

I think that if this was the case that maybe Adam and eve were in the garden of eden and it was an alien experiment.

Maybe parts of the bible are to be believed but in a very different context of what is being preached now.

There are so many questions and so few answers though.

Infact the more we learn the less we realize we know !

[edit on 2-4-2009 by colec156]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm really not sure if they influenced us or seeded us to be honest. But I really do think they have been here before. There is just too much evidence in the civilizations of the past. Was it god they spoke to, a man in a rocket ship, a time traveler???? But the debate is on.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I am a very unimaginative person, so I am sure I could not imagine any unique animal without parts from known animals, and even if I did, my drawing skills are limited to technical drawing.

But even if I did a drawing of an unique animal without any parts from other animals, other people would look at it and would look for similarities with other animals.

Think of the platypus, when we look at one of those strange animals we "dissect" it in several know parts: beak and feet like a duck, tail and body like a beaver, etc., so I think even if someone draws a unique object, other people will try to find pieces of know objects to keep it understandable.

And that happens even more with objects, because they are supposed to have a purpose, so they probably have something in common with other objects that were made for a similar or for the same purpose.

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII
The problem I have with that is...why do so many of these saucers & beings drawn, resemble saucers & beings modern man would draw? If, at different times, we had different things to influence our imagination? And, why in the world are all these representations of alien life so similar across continents, nations, countries, islands...and most importantly, time lines?
That was what I was saying, they may resemble saucers and aliens because that is our way of interpreting them, like the things on the paintings that people interpret as saucers because they do not know about the religious symbols used at those times.

What we interpret as a saucer may be a manual mill, for example, without context it's much harder to know what those things were meant to be.

And if it was someone as "gifted" as myself to make drawings then it could be something completely different.

I'm saying, it proves that 1: We possible have a very false understanding of how the imagination works. And or, 2: Maybe, just maybe what they drew thousands of years ago, may be based on something closer to what they have seen, opposed to what they have imagined.
I think we do not have any understanding of how imagination works, and we do not know how the world around that people was back then, so we cannot say why they draw what they draw.

Another thing, I think that the drawings from different areas are not as much alike as that, but what I find most interesting is that regardless of the place, it looks like (as far as I know and based on what has been discovered) people started making those drawings more or less in the same era, for example, the older drawings from Australia are X years old and the oldest drawings from Europe are also X years old, and before that those areas were already inhabited, but apparently people did not made drawings.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Indeed, these are interesting finds.

Although, to disagree with another post....I do NOT see this as in paintings of "marie" (I think the poster meant 'Mary') and Jesus.

Inevitably, there will be a fringe element to attempt to converge these ancient emblems, and likely truly worthy attempts to convey what they observed, by using their art and expression of the time, to some sort of modern 'interpretation'.

Whether it be a 'religious' interpretation, or a 'technological' interpretation....it must still be interpreted, as we best can, without bias, and with an understanding of the peoples' culture.....

Unfortunately the archeological interpretation is biased due to the belief that there is no such thing as aliens. So immediately anything that looks like an alien is re-interpreted as anything but. This then forces the secondary conclusions that all human achievement is purely human with some very necessary wacky ideas on how they did it !

Very good point.

It's exactly what I was saying earlier. They start with a narrative on how the universe should be explained and then no matter what they find, they will try to fit it into a narrative that excludes anything that they don't fully understand when it comes to ufology or the paranormal.

The universe has to fit into a box that fits their interpretation of reality. So, it's truly not seeking the truth, it's seeking a story that fits your narrative.

This is because they start with the priori that extra-terrestrials or extra-dimensional beings can't or don't exist and they want the universe to fit into the box that agrees with this belief.

I actually think Occam's Razor points to life in the universe.

They can't explain the origin of life but we are just supposed to accept that life started on earth 4.5 billion years ago and we have to reduce life in our universe to a box that begins and ends with earth.

We could be the extra-terrestrials through panspermia or directed panspermia. They found liquid water on Mars and signs of microbial life. We don't know what constitutes 96% of the universe. Physicist talk in terms of parallel universes, braneworlds, extra-dimensions, holographic principle and the universe is a quantum computer, yet extraterrestrial or extra-dimensional beings are excluded as an explanation for these things?

That makes no sense. You say on one hand your seeking the truth but the evidence that may lead to the truth you explain away with these convoluted explanations and if you can't explain it then you leave it unexplained.

How can anyone find the truth this way?

So of course these things can be evidence that points to extra-dimensional beings or extra-terrestrial beings visiting earth.

I say that it's most likely the case because nobody has been able to explain why life in the universe has to be reduced to a box that started on earth 4.5 billion years ago. Especially in a universe that's 13.7 billion years old and may be a universe that's connected to an infinite number of universes.

People just assume these artifacts have to be just imagination or that the stories where they talk about flying machines have to be myths, why?

How else would the ancients talk about these things? They wouldn't give a dissertation on quantum mechanics.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
To answer this old question of "If they were here thousands of years ago, then why won't they make contact today"
Answer : Look at all the countries in the world and count how many have military presense.
Now with that number, count how many have the power and certainty of shooting down aything that is violating their air space?
With that said, we have documented proof of Military hostile action against these crafts of unknown origin.
back then it would have been easier fo them to land and share their old knowledge to the natives. Not anti-gravity techonology but structural engineering.
Some of the arguments made by debunkers and skeptics is that they think that if a civilization so far ahead can travel light years to reach earth why didn't they leave behind, a "cell phone","engine"
This statement is by far the most laughable ufologist agree on.
Why would they? Back then, they had, levers wheels etc, NOT machines that work by themselves, yet alone electricity to power them.
And If a civilzation so far can travel light years to reach earth, it would mean they are pretty far ahead in time than us.
So with that said, todays theoretical science maybe possible in a thousand years or even less.
Ancient Aliens, YES

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted already (I haven't read the WHOLE thread), but Erich Von Daniken probably wrote the definitive work on this about 30 years ago. I read the books, "Chariots of the Gods?" and "In Search of Ancient Astronauts", both very good books, but over the years, a lot of his research has been associated with fraud, some of which he admitted to.

See link

Which, in my opinion is a shame, because it clouds the issue. Many of the pics in the OP were in Von Daniken's work.

No one may care what I think, but if you ask me, I will tell you.

OK, I'll tell you anyway. I think the possibility of extraterrestrial life is possible, and even probable. Have they paid us a visit or two? Again, possible, but because of vast distances involved (assuming all other things being equal), probability gets greatly diminished. Unless, of course, worm holes, star gates, parallel universes, nth dimensions, et al, are real, and then anything is possible/probable.

Bottom line? Heck if I know, but it does make for interesting reading.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here's what the ancients saw when they looked up VENUS and on the horizon they saw SWAPGASSSS and if they got really lucky they saw FLAIRS.And thats it plain and simple your answers have been answered..........

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I hear lots of people talking about this von daniken fellow. Some might think he's crazy some might think he's right.

I don't see von daniken on tv so much anymore, wish he would get more air time.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Well brought out. Couldn't have said that better!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike.....that waa already done......in a 'Simpson's' Episode.

Actually, it was in the Tracy Ullman Show......well before the 'Simpsons' was yet to be created.

It was a short cartoon 'short'....within the the 'Tracy Ullman Show'.....

...where 'Bart' asks his Dad, 'Homer'....about the mystery of life.

Bart asks his Dad about the 'meaning of life'...

Homer, his Dad responds...."What is matter? Never mind....What is Mind? Doesn't matter..."

If noone gets this joke, then I feel for you.......

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Homer, his Dad responds...."What is matter? Never mind....What is Mind? Doesn't matter..."

Jeeez, WW! Does it matter that I don't have a mind?
I don't mind. But that's another matter!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Even the bible talks about glowing lights decending from the heavens.
are these glowing lights ufos? there were no airplanes back then.

yeah these are the fallen angels. What better way to decieve us than to pose as otherworldly visitors. Heed these words for they will come to pass. I'm not crazy I just know, and at least it's not me saying they're blood drinking reptiles lol.

THAT would be crazy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join