It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Traces of Alien Influence on Mankind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Clearly it's a giant fabriche egg

...or a giant easter egg

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In japan in 1805?

The Fabergé family were originally from France with some members of the family settling in Russia in the 19th century. The beginning of the Faberge legend came with the birth of Peter Carl Fabergé in 1846. He was educated in Germany where he also did his goldsmith apprenticeship. Faberge soon inherited his father's jewellery workshop in Russia in the 'Venice of the North' St. Petersburg. Over the following ten years he ran the business in much the same way as his contemporaries whilst also lending his expertise from time to time to the Hermitage museum. However, Fabergé next reorganised the business with his younger brother Agathon, a talented, trained jeweller and they then exhibited their work at the Pan-Russian Exhibition in Moscow. Czar Alexander III and his wife Czarina Maria were in attendance and they made purchases from the Fabergé company and subsequently Faberge became supplier to the Imperial Court. This association lead, beginning in 1884, to the most exquisite, intricate and famous of the companies work, the Fabergé Eggs.

Same Source Later in the Article

The origin of the Eggs has it's roots in Russian Orthodox culture. It was commonplace at Easter to exchange three kisses and the present of an egg. It was from this that Czar Alexander III commissioned an Easter Egg for his wife Czarina Maria from the Fabergé company and this followed on each year, the tradition being continued by his son the last of the Czar's - Nicholas II.

Source

[edit on 1-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

There's what seems to be a well referenced article here:

/c39uya

No idea if it is actually well referenced, because I don't speak Japanese, but it has the appearance of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Those aren't ufo's or aliens. Those are just drawings from people that were bored a long time ago and had quite an imagination. END OF DISCUSSION

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i got to go through the 1st post ..but one thing i can state is that the lolladorf plate is a hoax by daniken!! he even confessed to it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

So your telling me that ancient cultures all over the world just imagined flying saucers????? They just called out in unison, I'm bored today so I am going to just make up a flying disc that I in fact have never heard of or seen any such thing before.... all over the world..... even in cultures that had no communications with each other.. Wow your reaching there man....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Mis-post please delete

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If ancient alien visitors were real (and I do think they were), then what are they waiting for to make contact with us again?

Since the beginning of 09, I've seen 2 ufos floating over the same mountains. Never having seen them before, I find it strange that all of a sudden I'm seeing them so 'curious'.

I can't think of anything they'd be waiting patiently for other than a nwo, and once that system is in place, theyd show us how to take full advantage of all it has to offer (peace, prosperity, etc.), thus erasing the power struggle that has plagued humanity for so long.

any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
dont get into it, some just come here to spread missinfo and derail the post...

If you cant buy it at McDonalds, It aint real...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

"Cultural interpretation" has always been brought up to dampen belief in these artifacts. But I have yet to see presented any evidence that these artifacts are being misinterpreted. I have read translations of ancient Egyptian stories and poems, and it is amazing how those ancient peoples thought and acted like contemporary humans. Allegory is allegory and is not hard to distinguish from the literal whether ancient or modern. As humans we have the same thought processes only the technology is different.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Even the bible talks about glowing lights decending from the heavens.
are these glowing lights ufos? there were no airplanes back then.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There's one thing to consider in all of this that may or may not break this whole "ancient alien contact" thing wide open:

Has anyone ever thought to consider that MAYBE ancient people used their imaginations in the same way we do today and wrote on cave walls, carved statues, carved images, etc. the same way we make toys and books and films about the same kind of things?

We have plastic toy figures of transformers, aliens, ufos, starships, monsters, etc. If one day mankind were extinct and alien archaeologists were to excavate our world, might they conclude that we were visited by transforming robots? Or that our planet was destroyed by aliens depicted in any of the number of Hollywood movies?

Why could this not be along the same lines for ancient peoples?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In this thread I earlier posted a link to these photos about the origins of the meme or idea of ET life.

I am trying to put together a timeline of the origins of the idea of ET life in human history.

There are three main categories of the meme:
(1) philosophical origins - involving cosmic pluralism
(2) religious origins - involving angels and heavens
(3) empirical evidence - involving actual sightings

If you can add to the timeline, please provide an approximate date and source of material, plus brief description, and category 1, 2, or 3. If you can add it at that other thread, that would be great.

I will compile the timeline.

Thanks

[edit on 1-4-2009 by greenorbs]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
After all a painter just can't paint something that he has never seen or heard of.
Sure, everybody knows that painters can only paint what they see, writers can only write about what they see, etc.

H. G. Wells really saw the Martians land in England, after all, if he described them then he must have seen them, right.

The only problem with this idea of ancient alien influence is that what we see is the result of today's theories about alien existence influence on what people think about what other people had in mind.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The source for the pre-Columbian aircraft story is Ivan Sanderson, the person largely responsible for Bermuda Triangle stories. Here's the Wikipedia page, and a sort of defence of him by a friend here. Here's a review of the book where he talks about the 'aircraft'. I think he was wrong. I think they're highly stylized, ornamental fish. Ornamental versions of animals like this flying fish:

www.traveladventures.org...

I don't think ancient depictions of animals are always accurate, the following:

www.traveladventures.org...

Is a bird. If they can stylize a bird to that degree, they probably did with other animals.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm not at all saying that I disbelieve the notion of alien intervention in human civilization(past or present), but nothing in the op's post gives even a hint of such possibilities. Perhaps I am going against the grain here as I did not read the full thread, but what would make someone believe they are seeing space men, flying saucers and aliens when they could simply be statues of formulated 'gods', ritual headdress or lunar representations?

I've always believed that any, ANY earthly explaination is more logical and probable than an outer-worldly one. And given the "evidence" shown in the op's post, I see NOTHING that even comes close to the possibility of something being better explained as outer-worldly than the more logical, earthly explaination(s) available.

Again, I'm not saying I disbelieve the notion, but if all we have are some lizzard/human statues and odd looking carvings of 'dressed' humanoids, I fail to see the leap necessary to even remotely start to think "aliens". Oh, and I know there is better "evidence" out there, but nothing that I've seen to make the leap to FACT plausable.

Thanks, Ron.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by HomeBrew]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by mikesingh
After all a painter just can't paint something that he has never seen or heard of.
Sure, everybody knows that painters can only paint what they see, writers can only write about what they see, etc.

H. G. Wells really saw the Martians land in England, after all, if he described them then he must have seen them, right.

The only problem with this idea of ancient alien influence is that what we see is the result of today's theories about alien existence influence on what people think about what other people had in mind.

Of course we all know that HG Wells was an alien himself. He came here to warn us of our impending doom. This must be true, because I read it on some whackjobs website.

Ok so Mike you are saying that you have to be able to see something to paint it. Well then, how does new stuff get invented? Someone has to imagine it, and describe it, and draw it before they can make it.

Its usually the artists and writers that come up with ideas. Then an engineer usually sees the pic or reads the book and says wow that would be cool if that was real. Then he works to invent it.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

[edit on 1-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hope everyone here knows that Erich von Däniken has extensive books with photographs on all of this and much much more!

Check him out. You'll be amazed.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by enir nabu

Looks like EVonD was a thief and a liar. Check this out. You will be amazed

Wikipedia

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join