It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange About the Medal of Honor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
When people draw a star, they draw it with one point up, and two points down. I've yet to see someone draw a star the other way. Go ahead, ask the next 5 people you talk to, to draw a star.

An upside down star *IS* used by Satanists to denote the head of Baphomet. A coincidence here or there is normal; however, when you start actually looking, and seeing all these "coincidences", they cease to be "coincidences" and become "planned".

You think it was by accident that the military started building the Pentagon (another figure that is often used in esoteric and ritualistic gatherings) on September 11?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The upside down star makes sense with the design of the Medal. It was originally designed for the US Navy, and had an anchor above the star, it just makes sense to have the star hanging upside down. It would be a very odd looking medal to have an anchor with the star hanging by one point below it. The way that they designed it, with the upside down star, the entire design just looks better.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
I have another thought. I only met one Medal of Honor recipient during my career in the army. I know Audie Murphy was one and deservedly so. But most Medals of Honor are given to military people who died doing extraordinary actions. I know it's an honor to receive one, but I have witnessed an action that surely deserved a Medal of Honor but the soldier only received a bronze star. Meanwhile, higher ranking individuals who did nothing heroic or even were involved in fire fights received silver stars with the additional award for heroism. WTF?

The one living Medal of Honor recipient I met was a true hero for sure, but during the time I knew him, he was given a dishonorable discharge because he came up hot on a urine test for THC. Silly ain't it? Yeah, a few weeks earlier, while on leave he smoked a joint. If ever I needed someone to back me up in a fire fight, it would have been this guy, stoned or not. He was a well-honed military machine. Heck, knowing this guy, I would have been the one backing him up from the safety of cover.

I never did see a Medal of Honor up close. I only saw this guy in his
Class A's which displayed ribbons only, not the medals. Medal of Honor winners receive extra income for the honor. I wonder if this payment stopped upon his tossing out of the army.

I'm going to google Medal of Honor and take a look at them.

S&F for this.

A medal of Honor recipient receives 75 per cent of his pay the rest of his life regardless of his discharge status.

I am hesitant to say BS to your assertion that he was given a bad discharge from the military, I just find unlikely that they would do that with a person awarded an honor that requires the wearer to be saluted by all enlisted and officers who pass him in uniform while he is wearing the ribbon or medal.
But, I also heard that there is one individual serving a life term in Alabama I believe who is a MOH recipent.
Wonder if it is the same guy.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Odd tidbits about the MOH. One man has been awarded the MOH twice. Smedley Butler.

There is or was I am not sure a man who was put in for the Medal of Honor three times for three separate actions of valor during the Korean War. For various reasons he did not even receive a Bronze Star even once.

To be considered you have to nominated by your immediate superior officer or one witnessing the act.

His were either killed before they could or injured and left the battle field never to return to the unit.

His story only recently came to light at a reunion of the unit from those who served in Korea.The survivors began talking among them and realized they all knew of his and witnessed his actions and found out he had not been awarded anything for his heroism.

Right now Steven Spielberg is collecting the information of this mans heroics and is writing a screenplay to be made in to a movie.

Because you see there was actually an underlying reason why some of this mans superiors did not want him to be awarded the MOH.

He is Jewish.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
the answer is quite simple.... we have freedom of religeon... and this is where the luciferians had no opposition to contend with... after all England is where Lucifer Reigned if you look at what the British Empire did with their global power. Maybe Hitler if he wasnt so darn evil. could have stopped Lucifer - instead Lucifer joined England and America together for some strange reason. England was the Global Power, Now we are and we are fixing to hand those over to China. like we can stop them. after all China was part of the British Empire... less you forget... England hooked almost the entire population on Opium in the 1800's it was so bad... the had a Revolution - probably the same as the one we got the British paid for it....

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hey, no worries FL.

Your preaching to the choir really mate.

I'm with you, i don't know one way or the other if there is a dark symbology attached to the MOH or any other medal.

I do agree with another poster, that yeah - of course sometimes a star is just a star.

And like you, i 100% agree that the people who have been awarded the MOH are amongst the finest of us. (Shame they either had to kill or die to be awarded it though, considering they are among our best)

Again, like you i see that there is a heavy occultist symbology all over the world, mainly in places of power.

Money is said to be power - the all seeing eye, the owl, connections with esoteric AE pyramids etc etc all on the dollar bill. Money is power. And here we have multiple symbologies in one place. And we have all, at one time or another accepted or carried a dollar, haven't we?

The Owl is an ancient esoteric symbol used throughout the ages. Representing both good and bad. Even as far back as sumeria, to represent a godess. It is also representative of evil. Most modern people have come to see the owl as connected with knowledge and wisdom.

There is a stylised owl on capitol hill.

Then of course, you have the pentagon (the military). Another place of power. The pentagon symbol (being the shape that results from the five line intersection of a pentagram, or 5 pointed 'star') is also widely used in the military. The symbology is again rife in history. Anything from good to bad. Freemasons use it, wiccans use it, and yes, the powerful elite in the US use it.

The pentagon and it's 5 circular seals is the logo on the gates of guantanamo detention camp. Five seals, five intersecting lines, five points on a pentagram. GDC is again another negative. It is yet again, a place of military power. Power and pentagrams (and by derivation pentagons) crop up a lot together don't they.
The list goes on and on.

Amd NO, i do NOT believe for a second, every owl logo, every five pointed star or pentagram, etc etc has a hidden agenda behind it's placement (got that antagonists?), merely pointing out the fact that esoteric symbology is rife in the US, and because of that, it's legitamate to want to examine other power related object that incorporate a pentagram, such as the MOH

I understand where you were coming from when you originally presented the question.
There were ALWAYS going to be those that jumped the gun, and assumed you were attacking those awarded the medal, some for reasons of lack of understanding, some because they didn't read between the lines and some because they deliberately wanted to encourage others to think that you were.

Questioning mainstream symbology, especially those that are attached to powerful organisations is always a good thing, when that same symbology, has and is being used by other, more unsavoury groups.

I'm certainly no expert or even a competent amateur in any of this symbology malarky, but facts are facts. Ancient symbology IS everywhere, for better or for worse.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, ok it would have looked weird that way. Could they not have simply moved the anchor to the center to 'even it out'? But that's not the real point though is it?

Why use a pentagram in the design in the first place?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

What do you mean "to the center"? Regardless of how the anchor was attached to the ribbon, if the star was upright it would be hanging from one point.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Masonry is everywhere, government, religion, schools, military. Albert Pike stated that lucifarianism is the core of it in his memoirs. My dad served in vietnam and has a board full of honors. And has been offered into the masonic order which is an honor. Yet where I get disgusted is the secrets and lies. Im a sinner. Im a partier. I understand the drive and plight of individual liberty with responsibility. The baphomet and satan are to me, stars. God, Lucifer, satan, jesus are representions of the movements, but these creatures are also real. I believe in a God, yet im confused admittedly by it all. But making as much sense as I can from my perspective. I think that its all about thinking, how you think. The 5 pointed star inverted on your forhead or hand, allows the spirit world entrance into the living. Even if you look at the image you have opened your stargate or brain door for IONS to carry these souls energy.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by spikey

What do you mean "to the center"? Regardless of how the anchor was attached to the ribbon, if the star was upright it would be hanging from one point.

Could it not of been attached from the two points (which it is anyway) the right way up, and designed around that fact?

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice as medals go, quite attractive actually, but i would have thought an inverted pentagram was courting controversy, when it coul deasilly have been designed the other way up.

Incidentally, the original MOH medals for the different services, did not incorporate a pentagram at all. They all had an inverted five pointed star granted, but the angles of the sides did not result in a true pentagram, more like five pyramids around a circle instead.

Perhaps people of the civil war period were more apt to take issue with actual inverted pentagrams rather than pyramids?

The design issues aside, it still doesn't explain why it was changed in the 20th century to an actual pentagram.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

What about an inverted pentagram symbol worn over the chest or heart?

What does that do in the craft? (genuine question)

Is there particular significance to this placement in Wicca or in Satanism for example (please Wiccans, i know there's a big difference between yourselves and Satanists)

spikey.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

With the original design, if they had hung the star right side up, then it would have been about half again as long, and would have hung down almost to their waist. The other thing to look at with the original design is that the anchor lays perfectly between an upside down star. They took their time designing it, and wanted it to look nice, and hanging down as far as it would have with the star being right side up wasn't asthetically pleasing.

As for the design change, they changed it in 1904 because of too many ambiguities in the law regarding the awarding of the Medal. Since they were changing the laes, they decided to change the design too. The new design was from Major General George Gillespie.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So its a "He Who Cheats Satan" medal ... cool ...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It wouldn't be very practical to design it with the "head" of the star up.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Checkout the owl on Minerva's helmet.

Army Congressional Medal of Honor

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
The Medal of Honor is the most beautiful decoration I've ever seen.

And since it's design was long ago, I seriously doubt it has any sinister meaning.

Certainly not a sinister purpose.

If it has a sinister meaning now, why they still didn't change it??

Let me give you an example. Swasikas used to be a sign of good luck, pre-Nazis, post-Nazi, nobody wants to use or be associated with the symbol anymore :/

Here's more, when I watched the laser show in Stone Mountain last year, they also flashed an inverted pentagram, rather briefly...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join