It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I be worried about Conficker??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I ran some updates, and apparently I don't have it.

But alot of the breaking news stories on tonight were saying its the worst thing ever. Websites are saying its not real its fake.

So of course im so 000000 confused!

I hear people say in other site boards, that they have no idea what the virus plans to do next, and that it probably won't do anything but send out a simple ad for a gambling site.

But i've heard talk like that before 9/11, we might have a terrorist attack, and everyone was like oh no it can't happen, we are not for sure. Even if it was an inside job, it was awful.

So should I be worried?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm worried enough to take precautions.

Can you open the following anti virus sites?

usa.kaspersky.com...

www.symantec.com...

If you can't you are probably infected.

I think Microsoft has a security patch.

Here is Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool:

support.microsoft.com...

And more info:

www.switched.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok, I could open them with ease.

I've updated my computer constantly, checked for viruses, rebooted a few times.

Even if it is nothing, I don't want to be careless about it.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm running microsofts Malicious Software Removal Tool right now. It can remove conflicker and many others.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Just a little heads up for the mac community.

Even though OS X is immune to "conficker" it is still a good idea to update and run a virus check.

The reason is that even though it doesn't affect OS X it can still be passed along from a mac to a windows pc. So more out of courtesy than anything it's good to remove it if it happens to be in your mac.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Also here is the MS patch for conflicker:

www.microsoft.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well earlier today I went and changed my clock and date, so for my computer its march 1 09. If that'll even do anything,

Whether its something big or not, it's the unknown, that kills me.

sbj

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I'm running microsofts Malicious Software Removal Tool right now. It can remove conflicker and many others.

The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool is a surprisingly strong piece of software. I have been a big fan of it since I got a particularly nasty bit of spyware on my system that lingered even after a fresh Win install. It should run itself once a month after MS updates it, but I recommend running it anytime you even THINK there is something wrong.

And I say surprisingly strong because it works great, and Micro$oft doesn't charge you for it lol.

sbj

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Well earlier today I went and changed my clock and date, so for my computer its march 1 09. If that'll even do anything,

Whether its something big or not, it's the unknown, that kills me.

LOL....

Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but no. That won't do anything. The worm is very well written, and its not that dumb. Just be safe, and take the time to cleanse your system. Sure, it may do nothing, but do you really want to take that chance?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well man, it was worth a try. HAHA.

My expectations were very low for that!

So far im not infected. But 10mil are, but there are 300 mil people on earth so relatively low. Considering most are in Asia.

new topics

top topics

join