It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senioritis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
For anyone who doesn't know what Senioritis is, I'll give you a definition:

noun. A crippling disease that strikes high school seniors. Symptoms include: laziness, an over-excessive wearing of track pants, old athletic shirts, sweatpants, athletic shorts, and sweatshirts. Also features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude. The only known cure is a phenomenon known as Graduation

I have an extreme case of Senioritis. As a freshman in high school i got straight A's, more or less. Now, as a senior, I'm strugling to even pass a few subjects. At least with calculus, there's a reason to be doing bad, but I'd be doing better if I did my homework. Another teacher gives full credit on everything, even if you turn it in late. I have a D in the class...tell you anything?

I need a cure for Senioritis, fast. I'm going to college next year for engineering, and being lazy won't get me very far. Hopefully I'm better by then, but for now I just don't want to do anything.

Help me, please!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i had the same thing. this helped me a lot.

show your parents your grades every day after school and they will make it all better!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Two questions.

Do you have all your credits for graduation?

Are you already accepted to college?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I have been accepted to college but no I still need this semester's religion, english, and math credits to graduate

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you think Senioritis is bad......Yeah, you're going to do great at university! Beautiful older sophisticated women, lots of parties, drinking before class among other things. A group of friends that try and out do each other with crazyass stunts.

Freshman year take as few classes as you can get away with and have them in the afternoon. Get all the **** out of your system early then become a serious academic and don't be a casualty.

Good Luck

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by louiekid333

All I can say is this. Don't mess up like I did and drop out. You gotta keep on top of it, as hard as it seems. That piece of paper seems to make the world go round, like that other piece of paper called money. It's sick I know.
Gotta conform to society, or you'll get left behind.

Hang in there bud, 1 more year to go for ya, bust your butt, stay after school and study or do home work or both. There will be plenty of times to let loose in college. Good luck to ya!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Buckle down to those classes you need your credits in and do your work, extra credit, and show up...ect...

Graduation is only mere weeks way.
You can do it.

& Don't worry your teachers have Summeritis too..... I am counting down the days till summer. Ahhhh sweet freedom.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I know I need to buckle down. I'm just so done with high school. And whaa, good advice. I should get all the partying and lazyness out early, so I can be able to study hard when needed.

top topics

join