It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth population 'exceeds limits'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
First the unionization of various countries....

....Then the recent economic collapse spread worldwide

And now, a Clinton science advisor with this opinion:

news.bbc.co.uk...

The globalists are carefully playing this planet like pieces on a chessboard, waiting for checkmate.

It is now apparent that the NWO has transitioned from a skeptical conspiracy to sheer reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Earths population hasn't exceeded its limit -
The handful of people who hold the money and
make decisions based on greed - that keep the rest of us down -
has exceeded their limit.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm sure that Monsanto is working on the "cure".

They are having a little problem adjusting the formula though, it still affects NWO members as well... It hear it will be FDA approved when done

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've seen it argued that there is ample room in Australia alone to allow each and every person on this planet right now 1/4 acre of land.

It isn't that we are overpopulated, the problem here is the same problem we have with every other matter of importance.
People are stupid.

In this case, the greedy SOBs at the top are not willing to let go of their power for the betterment of the race.

It is time they go.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
I'm sure that Monsanto is working on the "cure".

They are having a little problem adjusting the formula though, it still affects NWO members as well... It hear it will be FDA approved when done

Well there IS that wonderful Organic garden at the White House -
Do you think they will let us come over and eat some of their "clean" non GMO food?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

There is ample space and ample alternative energy sources to supply this world -
But we would have to share...
What a concept.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Not chess..Monopoly.......
Kind of literal now...Britain has just traded us Iraq for maybe Pakistan....and I'm sure a few utilities thrown in...
Very scary news these days...

I'm putting 3 new Wal-Marts on Park Place!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's not a lack of resources, it's a lack of infrastructure necessary to disperse those resources to the population. What we need is better technology and policies to improve yields, improve waste management, and to improve resource distribution.

For example, our current population would be unsustainable if we still had the infrastructure which existed in time of the Roman Empire. Even the infrastructure of the 1900's would be insufficient. How tenable do you think an Amish metropolis with a population density of NYC would be?

The Earth can easily support 10x our current population... but our infrastructure cannot.

Also, famine and war is a natural consequence of resource competition. If our demand outstrips our supplies or infrastructure's capacity, then competition will become more fierce. This will ultimately lead to death and depopulation, until our numbers are cut down to a more sustainable level by our infrastructure. Some people think that this is a consequence of removing ourselves from nature, but this view is wrong. This is how nature works. Animals and plants don't seek equilibrium with their environment - they are forced into it by population checks such as competition over resources.

Society is our buffer against these brutal population checks... but it is only a buffer. We are still very much subject to the same natural system of population control. It's not a conscious or instinctual balance, it's cause and effect. When you hit a wall, the wall hits your fist back with the same amount of force as you hit it with. Same concept.

Now... humanity, with technology, can develop materials and structures which more efficiently diffuse or absorb the force the wall hits you back with, just as society and technology can diffuse or absorb some of the pressures of living within nature.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
As I reread the article, Clinton's advisor is suggesting that the population is growing at a remarkable expontentially rate. In other words, people are popping out kids like no tomorrow.

Replies to this thread have a general consensus promoting that our planet still has adequate resources to maintain the current population.

That is the CURRENT population. We have to mathematically look into the future by means of probability and statistics. I can get off subject here and go on a tangent asking why should our specie, the homo sapien, be privileged to use as much resources as we please while other 'inferior' species get the #ty end of the deal? Even though I am pro-Darwin, I never liked the whole "survival of the fittest" from an ethical perspective; but I digress.

At the current rate of child births and mortality, it is apparently very unbalanced. But one has to think with common sense: advances in the medical field and scientific studies have prolonged life expectany to never-before-seen levels in our history. It's kind of a no-brainer.

I know it will be a toughie, but I have to urge everyone to wrap it up or get snipped and/or tied. I mean, who would want to have a kid anyway, especially in these economic times?

[edit on 31-3-2009 by LactoseIntolerant]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Isn't the solution simple?

Genocide

Duh. Now we just need to chose who...

BTW, this was a joke. Don't take it literally. In no way shape or form would I condone the killing of people when its the selfish bastards that need to be gotten rid of.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

You made a very good point concerning the efficiency of resources. I honestly think we have the technology to develop much more efficient means of transport, energy, farming. But once again, as I always say, it has to do with money.

I am so sick of money. It is now virtually paper with no intrinsic value. The alternatives to provide more efficient, eco-friendly, are already here; I guaranteeo it. (Read about Tesla and J.P. Morgan) But if greedy capitalists cannot harness the alternatives to generate profit; they'll use the scarcity fear-mongering to keep us in control. So with this current system and technological advancement being plateaued for the time being, we certainly shouldn't add more fuel to the fire by popping out more babies.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsomadhatter
Not chess..Monopoly.......
Kind of literal now...Britain has just traded us Iraq for maybe Pakistan....and I'm sure a few utilities thrown in...
Very scary news these days...

I'm putting 3 new Wal-Marts on Park Place!!!!!

Hey - I want Park Place!
I'll trade you those two little really cheap purple properties that sit on the corner -
what were those called?!
Ok - and I'll throw in a railroad.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LactoseIntolerant

Without scarcity, there wouldn't be capitalism. Zeitgeist was spot-on. If we implemented alternative sources of energy/efficiency--we would eventually become communal-living hippies in accordance to the teachings of--dare I go here--Jesus! But noooo...The elitists will use all their might to stay in power. I'm just waiting for this site to be restricted for use in the upcoming months too.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
OK OK Ill handle this Problem!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
CONDOMS

Religious wackos like those funny hat wearing people say that condoms are bad. A lot of people think dispersing and better yet, not condeming the use of condoms would lower unwanted pregnancies and slow the spread of diseases that lead to more suffering. Infrastructure will only get you so far and, as we are about to see, will cease to effectively work when one or more of the parts becomes compromised. These parts include fuel cost and availability, political strife, unpredictable weather where crops are grown, higher demand for available crops.

Over population IS a problem and we will have to come to terms with it and live responsibly. You may be able to fit 30 people into your house but that doesn't mean anyone is going to be happy.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LactoseIntolerant

Noah lived to over 600, Adam to 932, Methuselah to 956, Abraham over 400 so I disagree with longevity of life NEVER BEFORE SEEN. And you can't accept Darwinism without accepting the survival of the fittest, it is integral part of the racist theory. And if evolution is correct we should kill off the inferior to make the next evolutionary jump for mankind, can' have all those inferior types messing up the gene pool. Just ask Hitler who dedicated Mein Kampf to Darwin...

Everyone on the planet can fit inside Jacksonville county Florida USA, let alone Australia.

It has nothing to do with resource delivery systems either, we pay farmers here not to grow food. There are ample resources for all to live and all that they NEED to survive...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Regarding the whole Noah, Adam, and etc. ages......not going there (well, at least not tonight).

But as for the statement that everyone can be quartered in Jacksonville or Australia (this applies for previous replies like this as well), are we actuallyliving if we're packed like a can of sardines? Think about it.

Alright, feasibly we, earth's population, could do that--but what if worst comes to worst and the planet actually came to the position where we were FORCED into being crammed up in the Outback or Florida? Talk about becoming savage beasts if you want my two cents.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Are these the same people that give just enough aid to third world countries so they live to starve another day? Are these the same people that hand out welfare checks and food stamps to people that don't work, but if they try and get a job the services are automatically canceled? Way to motivate a person to get a minimum wage job there government. Are these the same people that give government housing to crack addicts?

Genocide isn't needed. No one has the right to choose who lives or dies. That's why nature supplied us with another method. It's called natural selection. It's survival of the fittest and it's a method we've been turning our back on. Most likely because the people in power are worried they might be selected. Therefore they'd rather have control over who lives or dies.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to save everyone, but we can't do that unless we have infinite resources and land. Which we don't. However, as soon as we started taking from those who worked for what they had and giving it to people that didn't is when the problem started. People that would have naturally died in the streets are now up in the crack haven motel funded by the government popping out more children. People in third world counties get just enough aid to keep popping out more children.

So then then here the government comes along after funding this giant baby popping industry and then tells us we've got too many people? Really? Nah, that's crazy talk man!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
These people who spout this crap are like terrorist leaders...... Someone has to sacrifice but that someone isn't the loudmouth spouting out the crap... LOL

Cowards.

I say we find all these people who want to lower the population of the planet through draconian means and let THEM "show us the way" by starting with themselves and their families......

SHOCK, won't happen... of course they are "to important" to the human race to off themselves....

Cowards and Liars.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by louiekid333
Isn't the solution simple?

Genocide

Duh. Now we just need to chose who...

BTW, this was a joke. Don't take it literally. In no way shape or form would I condone the killing of people when its the selfish bastards that need to be gotten rid of.

Unfortunatly, your joke... In my mind anyways... supports what this earth really needs! Not exactly getting rid of any exact culture or race of people... But as a whole we need to drop a good 4-5 billion people!

Something needs to happen that decreases our numbers to a very sustainable number. Unfortunatly, being the domininant species... this would have to repeat itself numerous times over the course of mankind.

Either natural or manmade, something needs to ... and will happen to controll our numbers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join