It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Two Nuclear Warheads for Missile, Kyodo Reports

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

North Korea Has Two Nuclear Warheads for Missile, Kyodo Reports

www.bloomberg.com

North Korea has two nuclear warheads it can load on its mid-range Rodong missile, Japan’s Kyodo News reported, citing an analyst at the International Crisis Group, a non-government organization.

The warheads were built using plutonium extracted from North Korea’s Yongbyon nuclear plant, Kyodo reported, citing Daniel Pinkston, who said he got the information from a government official without divulging which country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
omg WW3 is coming in April 4th to 8th..

They shoot the missle...
We shoot it down.....
They gonna launch there nuke's maybe.

OMG OMG OMG

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-3-2009 by TheAmused]

[edit on 31-3-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Well that's highly unlikely.

I don't believe they have Nuclear arms, they would have threatened to use them ages ago.

Although they did do that "supposed" underground test a few years back. I wouln't worry about it, NK will put up a stint if they shoot that missile down but they sure won't be launching any Nukes.

Besides we'd see on the pad long before it was launched and we'd just carpet bomb it worse case scenario.

More fear mongering ....

Deny the ignorance folks..

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

here is another link..there confirming it...
If so lord have mercy on us all lol

english.chosun.com...

Intelligence authorities in South Korea and the U.S. believe North Korea has already succeeded in manufacturing small nuclear warheads, which can be mounted on a 1,300 km-range missile, a member of a private think thank claimed Tuesday. North Korea maintains Rodong missile bases in North Pyongan Province, Jakang Province and Yangkang Province.

Intel has come back..they have nuke's.....

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The fact that they have the capability does not necessarily mean that they will use them.

We saw this missile test coming for about a month and a half now, as soon as they brought the missile system from storage to the launch platform. Therefore, I don't think a nuclear-tipped missile would be allowed to leave the launch pad.

Not that I think this current missile has nuclear capability, but, N. Korea would not be foolish enough to escalate to such a degree, nor would Japan, China, S. Korea, and the United States allow another missile to launch.

This is a posturing test by Pyongyang of the Obama administration and the Japanese resolve. Currently, they have some international insulation from China, if they escalate past a missile test, they will be alone.

As long as cooler heads prevail, I'm thinking that this missile will have the same "technical problems" that brought the last one down a few years back.

Then again, there are always variables.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Very Interesting timing with the G20 Summit.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It is known that North Korea has nuclear weapons. It is a question of which country has the right to respond. Now, I can understand Japan's stance: Simply put, don't fire off crap over or towards our country; there are perfectly good vectors for firing your whackamole rockets that aren't in our direction. If you disregard this warning, we WILL shoot it down. Again and again, if necessary. Fine. I don't blame them.

Should North Korea elect to fire off their whackamole rockets in the U.S's direction, I suspect that they will in turn, knock 'em down. Here we get into a more broad-based definition of "direction". It's more a question of what altitude does a country construe it's airspace to be? Is passing 62.5 miles over the U.S. acceptible? Who knows?

Personally, I think it'd be a colossal mistake on N.K.'s part to push the envelope with Japan. They have clearly and openly stated their parameters. It's like drawing a line. You cross it, you do so with full knowledge of the consequences.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't think they really have any nukes, and if they do it's maybe....one little one. Yeah Japan might get a bad hit but you know what kind of repercussions that would cause? Unless they're as crazy as so many people on this forum think they are.... which I hope they're not... none of that will happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

Well said. I think you accurately encapsulate the situation and the peripheral players.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

It doesn't really matter what Japan thinks because they have no standing army. They can't attack NK even if NK did Nuke them.

All they can do is shoot that thing out of the sky.

I think we are sensationalizing this story with all the fear the media is reporting. I doubt this will ammount to much of anything.

In these situations cooler heards usually prevail. Not even the NWO wants a nuke to go off.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

apologize for the edit.

By the way, was i not supposed to post this.hehe..Ian you will laugh about this tomorrow.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by tristar]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I agree. I think (and hope) it is more newswhoring for ratings, however Japan has serious armament and ordinance. I really don't think they need a sizeable army to spank North Korea, should Kim choose to roll the dice. I think we're in a new age, where nuclear disputes are settled a bit more immediately than ever before.

I don't like it any more than you do.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Another discussion on this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Or do they.....hmmmm

DO DO DO.....

if we had the nwo figured out by now..We would have known the financial crisis was planed 9/11 all of that stuff lol

So apparently they do exactly the opposite of what we think they may do.

Scooby doo's cousin Scooby DUM use to go...DUM DUM DUM..

I guess we wait and see all we can do.
right lol

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Japan could have a million nukes, 3 million tanks and 8 million planes, it would not matter folks.

They can only use their armed forces within their own territory, for another I think 40 years. After WWII they were given 100 years of no standing army, no wars, no nothing. It was part of the disarment agreement and the end of the war.

Like I said, they can't do anything, it's kinda sad. Unless NK attacks them in their own territory then it's all fair, but only on their territory.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If that were to happen (where NK attacks Japan's territory) I think someone...probably the US.... sadly.. will step in. That or Japan would disregard the disarmament and attack NK, simply because NK is launching a missle that was banned? Supposedly, I'd have to find a source for that part.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Their own territory [Japan's] is the only place Japan can be attacked. That's not to say they are confined to fighting only on their own territory, once attacked.

Like you, I hope that cooler minds are at work on this event, and I feel confident that Japan doesn't wish for a nuclear exchange. I just feel that Kim has nothing to loose. He reminds me of cartoon bad guys. Perhaps I'm being unfair to North Korea's leader. I hope so.

BTW, I've had many occasion to appreciate the solidity and fairness of your posts. Have enjoyed the exchange. Have to skedaddle now.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yeah I agree, I don't know wether they can attack another nation once war has been declared, I would think so, since not retalliating would be a little stupid.

Can't just let another nation waltz in un-challenged now can we? Especially not these crazy North Korean's, or their leader I should say. I figure Kim's been dead for years though, and his sons or generals are running the show now.

But that's all just speculation.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If NK did throw a nuke the biggest bang for the buck would be an EMP. They could do it to SK or Japan pretty easy. Making it to the US however would require a ballistic missile capable of reaching low earth orbit so it could drop back in over its target. A 'satellite' capable missile would be a good start, like the one Iran used to put up its first satellite. Course there is an Iranian team there to help with this launch.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Better do some research. Japan recently changed that part of their constitution.

They are rearming now, and are getting ready.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join