It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual amount of Military Activity in the skies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've noticed increased activity of a different kind in the night skies. ANYONE else notice increased U.F.O. activity? ANYONE??? Am I crazy? Don't "human" built machines lights "blink"? Then what of the solid lights? Why so many recently? And has anyone else seen them flying formations? Bright, then just gone? few seconds exposed, couldn't be more. ANYONE??? I live in california, and if what I've seen matches my beliefs, then "our little friends" have been very busy this year.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
world wather if it wasnt one of those 2 im stumped but i think lockheed made a prototype of a spyplane kinda hammerhead like so maybe they r still testing it even though i doubt it and NASA made one like that for hypersonic research so maybe it was another reseach jet like that. next time u see it take a pic and post it u did say it flies in every so often

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
where i live, ive also been seeing a lot of military activity and jets and things like that. just the other day, i was driving on a highway, and noticed a military helicopter going south west, and it was a funny lookin helicopter tho, i think it might of been a tomahawk, but im not sure, im not into the military thing.. but the feds are after me tho..

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I found a reason for the increase in military planes flying overhead, the Fort Lauderdale Air and Sea show is next weekend.....no wonder i keep seeing military planes, they are coming in for the show

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow. Seems Im not the only one then?

In response to an earlier question, I have seen "UFO" type lights, from lights int eh sky that dont make the common engine noise aircraft do. But given the sudden increase in military traffic, well, I will pretty much conclude that those lights are military planes and not UFOs.

I have a friend in Russia who has noticed alot of military activity in Russia as well. Perhaps with the up coming European Union entry of eastern Europe, Russia is getting a bitr more hostile, and we are also preparing for possible tensions as well?

I still take my nightly walks, still making note of planes and thier directions, and number. The military planes here are starting to outnumber the civilian ones.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I live in central Maryland and I have noticed ALOT !!!! of military flights durning the day and night....everything from those big fat slow moving plans (the ones that troops jump out of) to helicopters of all kinds........even working near DC and Andrews AFB, its still alot more flights then normal. Whats the reason for all this??.....anyone know??

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've noticed an increase in flights as well. The other day I went out to see what has been causing all this air traffic noise and I saw a bunch of civilian planes.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Either I should have complained on ATS sooner or they have wrapped up whatever has been going on since mid-March. Exactly one helicopter has overflown my place since Thursday. I may be rejoicing too soon, though, since our weather has been pretty inclimate for the last few days. If they come back with a vengance next week, you'll be the second to know. (my wife will, of course, hear my gripes first!)

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobydooydooo
I live in central Maryland and I have noticed ALOT !!!! of military flights durning the day and night....everything from those big fat slow moving plans (the ones that troops jump out of) to helicopters of all kinds........even working near DC and Andrews AFB, its still alot more flights then normal. Whats the reason for all this??.....anyone know??

Thats what were trying to figure out.

No new terror threats or alerts. Andrews is home of Airforce 1. Maybe a terror alert they havent publicized yet?

Activity dropped for a week, now its picking up with a vengance again. Have also notcied a few more chemtrails in the sky.

Interestingly, today is the day a bunch of Eastern European nations join the EU, thus putting NATO on Russia's doorstep. Perhaps thats why? Russia has been flying and felxing military muscles as well.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just this Saturday morning, 3 FULLY LOADED fighters (not sure what kind, I'm no expert) flew overhead as I was out for a simple walk with my family. And I live in SE Wisconsin...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well Im new to ATS and this is my first post. Anyways, recent military activity here Oregon has me concerned. (my reason for finnally posting) ok, to the point...
I was working this afternoon while I heard a deep rumbling, so I walked outside to see three helicopters flying pretty low over the me. They had 2 sets of blades,a opening bay in the back and looked exactly like a chinook helicopter. This reminded me that 1 week prioir on the way to Wilsonville we passed a whole convoy of hummvee's, semi-trucks with camo covering, and military trucks. From now on Im packing my camera in my car!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm in LA, i dont see much # happening at all. Edwards AFB is just like 100 mi. north but they use it for testing of ne tech. so i doubt anything flies over us.

we just had a couple F-18s, but that was for a convention fly-over or something.

nothing suspicious in the LA county region

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Same here in belgium. I live in an area thats in the 20km radius of the Kleine Brogel Airforce base. Its a base thats utilized by both Belgian and US military forces. The US has a stock of nukes here and does European flights from here.

Over the last 3 or 4 days, jet and helicopter activity has been crazy. Jets flying over at 150-500 feet, helicopters usualy an hour or so later.

An other thing I've noticed that striked me very odd is that there is very high AWACS activity over the area since yesterday. AWACS are those radar planes with the disk on its top.

I haven't seen an AWAC fly over here for at least 10 years, yet now its swarming with them.

Also did I notice a heavy decrease in commercial liner flights over the area, eventhough this area has always been in the most utilized line of airliner aproach to Zaventem (Brussels Airport).

The commercial airliners that still pass are ones that are on landing approach to Oostende(belgian coast) or are flighing at high altitude for England or US destinations.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Interesting, Matrix.

I was stationed in Bitburg, Germany, for the first part of my tour there. Most of our AWACS planes had left Europe, we still had a handful, most of them flying over to the middle east.

AWACS is interesting, because I have mentioned, the Russians have also had alot of military activity in thier skies as well. Since very little coverage have we recieved on this side of the atlantic on the new EU member states, i can only imagine.

I have not been out for my nightly walks lately, but I have seen alot of Helicopters land, take off, land, take off at the local airstrip. I think they might be civilian, but Im not sure, it was dark.

Ive noticed a signifigant drop lately of civilian crop dusters and leisure flights, which is wierd, seeing how its spring, usually, we see alot more. But they have been strangely absent, with increased flights of cargo jets, fighters, and the occasional stealth bomber.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I heard, not from a reliable source i might add, that NATO regularly sends its fighters over to the States to conduct training..they get more good weather flight time and a higer operational envelope. NATO aircraft that have this Hammerhead structure are, Eurofighter, the SAAB drakken, and French Air Force Raphaell ( that could be spelt incorrectly ). I think that the structures are special aerolons that allow the aircraft tighter manovers. Making the aircraft impossible to fly without fly-by-wire technology. Course i could be wrong...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I live on the North-West coast of the UK and have noticed a lot more activity recently than ever before. I do live next to an airfield, home to RAF university training squadrons and their activity is as it always has been, if a little quieter.

Recently though, there's been a lot more activity from 'serious' planes and helicopters for example, groups of two or three Eurofighters have been patrolling the sky near my place of work, right along the coastline. Also, I've noticed a few RAF Chinooks in the area and a few RAF Hawk trainer jets, non of which are from my local RAF base. The only planes from there are usually crappy propellar training planes. There's also been an increase in private and RAF marked lear-type jets.

On saturday afternoon I was at my computer which is next to my bedroom window and I heard a loud, twin-engined, RAF marked lear-type jet fly past 6 times (or it was six seperate jets, not sure if it was circling). My initial reaction was that they were carrying people from my local base, poss evacuating it, not sure how true this is though, I'm looking into it (trying not to get arrested as a spy or terrorist).

It's strange that all this is happening when there's talk of doomsday asteroids impacting at sea causing all manner of sheet and forthcoming terrorist attacks. It's not doing anything to reassure me. Has anyone else from the UK (poss from the coast) noticed increased military air traffic. There's a lot of posts from overseas observers but not many from Brits, let me know anyhow.

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I posted before about seeing what appeared to be a stealth bomber. I seen something like ti again last night.

I live close to Wright Patterson Air Force Base, and I know what you're talking about. I've seen about 5-6 of these stealth bomber looking aircraft in the air at night, in fact, while attending a camp last year which is under their flight patterns, one of the mysterious aircraft flew overhead at a campfire of ours, and it was pretty much silent except for a low humming noise. It had one large light at the middle kinda towards the top and two smaller lights on the wingtips, and it was pretty slow moving. Another interesting thing is that it was about 20 ft above the trees, really close to the ground. I've seen these things on a nightly basis for a while, I haven't seen one recently though. Usually they "rise" out of the horizon, and when there is one there is at least two more around. They are very easy to lose track off two, I always remember watching one and when I go to find the others they are gone. That is kind of pecuiliar especially since they seem to be moving so slow. Hmm who knows though!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Funny this should come up. I have been ranting about the amount of military helicopter activity in my area lately. There are at least three military flights over the house evey day at all hours. They are usually Blackhawks, but I also see OH-58 Kiowa Warriors. The Blackhawks may be associated with the state's marijuana eradication programs; I don't know for sure. The Warriors seemed strange and had me kind of nervous ( I live near Oak Ridge National Labs and Y-12 and relatively close to Watts Bar Nuclear facility). Then I found out that the Troop Q, 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment is also based near here, so they are probably just training...

Now I know why there was such an increase in activity around here. (It had picked up again recently.) The
278th Armored Cavalry Regiment has been mobilized and is shipping off to Iraq. The orders came in last month and the unit will be fully activated by the 7th of June.

The three Cavalry Troops of each Squadron are each equipped with nine M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks, 13 M3A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicles, and two 120mm Mortar carriers. The Howitzer Battery, is equipped with six of the 155mm M109 SP Howitzers. The Tank Company is equipped with 14 M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks. Rounding out this combat power are two more M3A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicles for the Squadron Commander and his S-3

Vets plan parade to honor 278th Armored Cavalry Reg.
278th deployment hits home

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hm.thanks SPECTRE.

Deployment certainly would be a reason for more activity. Or the plan for deployment. They have been talking about sending more troops to Iraq, so......that could be it.

And then there is also Iran. Maybe a possible invasion there? Who knows? n

We also have threads reporting massive naval exercisies.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I was talking to someone who lives near Cannon AFB in New Mexico and she said that lately they have been having a lot of late night flights into and out of there.

In addition to the normal fighter jets she mentioned that she has also been hearing more droning aircraft "like the transports". My guess on that is C130s maybe?

She said that they have been flying rather low and the amount of them has been staggering.

As an interesting side note, she went to a restaurant last week and saw a group of "Chinese" pilots wearing uniforms that had red on them and Singapore badges. This is the first (and only) time that she has seen Asian pilots around there. More often there are German ones but those are usually in Holloman AFB.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join