It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual amount of Military Activity in the skies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I know others have reported seeing alot of military activity around thier areas, so, i figured, Ill post whats going on here.

Over the past two weeks, I have seen the skies at night alot mroe active than normal. Military planes, plus what i believe are civilian planes.

I posted before about seeing what appeared to be a stealth bomber. I seen something like ti again last night.

I have also noticed alot more fighters up in the skies, and the nearby airfield, which is 1/4 mile away, which is mostly cessnas, crop dusters, and other little planes, has been 5 times more active than normal.

Ive always paid note to what kind of activity goes on in the air before, so i can honestly say, there has been a very signifigant increase in Air activity. Up north in everette, my mother lives around the corner from Boeing and the Paine Field cooperate airport, and last weekend an armada of military helicopters took off from there and were flying all around, so many my mom thought the damn windows were gonna shatter. It scared the hell out of her neighbors.

Now, during the spring, Scobee Field (the one by me, here in Auburn) normally increases its activity DURING THE DAY because of the crop planting season: alot of farmers have thier crop dusters, and, during the day, theres also alot more people going on pleasure and sight seeing flights. So, in the springtime, during the day, more flight activity from the civilian airfield is pretty much normal.

What Im talking about is at night. Both military and local civilan air activity have increased, and military activity has also increased during the day.

Does anyone else living near airbases and such notice anything from increased convoys to extremely noisy and obnoxious skies at night?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Funny this should come up. I have been ranting about the amount of military helicopter activity in my area lately. There are at least three military flights over the house evey day at all hours. They are usually Blackhawks, but I also see OH-58 Kiowa Warriors. The Blackhawks may be associated with the state's marijuana eradication programs; I don't know for sure. The Warriors seemed strange and had me kind of nervous ( I live near Oak Ridge National Labs and Y-12 and relatively close to Watts Bar Nuclear facility). Then I found out that the Troop Q, 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment is also based near here, so they are probably just training. Add these to the air ambulances, Sheriff's Dept bird, and news 'copters and our sky is kind of busy!

[edit] Hah! Two Blackhawks flew over about the time I clicked "Post"!

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Several helicopters flew over my house yesterday, but I am not sure what type.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
About a week or two ago, someone had a post on here about chaff being dropped in California that was interfering with weather radar.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
anyone ever seen a jet that looks like a hammerhead shark? (sorry I can't be more technical, i'm not a military or airplane afficionado)

well this hammerhead jet keeps flying into the local airport (used for non commercial flights) at all odd hours of the night (i know cuz you hear it from far) Anywho I wanted to know if that was a military plane or a private jet?? any ideas.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think I know what youre talking about, worldwatcher.

I think actually someone posted a picture of a wierd looking jet here on ATS. I cant remeber, but it was reported to be some sort of Air Force surveilance jet or something.

Im still wondering about the stealth bomber sightings, i dont think they were stealth bombers, at least not like the ones Ive seen. Saw another one last night, who knows, If I find a picture of the plane I saw, Ill post it.

But certainly, i am wodnering about all this sudden military activity. Training missions? Anti terrorism drills? Why so much after dark civilian activity? We used to have noise ordanances that prevent civilian craft from flying during certain hours.

I am excluding police choppers from my sightings, with all the current murders and increase in crime, they are a common sight.

Im just wondering about the other stuff.

Thanks to spectre, cutwolf, and ace for sharing your sightings. can u tell em where u guys live, state or metro wise? If not, no biggie. just trying to see where most of the activity is.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm in Eastern Tennessee. Other than the helicopters I am actually seeing FEWER military flights than I used to. We have an Air National Guard base nearby and I had grown used to seeing their jets, but those must be flying fewer missions or have moved them elsewhere since the population has increased. Maybe people were complaining about the noise. If I want to see military aircraft I have to drive to Chattanooga or down to Georgia.

I looked around for a picture of the jet I thought WW might be seeing, but came up empty. There is a business/private jet with canards that might fit the bill. I cannot even remember who made it. I saw one landing when I was in FL .

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
im in ca and our flight span has increased so much in our skies its more than it ever rains. i love the rain, but i see these things like all day. once i was walking home and i saw three seperate federal planes flying above my house in a large triangle fashion, maybe the countrys just on high alert?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
the hammerhead jet is military but there is more than one like that so u gotta be more specific

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been having military helicopters flying over my area for maybe a year or so now

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
ive seen a military carrier plane. you know those big bulky propellor powered carrier planes where they use to paradrop? i saw one landing at la guardia airport (NEW YORK CITY) it seemed kind of strange because hardly see anything in NYC you can hardly even find comercial planes

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
the hammerhead jet is military but there is more than one like that so u gotta be more specific

how do i know, tell me what to look for?

the nose or front of the plane looked like a hammerhead shark. It was that shiny metal gray color and I couldn't see any markings that's why I didn't know what kind of plane it was. I tried searching on the internet but without knowing what exactly to look for, it's hard to find a pic.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
world watcher try researchin the eurofighter typhoon and the brilliant buzzard i think it may be the typhoon how many engines did it have the shiny metal leads me to the eurofighter

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
About a week or two ago, someone had a post on here about chaff being dropped in California that was interfering with weather radar.

Here's the thread:

Said by ktprktpr

"NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN FRANCISCO CA 441 PM PDT FRI APR 16 2004
NOW ... THE LONG STREAMERS OF HIGH REFLECTIVITY APPARENT ON DOPPLER RADAR ACROSS THE BAY AREA ARE BEING CAUSED BY CHAFF...SMALL PARTICLES RELEASED DURING A MILITARY EXERCISE. PLEASE DISREGARD THESE RADAR RETURNS. "

He asks the good question: "Anyone out there have a clue why there's chaffing going on in an area with three active commercial airports?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We have lots of military aircraft in the skys over Texas, too much to pay a lot of attention to it. The only thing that bothers me is when the helicopters flow low overhead. I usually notice them going south southeast then always seem to be alert when they are returning to their base.

The helicopters make a lot of noise, because they are always in a group. It's probably nothing more than training. When my husband was hospitalized at BAMC for a long period in 2002, there were always lots of reserves coming and going serving doing duty on all shifts. They don't just train on the weekends. So its nothing unusual for there to be lots of military planes in the area.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We have seen a lot more activity here in TN as well.

What was shocking to me was some weeks ago there were fighter jets flying all around the city, landing that the commercial airport and taking right back off.

After asking around and reading some local reports I was informed that what we were seeing was terrorism training.

I asked a friend who works with the TN Air National Guard and was told that it was a training drill and the goal was to shoot down a hijacked commercial Jetliner.

I think I'll just drive or take the bus now.

Gazz

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
We have seen a lot more activity here in TN as well.

What was shocking to me was some weeks ago there were fighter jets flying all around the city, landing that the commercial airport and taking right back off.

After asking around and reading some local reports I was informed that what we were seeing was terrorism training.

I asked a friend who works with the TN Air National Guard and was told that it was a training drill and the goal was to shoot down a hijacked commercial Jetliner.

I think I'll just drive or take the bus now.

Gazz

I can't remember the date (mid-March?) but when the Libyan nuclear materials were delivered to Knoxville there were fighter patrols in the air all day. Same thing happened on 9/11/2001. It actually was kind of comforting having our birds in the air.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i checked out pictures of the euro typhoon and brilliant buzzard, neither one looks like the plane I saw.

think hammerhead shark...same profile

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I saw three UFOs last night, dont know what they were. But there is definitely something going on at night, only in certain areas though.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i HONESTLY think theyre preparing for a chemical attack, if anybody has strong feedback on such u2u you me PLEASE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join