It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Analysis of SitX: Nuclear Blasts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some very interesting replies that I believe will be very helpful. Thank you all for your input, including those that--while able to joke around--still add something to the conversation. Kudos and drinks all around.

According to this source, I have compiled the following information on preventing radiation. I cannot verify the factual nature of said information, though it seems credible enough to dig around and see what's what. Note that this information is for radiation, not the initial blast. It should be obvious to anyone who knows anything about nuclear explosions that the thicknesses provided below will do precious little to withstand the forces of such an instantaneous conflagration.

Click this link to the external image to see the chart.

The author of the source information has this to say about his content:

Sources come from US Military, particularly Army, training and doctrine on surviving a nuclear detonation.

Taliesin's Muse says "ps. if you have an airtight door, you haven't mentioned air supply, or scrubbers, O2 candles etc... Also, you need an effective faraday cage to protect against EMP - sandbags pretty useless. Had some other issues with your details, but those are the main ones."

Well, the military has their soldiers bury their equipment to shield them from EMP, after removing power sources. I think I'll stick with that. Taliesin's Muse is right about the air scrubbers and so on, but this is a practical list for the everyday person, not the guide to surviving a Nuclear Attack. ps. Thanks for the typo corrections, I'm a horrible editor.

Also PS, if I miss something please let me know, as T_M did. I'm just relaying the information that I've been taught, which is the same information I give to my fellow soldiers that I live with and fight beside. They trust me with their lives in this respect, so I tend to take NBC related material very seriously, as my MOS requires.

Refer to sievert for lethal radiation doses.

Thanks to vuo and Brain for some excellent points they raised.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Flagged. Good information.

I typed some about it, but it was lost due to some strange fluctuations in my internet connection.

EDIT:
en.wikipedia.org...

Number of nukes 'believed' to be.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by dragonking76]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

Would love to see what information you've got. If you don't mind taking the time at some point.

Regards,

Sol

<< 1   >>

join