It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu to Obama: Stop Iran—Or I Will

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Dude, spellcheck and periods work wonders...try using them.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

Thats funny. How about 1948, 1967, etc... where Israel defeated Egypt, Syria, and Jordan without American military support. They did it all by themselves.

You honestly think it was by themselves!~?!??!?!?!

I don't mean the U.S helping..
I mean God Almighty.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Calling someone Anti Semite because they disagree with the policies of Israel, is like saying that if you dislike Hitler you must therefore hate all Germans. Arabs are also Semites by the way. If I do not like Palestinians, that would also make me Anti Semite. One can disagree with the policies of Israel and not be anti semite, or even anti jewish. Calling someone anti semite because they disagree with you, simply points out ones own ignorance.

Zionists often cry Anti Semite, when they feel threatened that others may see through their racist views. It only reinforces the fact that they are racist, as they do not see their Arab cousins as Semites, they see them as less than human. Israel runs Palestine under a system of racist Apartheid that Bishop Desmond Tutu, and Nelson Mandela have both stated is worse than what was abolished in South Africa. Israeli leaders now pretend to be for peace, but continue to refuse to talk about a Palestinian state, and insist that Palestinians must remain under Apartheid.

Zionists will point out that Palestinians used to set off bombs in public market places, but they fail to mention that Arabs learned that behavior from the Zionists themselves.

August 20, 1937 - June 29, 1939. During this period, the Zionists carried out a series of attacks against Arab buses, resulting in the death of 24 persons and wounding 25 others.

December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.

December 13,1947. Zionist terrorists, believed to be members of Irgun Zvai Leumi, killed 18 Arabs and wounded nearly 60 in Jerusalem, Jaffa and Lydda areas. In Jerusalem, bombs were thrown in an Arab market-place near the Damascus Gate; in Jaffa, bombs were thrown into an Arab cafe; in the Arab village of Al Abbasya, near Lydda, 12 Arabs were killed in an attack with mortars and automatic weapons.

December 19, 1947. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blowing up two houses, in the ruins of which were found the bodies of 10 Arabs, including 5 children. Haganah admitted responsibility for the attack.

December 29, 1947. Two British constables and 11 Arabs were killed and 32 Arabs injured, at the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem when Irgun members threw a bomb from a taxi.

December 30,1947. A mixed force of the Zionist Palmach and the "Carmel Brigade" attacked the village of Balad al Sheikh, killing more than 60 Arabs.

When Zionists commit terrorist attacks, it seems that it is perfectly OK. You never see the people who love to scream "Anti Semite," even mentioning all the terrorist attacks committed by Zionists. When you point it out to them, they simply ignore the issue. Should a Palestinian try and fight for his freedom from racist Apartheid, suddenly they are horrendous dogs, despite having learned terrorism from their oppressors. Prior to the Zionist movement, Palestinians and Jews were living side by side in peace as they had been for generations. Jews are not bad. Israel as a nation of people is not bad. Zionism is the root of evil in the holy land. It is the leaders of Israel that are responsible for the problems, not the Israeli civilians for the most part. Now the Israeli leaders seek aggression against Iran. The US will not be sending in any sons and daughters to die for them. Obama seeks diplomacy, and rightfully so. If Israel attacks Iran, it may set them back for a while, but it will only create a greater reason for future retribution. Attacking Iran is bad for Israel in the long run.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah, well, some of my ancestors on my mother's side did some terrible things to folks on my father's side, which includes American Indian.

But that was yesterday.

Today is today, and no one is going to turn the borders back, no one is going to back up.

It's forward.

1948-49? done.
1967? done.
1973? done.

Yesterday? done.

Israel has its borders, its nation, and it's moving forward.

Only lessons can be learned from times past. And for Israel, those lessons are to be wary as at every opportunity, they will be attacked again and again.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Star for you I personally agree through war and what we would call terrorism they earned their land just like every other country. I disagree with you when it comes to America giving billions of dollars in weapons and money a year as a gift. I also think that America needs to separate itself and let Israel do what it wants to do knowing that if they make a decision they face the consequences on their own. I wouldnt go and fight and die for Israel nor would I want to send anyone in my stead.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
Let's not forget Israel is a small piece of land, so it wouldn't take many missiles and bombs to annihilate the entire area.

The missile defenses that Israel has now has greatly improved over the years thanks to US secret missile defense technologies. Israel has more to fear from short range small rockets. You can safely bet that the Iranians will retaliate in every way they can including using terrorist organizations allied with them and who are neighboring enemies of Israel.

The problem with any action here by either side is that the likely result will be that Israel will deem the annihilation of its enemies as necessary for the survival of Israel and the Israeli people.

No matter where rockets are launched from in an Iranian retaliation against an Israeli attack, Israel will be compelled to attack with full force on any source of rocket or enemy fire, this time with annihilation as the ultimate goal. Annihilation of Israel's enemies, or Israel will face annihilation itself.

Perhaps the best course here should be both sides having equal destructive powers "Mutually Assured Destruction" It kept the USA and Russia from attacking each other, and may work with Iran and Israel.

Mutually assured destruction could be the answer if they can avoid war now, one day both with have the ability to annihilate the other.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Just one problem with your scenario.

The MAD concept has worked between Western nations as they prefer to live and thrive.

Muslims don't mind dying if they can fulfill the second greatest pillar of Islam - specifically killing Jews - or Christians.

The problem is, they don't mind popping the first one.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Israel simply wants to do this NOW because they know Iran has a deal with Russia for modern anti aircraft defense systems. Once they are in place, Israel would have a much harder time attacking Iran.

Iran is no imminent threat to Israel, and diplomacy would be a far better option. The belief that all Muslims are hopping mad and can't wait to get to Allah, is both erroneous and narrow minded.

[edit on 1/4/09 by Terapin]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Do you honestly believe that Iran would launch nukes at Israel if they had them, or provide nukes to terrorists to use on Israel?

There would be NO Iran if that happens and, if they are going to actually martyr their entire nation and people to attack Israel then perhaps Netanyahu should simply attack Iran now and get it over with.

This is going to be an incredibly dangerous situation, we can only HOPE that some kind of resolution that both sides can LIVE with will happen soon.

If there is military action, Israel will not stop this time, it will be kill or be killed for them, damn the world, Iran and even the USA.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I absolutely do.

These Persians aren't the brightest bulbs on the string - according to Arabs.

And they're so unemotional. Did you see the film of them dumping that old Ayatollah Khomeini turd out of his casket and into the dirt?

Ever see them jumping around like they got fireants in their pants?

Ahmajackoff opened his big mouth and spilled the plan.

What else does Israel need? They've heard this before, and were attacked with the goal of wiping them out.

If someone tells me they plan to kill me, I'm already shooting. I'm taking them at their word.

Israel is likely taking Ahmajackoff at his word.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
If someone tells me they plan to kill me, I'm already shooting. I'm taking them at their word.

Israel is likely taking Ahmajackoff at his word.

I agree. Serenading them with love songs and "Give Peace a Chance" won't work with these blood thirsty morons. They just don't get it.

Even when they get it, they still won't get why they got it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

How sure are you that what you have heard and seen in regards to Iran is not propaganda meant to demonize them?

We live in the modern information era, and there are two sides here.

It is possible that Iran is as afraid of Israel as Israel is of them and is justified in seeking the means to defend itself against Israeli nuclear weapons by having and maintaining a nuclear arsenal able to deliver equal destruction to Israel.

No matter what happens here, if military action can be avoided then that should be proposed to the end before threats like Netanyahu's are made.

It may not be long before threats become actions taken by either side.

No one in Iran or Israel should want to see that happen, and I have a hard time believing that the Iranians have some suicidal crusade for the destruction of Israel as a goal, more likely what they are doing is talking big, and preparing for defense.

If the worst happens the world will forever know these times as the greatest failure of diplomacy in the history of the world, a lost opportunity to prevent death and destruction the likes of which have not been seen since WWII.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There is no reasoning with zealots on either side of this debate. They are incapable of breaking their conditioning. It is truly unfortunate. Unfortunate for those of us that are forced to deal with the fallout. Blood and death and ruin are all that is left.

Isaiah 1:16

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

By calling him Ahmajackof you weaken your argument by demonstrating that you are uncivilized. One can just as easily say Benjamine Neoconyahoo, and it only would make the speaker just as foolish. I never understood why people think slinging silly insults, and childish name calling helps strengthen their point of view.

Contrary to what some people choose to believe, Ahmadinejad did not state that he planned to destroy Israel.

"Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian". Instead, "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."

Iran needs to increase it's electrical generation capacity to meet todays demand, and for the future. They are building a Geothermal power plant in Meshkinshahr to harness the heat from the Earth, to generate electricity. Iran is a member of the Global Wind Energy Counsel, and they are increasing both the size and number of their wind farms, of which they have quite a few. They are the sole center producing wind turbines in the Middle East. Iran is also introducing the latest solar technologies to help cut its oil consumption and bring cheaper electricity to its civilians. They are also building nuclear power plants, juts like many other nations around the globe have. By increasing their capacity through various means, it allows them to sell off a higher percentage of their oil. Nothing wrong with that. It is what prudent and progressive nations do. They do not have nuclear weapons. The US Secretary of Defense stated that Iran is no where near having them any time soon, nor are they capable of making weapons grade material. There is no need for Israel to hurry up and attack Iran as there is no imminent threat.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Terapin, you go ahead and spell Ahmajackoff's name as you prefer, and I'll do the same. I used my anti-turd spellchecker, and it went through just fine.

Ahmajackoff has used the same identical threat that was used by Arab leaders just before the brand-new country of Israel was attacked in 1948-49, the same identical threat that was made again by Arab leaders in May of 1967, and in the interim years leading up to the attack in 1973.

You can excuse and soft-pedal his threat any way you wish, claim language nuances, but the threat was plainly made against Israel.

And Iran floating in oil, doesn't need nuclear power. That's just a means to their end - and in this case - it may be just that.

The mullah government of Iran wants nukes, and so who am I to say they shouldn't get them? Maybe not in the manner they intend, but hey - you gotta be careful what you wish for.

Iran and Israel are not natural, historical, or cultural enemies. It almost seems that certain groups in the ME are being drawn or compelled to want to destroy Israel. But the Israeli Jews are well studied in their books, and it's going down just as foretold.

And there's nothing that anyone can do about it. What's going to happen is going to happen.

For guys who think the US will inadvertently get involved? Don't worry. For those who hate the US for being the "world policeman?" You just thought that was a problem.

You're fixing to be on your own.

This current President thinks STUPID is a virtue, and we're in a fast swirling spiral going right down the toilet as the stupid SOB won't take his hand off the handle.

All those years when I read of these very same nations lining up against Israel, I could never quite get past the one question: what happened to the US, and why would Israel have to face this huge challenge alone? I mean, what about the US?

Well, it's becoming clearer every single day with this new government we have.

No matter. What is destined is destined. Apparently, the matter was already decided millennia ago.

Either way, Iran is smoked.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sure, you can continue to play silly name calling games. It doesn't matter to me at all, and certainly make you look smarter.

The world has had a lot of fun laughing at the pronouncements of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who stands falsely accused of threatening to wipe Israel off the face of the map. But Ahmadinejad has protested that it would be wrong to kill large numbers of civilians.
In contrast, Lieberman has threatened to wipe at least two countries, Egypt and Palestine, off the map. Monstrously, he suggested bombing the Aswan Dam, which would have the effect of murdering all 80 million Egyptians and sweeping them into the Mediterranean in a vast continental African tsunami.

The world knows that Israel has no intentions of being a peaceful nation, and will always try to make it look like the "other guy" was at fault. We know better.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That looks like another one of those "outside sources" that was pegged together in the backroom of some Hizballah bomb making factory.

Don't you worry about what I look like Terp. I certainly don't worry about you.

If Netanyahu says he'll stop Iran, then I wouldn't take bets against him.

Those Israelis are pretty canny. Smart.

And when they go out to do a job, well, the job gets done.

If a person can't swallow that, then choke it down.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Iran and Israel are not natural, historical, or cultural enemies. It almost seems that certain groups in the ME are being drawn or compelled to want to destroy Israel. But the Israeli Jews are well studied in their books, and it's going down just as foretold.

And there's nothing that anyone can do about it. What's going to happen is going to happen.

This says a whole host right here and this my friend is why I will not vote for another Republican till they boot the religious right. I dont believe that it is all part of some religious plan because I dont buy the man made religions ie Judism, Christianity, and Muslim. There is a moment you have to ask yourself is this prophecy or self fullfilling prophecy?

I dont think I want someone who believes people can talk to snakes, build a boat for all the animals on the earth to fit on, a god that sees everyone every second of the day that if you pray to this person and he gives you what you want its a miracle but if it doesnt happen then its gods will, he will come back and fight this evil that was released by his creation someday, oh you need money for this god because the god can create the heavens and earth for us all but cant fund his own operations, and on and on and on. The religions we have on earth are the biggest frauds and jokes and its hard for me take anyone serious who actually believe these man made fables and yes they are man made.

The Jews went in and kicked some arse now they have land its not gods will its the Jews said they want a place to call home so they did it. All of the countries on this earth have switched hands how many times over the years is that too gods will? This statement by you is what scares me. As an American you are allowed to believe what you want thats the beauty of America but our leaders should be trying to fullfill some man made fable.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Your opinions are your business. Maybe your dad is Jewish, maybe not. I honestly don't care because there are plenty of self hating Jews in the world.

In my earlier reply I was specifically addressing Animal, Bobbylove, Terpin, and any other poster who regularly gets their information from PressTV and only criticizes Israel and no other country (except maybe USA).

It’s a serial campaign to slander Israel, and by extension the Jews who live there, and the Jews who support it.

If someone has an honest criticism of a government's actions, that’s one thing, but when you make it your mission to post propaganda on this forum and others, you obviously have an ulterior motive.

I disagree with many of the USA's policies and post to that effect. On occasion, I find that I disagree with Israeli policies and post that as well. For example, this new Israeli foreign minister, Lieberman, is nuts. He is going to be a real problem with respect to the potential for peace and a two state solution. However, I feel he got a lot of votes for the same reason Bush did in 2004. Because decent, hardworking people are afraid of muslims who are threatening and promising to kill them.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by drwizardphd

In my earlier reply I was specifically addressing Animal, Bobbylove, Terpin, and any other poster who regularly gets their information from PressTV and only criticizes Israel and no other country (except maybe USA).

What? Find ONE post of mine that uses information from PressTV.

I criticize many countries as will mate, and it is not out of BAD intentions.

Want to call me on something, then please call me on something I have actually done, which is the opposite of what you have done here

I brought this NEWS story which was originally found at the Atlantic, because I felt like it highlights an important issue for my country, which is our continued involvement in ensuring Israel remains the top dog in the middle east.

As we saw when we tried, and failed, to secretly bring supplies into Israel in the early 70's (or was it late 60's) to help them in one of their many wars with their neighbors, we only made ourselves targets of other middle eastern countries by propping up a poorly contrived state.

While I understand the Jewish people were oppressed in WWII to a degree I shudder to think about, the idea of trying to 'make it all better' by giving them land that not only does not rightfully belong to them but also incites mass hysteria in the region which spills over to the global stage is foolish.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Animal]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join