It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu to Obama: Stop Iran—Or I Will

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

ITS not a terrorist attack if they do it... silly.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I'm not real sure what that "outside source" you quoted from originated, but it sounds like something from the back room of Hizballah.

I remember the lead up to the war in 1967. I remember the threats to wipe Israel off the map, I recall clearly the troops assembling, the Egyptian demand that the UN buffer troops be removed.

I know better than that pack of distortions you quoted.

Since everyone and their cousins have threatened to wipe Israel off the map since creation, and since Iran's President Ahmajackoff said much the same thing, and since Iran in spite of sitting on much of the world's oil is demanding nuclear facilities, and clearly is working toward enriching uranium, then I'd say yes, prudence requires the Israelis to act.

The Israelis can go deeper. They can go higher. They can go faster and farther, but they can never go back.

Once they've been hit by a nuclear device that they intuitively knew was coming, they can't turn the clock back. They don't get a re-do.

With the hateful rhetoric from Iran's government, prudence requires Israeli action.

Too bad, but if I were Israeli, I'd be paranoid myself.

Prudence is what requires action.

One doesn't have to like it, but this is a situation the Iranians have put themselves into.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

I'm not real sure what that "outside source" you quoted from originated, but it sounds like something from the back room of Hizballah.

I remember the lead up to the war in 1967. I remember the threats to wipe Israel off the map, I recall clearly the troops assembling, the Egyptian demand that the UN buffer troops be removed.

I know better than that pack of distortions you quoted.

I'm not being purposefully obtuse, but did you perhaps remember all of that from American media?

Back in the 60's they were even better at reporting whatever the hell they felt like reporting. I would keep that in mind, and understand that what you remember from the news probably isn't how it really happened.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I invite you to fact check. Israel initially claimed that they were attacked. When it was proven to be a lie, they changed their story to say they were in danger of being attacked. Again, Yitzhak Rabin, who as chief of staff planned this attack told Le Monde in February 1968, quite simply: "We knew that Nasser did not intend to attack." You need to stop listening to Zionist propaganda and instead to listen to the facts. Go see for yourself what Yitzhak Rabin said. Go find out for yourself why Israel changed their story about being attacked first. They changed that story because it was a lie, and the truth was uncovered.

Iran has not threatened to attack Israel. They have said that the Zionist regime will fall, and that is probably true, even without any military action. This does not mean that Israel will fall, just the racist regime that promotes war. There is no denying that Israel was born out of Zionist terrorism. I mentioned only a few events, that you chose not to discuss. GO and look for yourself, at the long and details list of Zionist terrorism. The first act of Air Piracy was a Zionist terrorist plot. The very first act of a civilian airplane being shot down, was again Zionist terrorism.

The first act of air piracy in the history of civil aviation was carried out by Israel, in Dec. 1954, when a civilian Syrian airliner was forced down in Tel Aviv and its civilian passengers and crew held for days, despite international condemnation.

In 1968, Israeli commandos blew up 13 civilian airliners at Beirut airport in Lebanon.

The first deliberate shooting down of a civilian airliner was carried out by Israel, when a Libyan airliner was shot down by Israeli jet fighters over Sinai, in Feb. 1973, on the direct orders of Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir, killing all 107 of its passengers and the entire French crew.
The USS liberty was clearly unprovoked aggression on an ally, in an attempt to draw the US into the war. You can ask the survivors of that Israeli terrorist attack on the USS Liberty and they will tell you in great detail about the crimes of Israel against an ally. Zionists killed their own people aboard the Patria. So nice and peaceful are the Zionists, that they kill their own for political gain. Ahh but you do not wish to talk about Zionist terrorism, and perhaps even pretend that it does not happen. You only wish to spread false propaganda about Iran.

Zionists lie that Iran is a nuclear threat, when we know for a fact that this is untrue. The IAEA is actively inspecting Iranian nuclear sites. Israel does not allow anyone to inspect Israeli nuclear sites by the way. The US secretary of Defense stated publicly that Iran is not even close to having nuclear weapon capabilities and can not even produce weapons grade materials. The only threat......... is coming from Israel, not Iran.

[edit on 31/3/09 by Terapin]

[edit on 31/3/09 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Don't bother debating these people. These anti-Semitic posts raped in the clothes of criticizing the Israeli government always come from the same posters, and are quickly joined by the same batch of anti-Semites.

Now they will start whining that its an Israel Lobby ploy to call a critic of Israel an anti-Semite, but these five or six posters in ATS are always on the same threads together spewing their hate speech. The OP's signature is a banner against Israeli goods. BobyLove has started numerous anti-israel threads. Its like these guys have nothing better to do than to look for anti-Israel propaganda. For crying out load, Bobbylove has cite the Iranian State Run propaganda machine known and PressTv as his source for threads he started. Thats like citing to KKK propaganda in the quest to put down African Americans.

Sure, any government could be corrupt and any government can do terrible things. But these people never complain when the Sudanese massacre the people of Darfur, or when sunni muslim blows himself up to kill shia muslims or vice versa.

You will never see one of these people start a post where a palestinian blew himself up in an Israeli market. I bet these people feel that the US deserved 9/11.

I respond to these people becasue its fun toying with mental midgets.

Edit to add, Terpin recently started this BS thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm all for free speech, but come on ATS, where there is a modis operandi of constant, deliberate and untruthful posts about Israel and Jewish people, why not ban the offensive posters. What if instead of Jewish critizism, this was anti-black or anti-"insert minority here" speach, I am sure there would be action taken swiftly.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have a post for you, why not post this article usual suspects?

JERUSALEM – Benjamin Netanyahu, taking office as Israel's new leader Tuesday, promised to seek "full peace" with the Arab and Muslim world, but refused to utter the words the world was waiting to hear: "Palestinian state." The well-spoken, U.S.-educated hawk took pains to portray himself as a pragmatist, telling a packed parliament that Israel does not want to rule the Palestinians.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by dooper

Don't bother debating these people. These anti-Semitic posts raped in the clothes of criticizing the Israeli government always come from the same posters, and are quickly joined by the same batch of anti-Semites.

I'm half Jewish. Go # yourself.

I'm sick of being called an anti-semite by ignoramuses who can't tell the difference between criticizing a government body and criticizing a people.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by drwizardphd]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

YAWN!!

Haven't posted in a while, I can see the quality of debate in this forum has deteriorated as I had predicted it would...but I must say your entire rant is filled with ad hominem attacks and straw man arguments. And boils down to: If an American does not agree with Israeli foreign policy, he/she is therefore an anti-Semite.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
reply to post by finemanm

YAWN!!

Haven't posted in a while, I can see the quality of debate in this forum has deteriorated as I had predicted it would...but I must say your entire rant is filled with ad hominem attacks and straw man arguments. And boils down to: If an American does not agree with Isreali foreign policy, the he/she is an anti-Semite.

Well I do not know all the history... However I would agree that just as many people come on to the Isreal related threads and attempt to guilt the end of debate via "ANTI JEWISH" claims... ape like motivation. Reminds me me of patriotism via FOX

CHEAP

We don't need anymore war...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Israel is free to do what it wishes as a free State. Having said that, we as Americans have NO obligation to pay with American blood or Treasure to defend a country capable of defending itself.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Obtuse? I like that term, but you misapplied it.

I also recall the hundreds, no, thousands of Egyptian tanks and vehicles shredded on roads that I would suppose according to you, were just out for an afternoon drive.

The sheer number of Egyptian casualties alone would indicate that they weren't lined up against Israel because of the weather.

Oh. And for months, the Syrians had been using the Golan Heights to shell Israeli settlements. I remember watching it being taken from a distance.

Yep, big bad Israel just jumped on those guys for no reason at all.

Until you start looking at where the men and equipment were destroyed. And the numbers!

It almost . . . do I dare . . . looked like the hand of God came down and wiped them out. Of course for that to be true, then the prophecies in the Old Testament would have to be true.

Don't know for sure if He picked a side or not, but if He did, it's pretty clear which side He was on.

All I know is, that for a group to have been wiped out in three major attacks so far, the Israelis have done pretty well.

Spectacular, actually.

Knowing this small nation has handed those who would destroy them their own heads with unbelievable consistency gives me a bit of personal satisfaction.

Of course, if you hate Jews, and thus hate Israel, a nation founded by Jews . . . it's gotta really be like sand in the crack of your butt. Chaffing. Grinding. Irritating.

So I'm supposed to believe that somehow, the Persians, who have never, ever, won a single fight against any Western power (Israel is a nation founded by and consisting of Western immigrants) in over four millennia, are going to prevail?

Shall we see?

I'm betting on the prophecies and the promises of the Almighty.

He hasn't lied yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
So, if Israel fels tha way,let em deal with it themselves then. Why does it have to include USA too? If Israel really thinks their that tough a nation and army, like they did with GAza, the mongrils they are, screw em..let em put thier money where their mouth is, and do it themselves.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by dooper

Now they will start whining that its an Israel Lobby ploy to call a critic of Israel an anti-Semite, but these five or six posters in ATS are always on the same threads together spewing their hate speech. The OP's signature is a banner against Israeli goods. BobyLove has started numerous anti-israel threads. Its like these guys have nothing better to do than to look for anti-Israel propaganda. For crying out load, Bobbylove has cite the Iranian State Run propaganda machine known and PressTv as his source for threads he started. Thats like citing to KKK propaganda in the quest to put down African Americans.

Sure, any government could be corrupt and any government can do terrible things. But these people never complain when the Sudanese massacre the people of Darfur, or when sunni muslim blows himself up to kill shia muslims or vice versa.

You will never see one of these people start a post where a palestinian blew himself up in an Israeli market. I bet these people feel that the US deserved 9/11.

I respond to these people becasue its fun toying with mental midgets.

Edit to add, Terpin recently started this BS thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm all for free speech, but come on ATS, where there is a modis operandi of constant, deliberate and untruthful posts about Israel and Jewish people, why not ban the offensive posters. What if instead of Jewish critizism, this was anti-black or anti-"insert minority here" speach, I am sure there would be action taken swiftly.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by finemanm]

here here! i am glad that i wasnt the only who seen this trend. i am sick of the hate isreal threads myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Obtuse? I like that term, but you misapplied it.

No, I didn't.

I also recall the hundreds, no, thousands of Egyptian tanks and vehicles shredded on roads that I would suppose according to you, were just out for an afternoon drive.

The sheer number of Egyptian casualties alone would indicate that they weren't lined up against Israel because of the weather.

Yeah, Israel is great at killing people. Your point?

Knowing this small nation has handed those who would destroy them their own heads with unbelievable consistency gives me a bit of personal satisfaction.

Israel has the #1 world power behind it, they're not a "small nation" by any means. They are equipped far better than any other middle eastern power, and have a considerably more developed military thanks entirely to U.S. support.

Of course, if you hate Jews, and thus hate Israel, a nation founded by Jews . . . it's gotta really be like sand in the crack of your butt. Chaffing. Grinding. Irritating.

That's it, goddammit. I am ABSOLUTELY #ING SICK of entertaining this retarded idea that people who hate Israel hate Jews. My father is Jewish, and so is half of my family. You can shove your self-righteous, Israel-defending, moronic stance right back where it came from, and stop lecturing me on how my OWN GODDAMN PEOPLE SHOULD BE TREATED.

The VERY FACT that Israel exists in the state it does, and commits the atrocities that it does, is an absolute INSULT to all Jews everywhere, and every single human being with Jewish blood in their veins. They are a disgusting nation, and do nothing but damage the Jewish name with every despicable act they take!

This is getting to the point where I am ideologically offended by all of the idiots here who think that because I hate Israel, I'm and anti-semite, or that I'm a self-hating Jew, or whatever. I don't care who you are, where you came from, or what religion you choose to follow. You don't have to be an anti-Semite to see reckless, unwarranted violence for what it is: Genocide.

I don't care if you have the Star of David tattooed on your #ing forehead, you don't have the right to accuse me of hating half my family, just because I despise Israel. ALL NATIONS, and ALL PEOPLE, should be held to the same degree of scrutiny. When one nation screws up, and starts doing what Israel is doing, its up to all of us to take notice and defend human rights.

Edited to fix quote.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by drwizardphd]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I'm betting on the prophecies and the promises of the Almighty.

He hasn't lied yet.

Almighty? Oh you mean that guy up in the sky that watches all of us every minute of the day and everyday of the year? Oh you mean the guy who has a list of things we shouldnt do and if we do them he will send us down to the depths of hell where we will be burned, tortured, and all sorts of other cruel things for eternity while still loving us at the same time? Is it the same guy who needs all sorts of money from the peons because in all his powers he cannot provide for his followers? How about the same god who sees all this evil and says hes going to come and defeat it.....someday....I can go on and on my point is the religions you speak of are all man made and frauds. You say god hasnt been wrong well when has he been right?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
More news that may be applicable to this thread:

Israel's new ultra-nationalist foreign minister has said it is not bound by a US-sponsored 2007 agreement to reach a peace deal with the Palestinians.

"The Annapolis conference, it has no validity," Avigdor Lieberman said.

He was speaking at a handover ceremony at the foreign ministry, prompting his predecessor Tzipi Livni to interrupt and diplomats to shift uncomfortably.

At Annapolis, each side agreed to further discussions aimed at creating an independent Palestinian state

Palestinian officials said Mr Lieberman's stance could undermine stability.

source

Now let's think - if Iran did this, they would be a threat to world peace, a member of an axis of evil, or some other nonsense spouted by a zionist puppet.

There is no evidence that Iran has nukes - the last NIE presented to bush made it clear that Iran abandoned its weapons programme prior to 2003.

Bush's response?
"I don't believe it, because it doesn't say what I want it to say"

How's that for foreign policy and leadership...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There seems to be some wrong information here.

Israel did defeat the Arab/Persian coalition in two wars....barely. There were some very tense moments within those conflicts where Israel was indeed on the brink of complete destruction.

Within those two conflicts many experts agree it was the U.S. handing spy satellite pictures and over flights by the SR-71 that gave Israel the edge it needed.

Moreover, if Israel wants war with Iran than so be it, I just want no part of it. We as a country cannot afford it, nor do we want to be pulled in to this regional school yard spat.

Make no mistake, just because we decide not to back Israel in this endeavor does not mean we are not friends of Israel. No different than when Canada and many other nations decided to opt out of the Iraq war.

You want it, go get it, but leave us out of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

drwizardphd, you really gotta learn to relax man, you're going to pop the cusper valve off your motor control limiter, possibly creating a vapor-lock, and then where will you be?

You heritage means nothing to me. You can be Zulu, but that won't change what happened at Rourke's Drift.

On the 17th of May in 1967, Egyptian radio stations were blasting that:

"All Egypt is now prepared to plunge into total war which will put an end to Israel."

Nice words, huh?

On May 27th, ten days later, Nassar himself declared, "Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight."

This is what I recall. This was not an Israeli aggression. Anyone can lie to themselves if they want to disagree, but it's still a lie.

Well, the Arabs got their fight.

And yes, those who designed to wipe out Israel experienced significant destruction.

Egypt lost 75% of its air force, 800 out of 900 Soviet tanks, 400 field guns, 20% of its territory, and Syria and Jordan didn't fare much better.

You suggest that only with the US supporting Israel does it enjoy its victories.

The Soviets invested tons and tons of men, training, money, and equipment preparing these Arabs for their war on Israel. I think we sold Israel some tanks and planes.

The Soviets after all this effort suffered extreme embarrassment. To help cover the cost on some of this mass of help, the Soviets held a lien on Egyptian cotton production, and of all things, the Egyptians suffered a terrible crop due to a drought. (Odd coincidence, isn't it?)

I never lectured you on how to treat "your own people." I don't really care what your opinion of "your people"is, as it has nothing to do with what I was discussing.

Who you are, who your daddy is, who your mommy is, and who "your people" are - matters not one whit with me.

I only address this from a historical, political, and military standpoint. I grow weary myself of those who claim that Israel is the aggressor nation. These are untruths learned by rote, from God knows where. I just don't let these assinine claims go unanswered.

May I suggest that you are very . . . sensitive on this subject? Maybe a professional can help with some unresolved issues.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Israel fought several Islamic nations before and won, and this wasn't so long ago.

They can do it again.

i see many posters in ehre don't seem to udnerstand that the iranian regime doesn't want Israel, alongside the Palestinian hardliners, They will never accept any agreements in which the State of Israel exists. it is that simple. Israel is fighting for it's survival, and the survival of it's people.

I do wish that they could live in peace, and harmony, I really do, but what I wish, or what others think has nothing to do with the reality of the situation.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

"It is Israel that is fermenting trouble once again."

The word you are groping for here is not "fermenting" but rather "fomenting." Just thought I'd kick some grammar your way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join