It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu to Obama: Stop Iran—Or I Will

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Netanyahu to Obama: Stop Iran—Or I Will

www.theatlantic.com

The American president, he said, must stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons—and quickly—or an imperiled Israel may be forced to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities itself.

“The Obama presidency has two great missions: fixing the economy, and preventing Iran from gaining nuclear weapons,” Netanyahu told me...

“You don’t want a messianic apocalyptic cult controlling atomic bombs. When the wide-eyed believer gets hold of the reins of power and the weapons of mass death..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Time to cut Israel loose?

Past time?

Obviously I think so.

This highlights the sway the Israel lobby has in the USA. The incoming PM of Israel telling us what our nation needs to be doing, apparently 50% of that is doing what is in their best interest.

'Do it or we will' ...with your money?

Perhaps it is time Israel learned to stand on their own 2-feet. after all we are currently in the throes of a global economic crisis, there is hardly money to throw at them.

We are also bogged down in a war we are trying to leave (Iraq) to get bogged down in a war we left on the back burner (Afghanistan) so we hardly have the military capability of backing up the state of Israel.

Indeed if Israel is so intent on seeing military action taken against Iran perhaps it is time they show us they are capable of surviving without the 'big guys' backing them up. On the other hand, perhaps they would just be showing us how to ruin an ill conceived society.

Either way, I personally feel these statements are out of line. Israel lives off our handouts, perhaps they should learn to act like it.

www.theatlantic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I do not think that Netanyahu tries to press US to attack Iran. It is hardly a possibility even with Israeli lobby due to inner situation in US and prior commitments. Since only way Israel can influence (and i think that it would be temporary anyway) Iranian nuclear program is by attack, which would damage world economy even more not to mention bloody war here. My bet is that he wants US to apply much more pressure on Iran.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Do you really believe that US gives aid to Israel because they feel sorry for them or like them?

The US gives aid or helps out Israel and other nations because the US knows that in the long run, the US will have some kind of political power to make Israel or other nations do what the US wants. The day Israel or other nations who receive US aid fail to do what the US asks, the US will cut off the aid in a New York Minute.

Why do you think we still give Pakistan aid?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Let Netanyhu do it..im personally fed up with this,zero knowledge and other rational reasonable israelis...im sorry.But its inevitable with such vile rulers..as soon as israel strikes iran expect your whole country to bare the brunt of an all out attack that you have never experienced in your lives.After that,israel will be in a corner,despite american hardware...you will turn into a wild animal with nothing to lose,let loose the nukes,after that...you can say bye bye to israel,simple as that.Hopefully Netanyahu has some common sense and nothing like what i described above happens...but if anyone thinks a 21st century Iran is a walk over for the israeli military they are severely severely mistaken.It will be an absolute bloodbath.Then again,like i said,hopefully the israeli government realises this,bites their lip and admits to the fact there will be another power in the region able to defend itself from any foreign aggression.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think if America just turned around and told Israel "Good luck you are on your own." This would cause Israel to rethink what they want to do.

The war will not happen without the backing of the U.S. This is because Israel is too weak to take on many nations by itself.

Let's not forget Israel is a small piece of land, so it wouldn't take many missiles and bombs to annihilate the entire area.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Zero Knowledge It sucks that free thinking Israelis like you have imperialistic leaders like you do but really enough is enough. If he wants to attack Iran by all means let him and he better not come over here asking us to foot the bill or give troops. If they want to buy weapons we should sell them to them but to keep giving them money and troops Im sorry enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If a War starts in Iran, guess whos sons and daughters will be sent over to die there???Obama MAY try to increase the political pressure, but the US is not about to get into another foolish war in the Mid East.

“You don’t want a messianic apocalyptic cult controlling atomic bombs. When the wide-eyed believer gets hold of the reins of power and the weapons of mass death..."
Too late. It has already happened and it is called Israel. Israel has over 200 nuclear weapons and that very fact makes it ILLEGAL for the US to send any financial aide to Israel. Israel refused to sign the nuclear non proliferation treaty and thus,by US law, it is illegal to send them the Billions of dolalrs we currently do. This is why, when asked by reporters "Who in the Mid East has Nuclear weapons?" Obama dodged the question.

Iran does not have Nuclear Weapons. Their nuclear facilities are not capable of making weapons grade material. The US Secretary of Defense stated recently that Iran would not have the capability any time soon. Bush lied to the nation with his tales of Weapons of Mass Destruction and got us involved in chaos in Iraq. Does Israel think the world public is so stupid to be fooled with another boogeyman story again? Israel is simply a war monger with a lust for blood.

( To clarify: When I say Israel, I mean the leaders, not simply all the people living there. There are many decent individuals in Israel who are against the Racism, Hatred and cries for War)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yep,

Its just the leaders. I mean hell, the young people of Israel do not want to even spill there own blood for the most part to defend it. Cut em loose!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't believe Israel is talking about a ground war. Certainly the US would not need to become involved in a ground war.

There's other ways to take things out.

Nor can Iran attack Israel with a ground force.

The new Israeli Prime Minister knows the score, and as those before him, he has options.

Recall that the US didn't sanction the attack on the Iraqi nuclear plant either.

Most of Reagan's advisors and cabinet were strongly against it, and once it happened, one ran into tell Reagan.

His response?

"Well, boys will be boys!"

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
The war will not happen without the backing of the U.S. This is because

Thats funny. How about 1948, 1967, etc... where Israel defeated Egypt, Syria, and Jordan without American military support. They did it all by themselves.

Iran is a problem for the US because if they acquire a Nuke, they will give it to a terrorist and we will have glow in the dark US cities. Then we will have glow in the dark middle-eastern cities, and we all loose.

Have a nice day racist bigot.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

Iran is a problem for the US because if they acquire a Nuke, they will give it to a terrorist and we will have glow in the dark US cities. Then we will have glow in the dark middle-eastern cities, and we all loose.

Wow what ignorance we are spewing tonight. So Iran would pass off a nuke to a terrorist to kill a few thousand people and risk having their country annihilated with many US nukes? Does no one on ATS have any common sense anymore? The persians have survived for thousands of years you think they would be that dumb to do that just to get one nuke off? It sounds like the only racist here is you.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Delivery backtrack and plausible denial.

Those are the reasons for using third parties to "deliver" a device.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm

Thats funny. How about 1948, 1967, etc... where Israel defeated Egypt, Syria, and Jordan without American military support. They did it all by themselves.

What exactly did he say that was racist or bigoted? Your post is strewn with ignorance. Iran is MUCH less of a threat to peace than Israel, just look at history, they haven't initiated a conflict in hundreds of years. Whereas Israel has been aggressively expansionist, and has initiated dozens of conflicts since its creation only 60 years ago.

I hate to say it, but the U.S. has already given nukes to terrorists. We gave them to Israel.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Delivery backtrack and plausible denial.

Those are the reasons for using third parties to "deliver" a device.

The US and Russia have the ability to trace nukes back to their origins by how much of a certain ingredient in the nuke. There is no denialbility and our government wouldnt give them the chance. If it was narrowed down to Iran their whole country would be up in smoke within minutes. I dont buy the Iran is a threat to us and never have. Iran does not have a history of preemptive strikes unlike some other countries *cough*

[edit on 31-3-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Why do you think we still give Pakistan aid?

Why are "terrorists" still occupying the country then? If we aided them so much we should be able to go in the rural areas they are hiding and move them out ya? I could be completely wrong but I was pretty sure it was Pakistan

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah. I love all these attacks the Israelis have made.

In 1948-49, immediately after declaring themselves a country, a coalition of Lebanon, Syria, Transjordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt attacked promising to soak the ground with Israeli blood.

Got their asses kicked.

1967, after months of the same threats of wiping out Israel, kicking out the UN, and getting on line for the attack, a coalition of Egypt, Syria, and Jordan were attacked first.

Got their asses kicked.

1973, Israel was once again attacked by a coalition of Syria and Egypt.

Got their asses kicked.

That's some history of attacking folks on the part of the Israelis.

If that's what you learned in history class, you should go back and break your foot off in the elementary canal of your teacher.

'Cause it isn't even close to the truth.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is fresh doom.

Did anyone expect anything different from Netanyahu? The man makes neo-cons look like good sportsmen.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Israel attack anyone??? Nahhh Never happened.... err other than the USS Liberty, The King David Hotel, the British Embassy in Rome, The Massacre of Deir Yassin, Heck they even blew up their OWN people on the Jewish ship Patria. The list of Israeli terrorist attacks is long and well documented.

As far as Israel being attacked in '67. Umm no Israel started it:

June 5, 1967: Israeli committed its biggest, most treacherous and premeditated aggression against Egypt, Syria and Jordan. After destroying Arab aircraft on the ground in a lightening attack, Israeli forces invaded and occupied the rest of Palestine, that is, the West Bank, Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem, the Syrian Golan Heights and the Egyptian Sinai Peninsula. In the first days of its aggression and in plain disregard of the truth, Israel fabricated a charge of aggression against its victims and presented it in a dramatic manner to the U.N. Security Council. Western media spread this fabricated story and the whole world sympathized with the supposed victim. In 1967 the Israeli's made a third ruthless blitzkrieg attack upon the Arabs. This time they deliberately destroyed three quarters of a million dollar's worth of church property.

The great deception practiced by Israel on the U.N. and the whole world is now completely discredited, the Israelis, therefore, changed their tactics and rely nowadays on the argument that, they were NOT attacked by Egypt, they were in danger of BEING attacked, and hence they resorted to a so-called pre-emptive strike. Alan Hart quotes a former Israeli Director of military intelligence as telling him "if Nasser had not given Israel the excuse to attack the Arabs, Israel would have invented a pretext for war within six or ten months" because its military planners had decided that the time had come to knock out vast amounts of mainly Soviet-supplied Arab armor. Yitzhak Rabin, who as chief of staff planned this attack told Le Monde in February 1968, quite simply: "We knew that Nasser did not intend to attack."

Now Israel claims that they are in danger of being attacked by Iran, despite the fact that Iran has no nukes and is no where near to being able to make them. Does this Israeli claim of being in danger of attack sound familiar? Iran is not threatening Israel, and is not an aggressor nation. It is Israel that is fermenting trouble once again. The US should stay clear of Israeli insanity.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
This is fresh doom.

Did anyone expect anything different from Netanyahu? The man makes neo-cons look like good sportsmen.

YES!

HE is such a measured fellow

god I love that mans constitution....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join