It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 potentially banning residents from their homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm utterly disgusted by this and have already contacted a friend at the Telegraph about it

Residents at the western end of the ExCeL estate will have difficulty accessing their homes, whether by vehicle or on foot, because of road closures at the site and also with searching and screening taking place. They will be required to carry two forms of identification/proof of address (one of which must be photographic) to gain entry through security cordons.

www.newham.gov.uk...

There is no requirement for UK citizens to hold photo ID and potentially this means some residents may be banned form their homes. If I lived there I would!

This deserves maximum publicity IMO.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Essan]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Too bad it won't. Maximum publicity will go to Celebrities and their mansions because that's what the majority of sheep want to see.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I find it intersting that so many people on ATS are more interested in supporting the right of hooligans to smash other people's property than the real and serious impications of this ruling. But maybe they like the idea of compulsory ID for everyone?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I find it intersting that so many people on ATS are more interested in supporting the right of hooligans to smash other people's property than the real and serious impications of this ruling. But maybe they like the idea of compulsory ID for everyone?

I agree with you, except on one part.

There was only one or two people in every thread regarding the G20 issue and protesting who're "Sticking up" for the violent, malevolent "Demonstrators".

Please don't tar us all w/ the same ignorance brush

ETA: S&F By the way!

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

new topics

top topics

join