It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Bizarre Sleep Activites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have put together some information - bizarre activities carried out whilst asleep

Beware - many of them occurred whilst people were under the influence of the controversial insomnia drug AMBIEN.

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
SLEEP PAINTING. Haha, i'd want her to live at my house. Wake up one day, and your house was painted for free!

I liked the terrorist sleep the most, can you imagine the confusion that guy had when he finally awoke! Passengers have quite a story to tell.

I do think half of the cases were caused by ambien. I wonder how a pill could alter your sleep to do these strange things.

Plus the two stabbin were both 26.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
SLEEP PAINTING. Haha, i'd want her to live at my house. Wake up one day, and your house was painted for free!

I liked the terrorist sleep the most, can you imagine the confusion that guy had when he finally awoke! Passengers have quite a story to tell.

I do think half of the cases were caused by ambien. I wonder how a pill could alter your sleep to do these strange things.

Plus the two stabbin were both 26.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ambien seems to cause the same brain patterns as are seen in hypnotic trances - but your body is at the will of your dreaming sub-conscious mind.

The possibilities of your potential actions are terrifying - you have no sense of inhibition / constraint or social responsibility.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was on ambien about 4 years ago. I took it for a week or two and that was it. It was so odd and I did not like how it made me feel. I woke up one morning to find a full steak dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans next to me on my night stand. I did not make that before I went to bed and my bf was at work. I went into the kitchen and found dishes and the left overs in the fridge. That was not the only time I cooked in my sleep I guess you could say. Another time I guess I was online chatting through IM to a friend of mine. I do not remember it. The next day he told me and said I was saying some weird off the wall stuff. He thought I was drunk but I wasnt. My bf's mom was on ambien as well and she would call us and not remember anything about the conversation the next day. One time she called and said she hadnt talked to us in days when in fact we talked to her the night before for about 30mins. I do not like this stuff period. I have had insomnia my entire life. I only took it because I was working two jobs and going to school and I was exhausted. The ambien made me feel sleepy as heck the next day and I never felt fully rested. Anytime anyone tells me they are going to get this I always advise them not to. I do feel this is a very dangerous medication.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about that -

There is a law suit against them - You ought to tag on!

LINK

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Don't use ambien. Try melatonin, it has worked wonders for me. It increases your sensitivity to light, so when you're in a dark room, you feel tired.

join