It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange u2u behavior

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

You don't get alerted when someone makes you a friend, actually. But I think that should be done too.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Right you are, I forgot you only get them for Foes. Thanks for the correction!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Erm....Please see above. I said I'm NOT on his/her list. We don't know each other and have had nothing to do with each other. I know what the list is and why it's there. In this case I was send erroneous information by the system. I was asking for clarification.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Is that for certain? That is the answer I always heard and believed as well but sometimes 'auto' u2u's would show up as non bolded like applause and I can't imagine anyone having access to read those. Is it certain a non bolded subject line represents something that has been read?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't know from "certain" about much. I can read u2us I receive and they won't go un-bold. I receive u2us I haven't read and they aren't bold. I do know it has nothing to do with applauses or auto u2us. I do know if someone fouls up the capitalization on a u2u recipient's name, the u2u light won't go off when you read it. Sometimes if you go to your outbox and reread a message you've sent before the recipient has opened it, it'll cause the message to look like it's already been read by the recipient when they look in their in-box.

There used to be a glitch in the ATS on-line store (coffee mugs and t-shirts and such, not the member points deal) that would always flash the u2u light whenever you went there. And like a rat in a Skinner box, I'd go back to my u2us to see what was there. Nothing. Back to the store ~light~ back to u2u nothing. Back and forth back and forth. You'd think I'd learn, or maybe you wouldn't. Anyway, that particular bug seems to be fixed.

I can't explain the why of any of it. Stuff happens, maybe?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I got a u2u informing me that mimer has added me as his foe. I don't know mimer and I'm not on his foes list.

It's possible that mimer foed you by accident and then removed you from his/her foe list before you got the U2U. Perhaps you should just send mimer an U2U and ask if that is what happened?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
My u2u button is still red.... WHY?

Mods? Help...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Probably people can't see you're online. Can't bother you. Nice. If you have a lot of friends.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My u2u button is still red...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

ML, read THIS post by Yeah Right.

What causes that, I believe, is when people send you a u2u with the wrong capitilization in your name. For instance, if someone sent you a u2u with 'Mr-Lizard' instead of mr-lizard, then you're light will not turn off.

Also look closely at your non bolded u2u's. It's possible you think you read one when you did not.

Deleting the 'stuck' u2u will clear the issue for your entire inbox. If you don't know which u2u is causing the problem, then you need to clear out your inbox and the light will turn off.

Let me know if any of the above works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join