It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange u2u behavior

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Has u2u programming changed?

I went to member Center, clicked on u2u, and an empty compose box came up (as expected), but in the To: field was my username!

Why would I send a u2u to myself?

So I clicked on Compose again, and again it filled in my username in the To: field.

Strange...

Of course, I can clear out my name and fill in the intended recipient, but it's strange.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Been happening to me for ages. Not sure why either and yes seems odd I would send myself a u2u.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Same thing happens to me.

I've noticed it off and on for weeks now.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So what does it mean when mine says to "-1"?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
that happened to mine before it started filling in my name. And this has been going on for months.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Report from the perimeter:

And the u2u button is lit up but my inbox has been read....mmmm....

I've noticed this a time or two of late...

Peace

End report.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hah! Too funny. I've been having that happen, but I've never been motivated enough to ask the question.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's the forum ghost, I had one on another forum.

Haunted forums

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Oh, now I might have an answer for that one. If someone sends you a u2u and clicks on it in their out box to read it again before you open it, it will appear in your in box as though you've already read it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Really? Is that's what's causing it? I hadn't even thought of that as a possibility to my u2u's not being lit up... Aha. Makes sense...

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thanks so much for the insight. So....mmmmm.....any suggestions on how to figure out which one someone else has opened before moi and then it would follow that if I open it from my end the light would turn off? The ghost is in figuring out which one shows read but is hiding its true identity of unread.....or am I completely confused....yep. Hahaha....thanks for the continued help for the needy who like to keep some old u2us for reference...ok several of them. Bandwidth (ab)user....

Confession...no I never take the time to hit save (I'm going to do that now) I just keep them in the inbox.....

Peace

[edit on 31-3-2009 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

The light thing is a whole other deal. If your u2u light stays lit, you need to clean out your in box by either saving or deleting your u2us in your in box. Just move 'em to saved and you can delete the ones you don't want at your leisure. That is, assuming you have leisure.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I've been having a strangeness as well. Turns out some of my U2Us have not been getting through and visa versa. They now have to be followed up by 'did you get it' u2us. Is this due to the size of the note? I spent some points on increasing the size but yet, it still happens. Is this due to content size? Usually when I tell the sending member that I did not receive and they re-send....I get it. Ghosts in the machiene indeed!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have sent myself numerous U2Us.
Im just never sure if Im suppose to answer myself? Would it be rude to ignore me?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Not if you first add yourself to your Foes list.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I seem to have an invisible u2u.

Can't find it, but my u2u box is lit up.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Not if you first add yourself to your Foes list.

Well, I can not seem to foe myself. But a few times, I have almost Alerted myself. Guess subconsciously I felt staff needed to be warned of me

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I'd say something about applauding yourself, but nothing good can come from that.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I have sent myself numerous U2Us.
Im just never sure if Im suppose to answer myself? Would it be rude to ignore me?

I wanted to try FORWARDING a u2u to myself, but was afraid that it would go into an endless loop and fill up my inbox.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that i too had the U2U light stuck on... then when i followed the advice here to save and delete some posts, it's back to normal. Many thanks for the pointer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join