It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yob Jailed For Life Over Jimmy Mizen Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yob Jailed For Life Over Jimmy Mizen Murder

news.sky. com

A teenage "yob" who killed schoolboy Jimmy Mizen by hurling an oven dish at him in a London bakery has been jailed for life.

Fahri (L) killed Jimmy by throwing a glass dish at him

The 16-year-old victim bled to death after a one-and-a-half-inch shard of glass cut blood vessels in his neck, in May, 2008.

Jake Fahri, 19, of Lee, south London, admitted throwing the dish but denied murder.

He claimed he was acting in self-defence after a row broke out in the Three Cooks Bakery in Lee - but an Old Bailey jury rejected his version of events.

Jake Fahri is from an entirely different world - a yob, part of society that we all abhor.

Detective Chief Inspector Cliff Lyons

The verdict sparked an emotional statement from Jimmy's father Barry, 57, outside the court.

He said Britain was rapidly changing from a place of civility and fairness to a "country of anger, of selfishness and of fear".

"It doesn't have to be like this," he said. "Let's together try and stop it."

Detective Chief Inspector Cliff Lyons said: "Jimmy Mizen is an individual that we all aspire to have a son like.

"Jake Fahri is from an entirely different world - a yob, part of society that we all abhor."

The Mizen family outside court

Fahri, who was said to have an uncontrollable temper, showed no emotion as he was found guilty of murdering Jimmy the day after his 16th birthday.

He left the dock calling to his weeping mother: "I'll be all right mum, I'll be all right."

The court had heard how blood had squirted from Jimmy's neck and covered the bakery shop like a scene from a horror film.

Jimmy staggered into a back room where, 15 seconds later, his older brother Tommy, 27, found him.

As Jimmy was hit by the glass, Fahri swaggered from the shop with a triumphant grin on his face, according to witnesses.

Jimmy Photo Tribute
Jimmy Mizen's family pay tribute in pictures to their 'gentle giant'.

Fahri, 5ft 7in, had not wanted to lose face after picking a row with 6ft 2in and 14st Jimmy, who friends described as a gentle giant.

Jimmy, who had gone to the shop to buy sausage rolls, had stood his ground when Fahri had rudely demanded he get out of his way.

He was one of nine children in what was described as a loving family.

By contrast, Fahri had taken part in two robberies and one burglary before he was 16.

A few months before attacking Jimmy, he had just finished an 18-month period of supervision for slapping and kicking a girl at a bus stop.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A colleague on temporary assignment in our UK branch sent me this article.

It's of interest not so much because a young British lad was murdered by the half savage son of a Turkish immigrant, but because of the sentence, 15 years for murder, you're kidding right?

You really do have to wonder about the poor old UK these days, if this had happened here (and it does) the killer would have died in prison - guaranteed. In the UK it's a sentence of 15 years and likely out in 7 with good behavior.

I'm stunned, but hey, I guess they like it that way.

news.sky. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

You really do have to wonder about the poor old UK these days, if this had happened here (and it does) the killer would have died in prison - guaranteed. In the UK it's a sentence of 15 years and likely out in 7 with good behavior.

I don't understand. It says in the article and in the headline you posted that the offender was jailed for life. As he should have been.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by Retseh

I don't understand. It says in the article and in the headline you posted that the offender was jailed for life. As he should have been.

"Life" out here in the United Kingdom, *rarely* ever means life, without so much as bail. The sentencing here in the UK is ridiculous and although I do not agree with the Death Penalty (mainly because death is actually too good for some of these a$$holes that run around nowadays) - 15yrs with a possible bail out, in half that is ludicrous.

And although, given the fact he was sentenced for 'Murder' and not 'Manslaughter' as he didn't actually *intend* to kill Mizen; he threw something in his general direction which shattered, thus killing him - 15yrs still isn't enough IMO.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by A55A551N]

[edit on 31-3-2009 by A55A551N]

new topics

top topics

join