It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France is threatening G20 walkout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

France is threatening G20 walkout

news.bbc.co.uk

video shortage
Christine Lagarde says France is prepared to walk away

France will walk away from this week's G20 summit if its demands for stricter financial regulation are not met, the finance minister has told the BBC.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
ok first thing how short is this vid and i cant find the full interview anywhere.

second
"the deliverables" what are they, they say 'that france want sronger global financial regulator than the US and the UK would like.' how is that called a deliverables, nothings being delivered or do they really mean something else.

and last "Leaders meeting in London must supply the oxygen of confidence to today's global economy and give people in all of our countries renewed hope for the future," Mr Brown said.
in other words you must feed them gas and lie to keep the people hopeful for something that wont come. i hate you mr brown

dont forget this came from bbc so is rubbish for info and facts and this is the most watch news in england. and why does obama think were gonna shot him so far he's not supposedly pissed us off like bush, is he scared or sacred?

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have heard this elsewhere.

So France isn't the good guys here.

France and Germany want a global regulation system while we want one that is nation to nation based.

Let's hope that the anti-American sentiment doesn't rise so that the rest of the world doesn't agree on a global-regulatory system that will lead to the new world order.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwannaseethisshipgodown
second
"the deliverables" what are they, they say 'that france want stronger global financial regulator than the US and the UK would like.' how is that called a deliverables, nothings being delivered or do they really mean something else.

news.bbc.co.uk

Might have gotten your post from the wrong end but I believe 'deliverables' means in this context, agreements that will actually result in something happening, ie the old saying 'He sure delivered the goods on that one' ie there was a tangible result.

Basically France wants some actual results from this meeting rather than lots of talk and nothing but empty promises afterwards or unresolved 'we'll deal with it next time's or worse nothing but the current status quo. While I dont like France all that much, I think its good their getting serious about it all and demanding others do also.

As for Browns comment I think people are getting just a little paranoid as to reading between the lines, sure healthy distrust is good but blind paranoia isnt. Sure odd choice of words (just sounds like he was trying to be smart or original), but id say he was trying to say the world leaders need to supply the much needed oxygen to the fires of the world economy to get em burning bright once more... or something like that.

Then again maybe im not paranoid enough
.. if I got your post out of context then I apologises .

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would suggest that the brevity of the clip is telling.

Why would such draconian editing of an interview be necessary. What is the content that you are not supposed to see courtesy of the BBC?

The whole thing will surface soon enough (I hope) and we will be better able to concentrate of what was removed from the news piece..., and why.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I believe that G-20 is a bad flop - and friday will be chaos in markets...

We aint in the bottom yet, but we will be heading there...

USA can solve their credit crises and fix budget by selling Obamas signatures in EBay stores to European fans. He is more than superstar - sad and greatest joke of our brainwashed times.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This what I have trouble grasping.

If a G-7 summit can't accomplish much, how do they expect a G-20 to fair any better?

IMO, this meeting is nothing more than a dog and pony show to make it look like they are trying to do something.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
This what I have trouble grasping.

If a G-7 summit can't accomplish much, how do they expect a G-20 to fair any better?

IMO, this meeting is nothing more than a dog and pony show to make it look like they are trying to do something.

Well, I think for one thing, they assume that since the G20 is comprised of Central Bank CEO's and Governors as well as our respective government "leaders", it was the forum of choice. They - meaning the world 'leaders' - are allowing the financial industry to become a political force in and of itself.

Frankly, the G20 is the embodiment of the surrender of all nations to the effect that the international banks are a sovereign nation unto themselves. Plus they hold ALL the cards, threatening economic apocalypse if we don't acquiesce to their power demands, as well as their continued 'entitlement' of bleeding the global population's wealth into their pockets.

The web they have woven over the world is truly tangled into our political parties, and national institutions. No one, not even those who claim to stand opposed to such things, are lifting a finger to stop it.

Groups like the G20 are tantamount to creating a financial 'court' where the currently 'transnational' (global) banking cartel is becoming a defacto 'supranational' cartel...., anyone ever read Dune? They are like the spice guild. Herbert was almost a prophet.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sarkozy first told that more or less off the record, but now he just sends Lagarde to spread the word worldwide...

I don't think that's for fun : there are true tensions now here in France, and while Sarko recently presented local measures that happened to be far less effective in fact than announced, he now tries to litterally make a big deal from the G20 submit. The clash will probably happen, given the predictable (or not ?) US position.

Add to this the infamous, absurdous, so sudden NATO integration of late, - then taste the Mayonnaise...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i think it is important to remember that the well being of the US dollar is directly tied to it being the global standard currency.

as such it is without a doubt our responsibility to participate in global regulation of markets and monetary issues, at least to a degree.

we are dependent on other countries trusting in our currency enough to continue to use it, because if they stop the current crisis will look like a guest visit to the bozo the clown show (trying to be original like mr brown, did it work?).

I also agree that the g-7 did not amount to much of anything, and for that reason i salute (heh, its french, get it?) the french for trying to bring some gravity to the situation. something must be done, and it most be done globally as this is a global issue. one can not be for 'free markets' which directly equal globalization and against having global regulation of some form for the markets.

At the same time, with the current form of the US Treasury I can clearly see why this makes people nervous. Still something must be done to prevent total melt down. I know all the fans of their BOBs for when SHTF are into it, but the bottom line is a LOT of people will end up dying, and we don't want that, or do we?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

What did you think they were planning?

This is perfect lead in to a globally managed economy. Europe up in arms over the US decisions, they will convince other nations to pressure the US and then Obama can play in the ignorance card and say " I didn't have a choice".

This is all just furthering of the Agenda. I don't really expect much out of the G20 this time around. I'm sure it will just be a bunch of finger pointing and arguing back and forth right up until China suggests global currency and then all hell will break loose.

Let the French scream all they want. I'm Acadian and we do complain quite a bit, but this is just well...silly.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As they are walking out, tell them their slip is showing.

Of course, they are probable right about the financial thingy. But it's still fun to make fun of them.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well I say let them walk out if in fact that's the case.
They can listen to the crickets in the parking lot while the G-19 talk business at the grown ups table.!

[edit on 31-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i alluded to this in my first post, but based on others comments i will say it again, and more clearly.

we are currently caught between two extremes of thought and action.

on one hand you have those pushing for less government regulation and thus a more laisser faire ~ 'free market'.

on the other hand you have those who seek more regulation and control of these markets.

However, there is a catch-22 inherent in both of these philosophies.

If we push for less regulation, each country develops a much larger ability to impact other countries financially. The USA doubly so because our currency is currently the global standard and what happens here will impact them there.

At the same time we are dependent on others to continue to use our money as the standard because that is currently what props it up.

So should we really believe our actions should not be subject to global regulation of some form?

Do we truly fear the technocrat so much that we can not trust them to ensure the benefit of all those involved?

If not what are we going to do? When things continue to go down the toilet other nations are going to dump the dollar and then what?

And if we push for MORE regulation what happens then? Will we all get swindled by the the technocrats?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
also think theres a chance of them doing another 911 this week, as for some reason the terror threat had been going up so bbc said. so this is a prime time for them to stage a little show for the people. is war just around the corner. north korea say any touches them its war japan you launch it near are air space will shoot it. happening next week.
thats not a pridiction its an idea. any agree

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

top topics

join