It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the missing people??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You know when you are looking for something, and you can't find it? Well, then you go a little while later and look for something else, and stumble across the first thing you were looking for earlier? We've all done it! We've all had that AHA moment when you see something and say to yourself, "Hey, I was looking for this!" Why doesn't the same apply to missing persons? Think about it. When a search party goes out (and usually it is a BIG search party covering several places and looking over, under and around everything purposefully looking for one person) why don't they find other missing people? I mean, it's like Murphy's Law or something in everyday life, why not in this situation? For example, you hear that search crews have found remains and are being sent for analysis. The body they find, it seems like, is always the ones they are looking for, never anyone else that has been missing (and couldn't be found before). I mean with all the thousands of people that have gone missing in the history of time, why aren't we finding more "by accident"? You never hear, "oh, they were looking for Tammy and found Jake from five years ago". Do you think this would be a strong arguement for abduction? That the people weren't "missing" to begin with? Simply gone?

[edit on 31-3-2009 by scrubsnstuffkim]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Actually, long-missing bodies are found by accident all the time. Just a week or so ago, the remains of a girl who had been missing for many years was found by a hunter.

It happens.

Too bad for families that it's not frequently enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Due to the numbers involved, we actually do not have a precise world population number. Its impossible. so much movement of people all over the world. People disappear, and people come out of nowhere also. People with no papers, no background, they show up also. Where do they come from?

The world is a big place, i think, the world swallows people whole, and spits others back out.

just a thought

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A girl in Montreal went missing in December. They found her body the other day, in her car, in an alley, in Montreal, downtown. People noticed the car there, but nobody checked it out. It had snow on it, but was never completely covered. A construction worker noticed somebody "sleeping in the car", the next day it was still there (car) and the person was in same position, so he went to the car.

Church across the street, business around, people noticed the car, How come the police never found the car. They were searching for it. It was just sitting there in an alley. Montreal is not THAT big, I was there for 9 years, I know the area the car was found. Fxxxing sad. 25 years old

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It happens all the time. I had a friend who's father went missing with his airplane. There was a huge amount of searching for months. Nothing. Then a year later he was found by a hunter. He crashed into a mountain in poor weather, and he was in a very remote part of the Gila wilderness. (where they were searching).

There are also people that are missing because they don't want to be found.

There are people who are missing, that are gone, meaning there is no part of their body left to be found, it happens. It can be done by nature, and also by human forces.

Emila Airhardt (spelling) is one that may never be found.

They found Steve Faucett.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/049faff41eb9.gif[/atsimg]

We all have to do our part...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Millions of people disappear every year!

ATS Thread already here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Granted, I figure it happens occasionally, but with the numbers of people (kids and adults) that have gone missing over time, it just seems like it should be happening all the time, or atleast more often than we hear about.

By the way, thanks for the input!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think they're abducted for human experimentation, or satanic human sacrifice.

There's been more than a few mass-dissapearances, like Roanoke island and such.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skewbuh

Did they ever figure out why the only thing left was Croatoan carved in a tree at Roanoke?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Millions disappear every year within the United States alone, and a disproportionate number I dare say occur in remote locales such as Alaska. They had an entire rafting expedition disappear in Southern Alaska (Near Katmai) a year or so back, and they say it happens quite often, especially with tourists. Sometimes, if fortunate enough (for the searchers that is), they will find a washed up body part down river from such incidents later on. Often times, such disappearances are due to Bear attacks, and wildlife predation. That is also another reason for why bodies and skeletal remains are so difficult to find in general.

top topics

join