It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama fired GM's CEO now hes going after the bank's big men!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Obama fired GM's CEO now hes going after the bank's big men!

www.businessandmedia.org

“Look, the main concern here today is Geithner’s comments that some banks are going to need a lot more capital,” Pisani said. “And for everybody who says why haven’t they fired anymore bank CEOs yet – why hasn’t the government done it, wait – they’re going to.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here it comes, the “land grabs” in the form of bail outs, the government has been doing on all the private financial institutions in our country, are going to finally pay off. Now we have a president who is going to run our banks and private industries from the oval office. We ask ourselves, “why?” Because he can! Because he thinks he is the chosen one who will lead us out of the desert and into the promised-land! The absolute arrogance of this man is becoming crystal clear. Our freedoms will become less and less in the days ahead. The last I checked, it’s the job of the shareholders of a company such as GM to make changes in that company, and not the government’s responsibility. We should have never bailed out GM, there were those who screamed it would not work and it hasn’t. There were those who pleaded not to bail out the banks, they cried it wouldn’t work, and it hasn’t. Sadly the results though of those bail outs are that the government now can call the shots on private industry, shape corporate leadership to what and who they think it should be, and we… we just sit here watching a train wreck take place… we watch as our most sacred values begin to unravel and diminish.

www.businessandmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

What you need to check now and all of us American citizens is with whom the government will be replacing this CEOs.

That will be the best way to see the agenda behind the government take over.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You know something though Im sick of everyone saying oohh look the evil governments going to run all these banks and auto companies. Heres an idea why do these companies go ask the government for money then? I mean these banks and auto companies could easily say I dont want your money Ill work out our debts through bankruptcy. Our corporate leaders are spineless welfare victims who love the government cheese. Instead of leading their companies out of the hole through hard work and taking their lumps like men they go and beg the government for bailouts. These COMPANIES are asking for this and If I was AIG I wouldnt of accepted the government money same with GM. I would of said Ill work it out in Chapter 11 leave me alone. That is America.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
But what you need to remember is that many institutions didn’t want the bail outs and were pressured to take them, and now we can see why they were pressured to accept the generosity of our government. Also, this move by the current administration is the first time in history when a sitting president has done such a thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Kind of gives one a warm and friendly feeling.
"Take this money to forestall any stigma of ill will toward the banks that gladly accepted bailout funds." Suckers! Fooled ya. HAHAHAHAHA!

My housemate received a statement from Chase, which absorbed WaMu, his credit card issuer. Chase tacked on a balance transfer fee of $35, as well as, other "fees", totaling $75. This is ludicrous! Out right robbery, theft, usury, you name it.

I paid my balance off over two years ago, and have not used any credit card for at least that amount of time. I am waiting for Chase Bank to send me a statement. I have not received one since the one that showed a ZERO balance.
I am anticipating a statement that reflects my non-use, and charge me a fee to keep the M/C and VISA cards I carry.
Hopefully, they will recognize that my other account balances are significant enough that another bank would love to have me as a customer.

If not, another one WILL.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
But what you need to remember is that many institutions didn’t want the bail outs and were pressured to take them, and now we can see why they were pressured to accept the generosity of our government. Also, this move by the current administration is the first time in history when a sitting president has done such a thing.

Pressured eh? No the government told them if you dont take the money then dont come ask us later. Whats the matter with that? Whats the matter with saying your on your own if you dont take our help? THEY ARE WELFARE VICTIMS!!!! They love that government cheese. Then you hear them say oh well pay this money back we dont want to be owned by the government and how much have they paid back? None and why? Because they cant because they NEED the money. No one is forcing these guys to take the government welfare. They could do it the American way but they choose to accept the government cheese.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
some one Tried to explain to me today why it was we had to bail out the Banks and IAG, because of the people who had investments would loose everthing. What I dont understand why didnt the government Bail out those people and let the company go under?

Americans would have lost alot of savings, but waite they allready have, had the government chose to help them instead of the banks we would be better off.

In GMs case well the company is going to tank anyhow unless people start buying cars, so we just waisted all of that money!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do not forget about Barny Frank wanting control of the salaries of the people who work for these companies
www.washingtonexaminer.c... om/politics/Beyond-AIG-A-Bill-to-let-Big-Government-Set-Your-Salary-42158597.html

So now the government can say who gets a job, at what rate they will be paid, and with the "special" tax on the bonuses they also control how much money each person gets to keep, and with the patriot act the government can do most anything else they would need to do to control all other aspects of your life. Lest we forget that they are gearing up for a gun grab. Next will be new sweeping "decency" laws that restrict content of all forms of media. You know for the good of the people.
I think we have seen this before, it's called a dictatorship; or in our case an oligarchy...
and so many people said the Patriot Act made Bush a dictator.

I know we are not there yet, but we are getting closer to the edge and every time they pass a law that infringes on our rights the slope get steeper and more slippery.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What did anyone expect? Did anyone thing that the government handed out this money from the goodness of their hearts? Yeah right. This was a power-grab all along and this particular government is digging its claws into private industry faster than I ever thought possible.

Oh well, at least they're just going after rich people. No one likes them anyway. I just wonder who is next on the list? Don't worry...they'll get around to *you* sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

What did anyone expect? Did anyone thing that the government handed out this money from the goodness of their hearts? Yeah right. This was a power-grab all along and this particular government is digging its claws into private industry faster than I ever thought possible.

Exactly my point above. Americans need to realize that nothing comes for free. When you accept that money you have just sold your soul to the devil. But our corporate leaders are nothing but welfare victims. They would rather get government welfare and get big checks than take some lumps and fix the situations on their own. There are a lot of banks that didnt accept government welfare and now they arent beheld to the government. I dont feel sorry for any of these banksters who took the government cheese. They have not paid their FDIC insurance, paid really much in taxes, took HUGE losses, funneled all sorts of money to themselves and their friends, and now looking for government welfare, and they expect the government not to take over their lives and companies....yeah right.....

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I agree with a lot of what you said. However, when a lot of these companies got their first bailout, it was based on the terms congress and the treasury laid out. Everything was done by the books. Then the companies started spending money on things that maybe they shouldn't have, but under the terms it was a legal transaction.

Then suddenly it turned to outrage for ordinary Americans and politicians jumped on the bandwagon. I promise you that IF Americans hadn't spoken out Congress would have never made such a big fuss over.

Then politicians started trashing certain companies/people, making threats, calling for lawsuits, telling CEO's to resign etc. etc. This is where I draw the line.

It is one thing for government to lay down all its stipulation beforehand, but to keep changing the rules of the game as time goes on is ludicrous.

The government should put it all in one neat package and any company that takes the money has to live by those stipulations. IMO, the government is wrong to harass, target, bully, or threaten any company because of their own incompetence.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by mybigunit

I agree with a lot of what you said. However, when a lot of these companies got their first bailout, it was based on the terms congress and the treasury laid out. Everything was done by the books. Then the companies started spending money on things that maybe they shouldn't have, but under the terms it was a legal transaction.

Then suddenly it turned to outrage for ordinary Americans and politicians jumped on the bandwagon. I promise you that IF Americans hadn't spoken out Congress would have never made such a big fuss over.

Then politicians started trashing certain companies/people, making threats, calling for lawsuits, telling CEO's to resign etc. etc. This is where I draw the line.

It is one thing for government to lay down all its stipulation beforehand, but to keep changing the rules of the game as time goes on is ludicrous.

The government should put it all in one neat package and any company that takes the money has to live by those stipulations. IMO, the government is wrong to harass, target, bully, or threaten any company because of their own incompetence.

The fact is the Congress passed these bailouts even though the Americans were against it 300 to 1 so what do you expect the Americans to do when they not only have to give up all sorts of money to bail out failed firms but to see our money going to pay millions in bonuses and billions of money to foreign banks and other entities. These companies could of avoided all of this by not accepting the welfare. Everyone knows that when you accept government cheese you are selling your soul to the devil.

Im sorry I dont feel sorry for any of these banks. As I stated above they havent been paying their taxes or very little, they havent been paying their FDIC insurance, they have been taking billions of taxpayer dollars and funneling it to their friends and other banks, I mean I can go on and on Im sorry youll get no sympathy from me when it comes to the banks they put themselves in this situation then they went hat in had begging for welfare. They sold their soul and now its time to pay the piper.

Edit to Add

Here is an example of the fraud I am talking about that has been going on....

market-ticker.denninger.net...
archives/916-Yoo-Hoo!-Yes,-Mr.-Cop-Over-THERE!-AIG.html

[edit on 31-3-2009 by mybigunit]

[edit on 31-3-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I have to say that i agree with you about the fact that the government should have to stick to the terms that the congress laid out in the beginning, they can't just go around changing the terms whenever they want to. The bank of Florida and others have pulled their TARP applications because the terms of the loans have changed so much. There are other banks that say they never applied for the money, that it just showed up and now they have to have approval to give it back.

Sure we all knew what the government was really after, but apparently the banks didn't. They must have believed Bush when he said " These measures are not meant to take over the free market, but rather to help it".

Not that i feel sorry for them, i think they should have let them fix their own mess, just like we have to, sink or swim. However i do think that the government should have to stick to their original terms.

top topics

join