It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The G20 protest thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
G20 protesters have started a fire near the Bank of England in the City of London.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
lol... they where singing "London bridge is burning down" while doing it, then shouted to burn the bank down..

Kind of surprised RBS was not protected, The Bank of England was so well protected they even put an entire statue in a wooden protective case in front of the building.

And that hastag link doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It does, there are just a lot of people accessing it. Refresh a few times if it says the server isn't responding.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here's an idea of what to expect tomorrow:

Thursday, April 2
:: Early hours: G20 Meltdown says it is planning to bang on hotel doors at the Excel centre or keep delegates awake in some way.
:: 7am: G20 Meltdown are planning to disrupt trading at the Stock Exchange with a giant game of Monopoly featuring "backhanders, piggybacking, back-stabbing, swindles and scams".
:: 9am: A Youth March for Jobs sets off from Camberwell Green on route to the Excel centre, via the Bank of England.
:: 11am: Stop the War Coalition will gather at Canning Town for a march to the Excel centre and is asking protestors to bring "shoes, baby dolls, photos and other symbols of the death and destruction wreaked by the world's leaders".
:: Several groups will converge on the Excel centre to hold actions throughout the day.

From Sky News

Looks like the Excel center is going to be ground zero for the majority of protesters tomorrow as the summit starts. Of course, that is if they can even get anywhere near the Center.

I also worry about what will happen if they don't eventually let people out of the corral they have them in now. A long day of protesting makes people thirsty, hungry and tired which makes people desperate and angry. I wonder if they plan on keeping everyone corralled over night to keep them from the summit tomorrow

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
confava.com...

Obama managed to offend thousands of people at the G20 Summit by attempting a joke that didn't go over well. Thousands of protesters have been detained and Obama himself was physically attacked.

The riots broke out after Obama made a comment during his speech about the Queen and tried to give her an iPod, but no one seemed to laugh. While some people in the room were genuinely offended, others took advantage of the mood to jump on Obama in the name of the Queen.

Once hands were laid on Obama, others began defending the president, and the roughly 40,000 protesters outside of the G20 Summit began getting violent. Troops were called in to calm the crowd and were forced to zip-tie thousands of protesters. Tanks eventually hit the streets, but it didn't phase protesters who weren't planning on moving any time soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Ha! You had me going there for a moment!

He would never get so close to the action.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Hell, I had MYSELF there for a moment.

It was a damn good April Fools joke.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join