It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving the Hollow Earth Theory Wrong...and Why Google Earth Should Not be Taken as a Satellite Imag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Wait, that thing between the Ronne Ice Shelf and Berkner Island looks like a pretty nasty alien to me.

Just sayin' ...

[/quot

Dont you know anything S-Dog, its actually a Nazi submarine, with a death ray, controlled remotely by Hitlers preserved brain, hidden on Nibiru in a secret reptilian base

ummmh........
U never know

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
A lot of people use the Hollow Earth theory in their stories about Reptilians living in an underworld, or another race, who are responsible for flying saucers, even Nazi bases.

I'm not going to dismiss any of the above, I will dismiss the idea of the entire Earth having a completely Hollow interior, sorry not possible, until another piece of the Physics puzzle is found that supports it anyhow, which is very possible, funny how we only know about things after they are discovered huh?

As for the Reptilians Nazi's Flying saucers, well they are possible also, but not in a Hollow Earth as is misunderstood, there are thousands of cave systems all over the planet, a lot of them lead into enormous caverns, some of which you could get St Pauls Cathedral in London inside, those are just the tip of the iceberg, lots of evidence could support even bigger caverns inside the Earth, with the right conditions and Technology, survival is possible.

But those are just what know, the Earth is a huge place just in it's Diameter, imagine what could really be down there, Caverns the size of a small country perhaps, there are theories of ancient civilisations, a lot ask where did they go? if they did have advanced technology, then it's very possible they went Underground, to survive the many E.L.E's that have been proven to have happened over Billions of years, we talk now about going underground just for 2012, without proof anything will happen, like many many Legends that have passed down the ages, they went down, the only possible escape from extinction, are they still there?

Hollow Earth aside, just how Hollow does it have to be to support a Civilisation, perhaps the Hopi know, that's where they came from, according to their History and Legend, lets of other Legends of beings who live in Cities beneath the Earth, and those people didn't have access to the internet to hear other theories, or conspiracy sites to taint their stories, IMO the whole Hollow Earth scenario, was deliberately blown to insane heights, to distract from those stories, and make the whole idea sound foolish and insane.

But if you use the fact we know Caverns exist, and they might be just the tip of the iceberg as to size, with a little imagination, and an open mind, then it really isn't that much more insane than BigFoot, or ruins on the Moon, maybe even Living creatures being what we call UFO's, the Atmosphere is again a huge part of Earth, with low oxygen needs, a creature could live up there just like they live 5 Miles down beneath the Oceans.

Turn down the scale of theories, and they don't look so insane.

[edit on 1/4/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

This thread is a valuable balance to those threads which make wild speculation regarding Google Earth's sometimes faulty or misinterpreted images. However, the title of the thread, "Proving the Hollow Earth Theory Wrong..." is certainly an overstatement and itsself misleading. This may be a goal of the OP, but this thread has done nothing to fulfill this project of proving Hollow Earth Theory wrong.

To debunk is an honorable cause in the course of reasoned debate towards the ultimate goal of finding truth. To prove a concept in error is almost impossible without an extensive and exhaustive scientific study. Wheather "Hollow Earth Theory" is right or wrong is still to be determined......

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by amigo
In closing this rant...to the OP and the supporters, and everyone else: instead of pretending to be experts in anything, why not start an open minded discussion and first and foremost admit that you do not know anything about the subject, but have all the right and honest intentions of finding out.

That would earn you far more credibility and acceptance than starting a pissing contest.

Posting photos that belong to someone else and were taken by a satellite that belongs to someone else, which was built from the equipment that belongs to someone else, and was launched into orbit by someone else means you are placing your trust into someone else's hands, and that is your primary mistake and downfall.

Thanks.

IMHO what you said has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
We all regurgitate what we have learned. In fact, every word you wrote is regurgitated from what you have learned.

Relax guy, or girl, we are here to learn, share information, and maybe have a little fun with it along the way.

If you let things like this bother you to the point that you feel a need to offer your divine intervention to change and educate us, then I feel sorry for your arteries and heart. I sense a stroke or heart attack in the making.

Admiral Byrd's account may not be credible, but it's worth examining.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

[edit on 1/4/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sfen Senterra
But what about admiral Byrd?
Was he so high that he thought that he was taken to the centre of the earth by flying discs??

Admiral Bird never made those statements its from a secret diary he was said to have, however apparently his family knew nothing about it. And there is nothing linking it to him other than a website that will sell you a copy. If you like to see real documents from him ohio state unversity has real journals and diaries.

[edit on 4/1/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

dude there is nothing in antartica, you're just feeding your paranoia, the earth is not hollow, it would cave in on itself if it was. Freakin re re you type of people make me mad, y'all just want to find the most redicuolous things to believe the ingorantly argue over them.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Admiral Rird never made those statements its from a secret diary he was said to have, however apparently his family knew nothing about it. And there is nothing linking it to him other than a website that will sell you a copy. If you like to see real documents from him ohio state unversity has real journals and diaries.

You don't get to be an Admiral by being stupid. He would have kept a separate and secret diary to protect himself from ridicule if he actually experienced these things. So I see nothing strange in his family not knowing about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

For real I'm tired of this bs. Why would there be a big wall of concrete in antartica. There isn't. What proof do you have of this? None because there isn't one. And the Earth isn't hollow. It would cave in on itself. This is some of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard of. The guy shows you pictures and you still say that Google Earth is right and that there is a concrete wall in antartica. where did you hear this? for real? there earth would cave in on itself if it was hollow and there wouldn't be earthquaks or volcanos if the earth was hollow

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There has to be a hollow earth, as I saw the movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth", and it was in 3D!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

I'm sorry, I have posted in English. Apparently you comprehend very little of this language. I suppose I'll say it for the 5th time in this thread. I don't believe in the hollow earth theory.

At first, I considered posting my actual argument here, but decided in the end, you wouldn't understand it anyway. If you think you can, then by all means, go back to page one, and read the frakkin' thread.

Oh, and the motto is Deny ignorance, not Define Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
reply to post by Unit541

dude there is nothing in antartica, you're just feeding your paranoia, the earth is not hollow, it would cave in on itself if it was. Freakin re re you type of people make me mad, y'all just want to find the most redicuolous things to believe the ingorantly argue over them.

Why would the earth cave in? If the crust was 800 miles thick the force of gravity would be coming from the center of mass which would be in the center of crust. Centrifugal force created by the earth's rotation would also work to keep the crust from collapsing.

PS: I'm a bad speller so I downloaded google tool bar because it has a spell checker built in....I suggest you do the same....using words like redicuolous and ingorantly seem to loose there intended effect when not spelled correctly.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Oh, and the motto is Deny ignorance, not Define Ignorance.

It would be ignorant to try and defy ignorance without first defining ignorance.

Can you prove the earth is not hollow?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Dont you know anything S-Dog, its actually a Nazi submarine, with a death ray, controlled remotely by Hitlers preserved brain, hidden on Nibiru in a secret reptilian base

Y'know, you claim in your OP that you have proven nothing has been hidden in Antarctica. You didn't. For a scholar, you're idea of what constitutes "proof" is pretty skewed. You've done nothing but provide an explanation of why you don't think there is anything hidden. Yet, you openly mock others who bring an open mind to the topic.

If you are refering to that comment I made to S-dog, we are kind of friends on here, and we were both bneing sarcastic. And yes I guess my Op is kind of a bit of center. It was intended to prove the hollow earth theory incorrect and also to show that there were better images to use than google earth.

And if you think I dont deserve my scholar title or have deliberately offended and mocked anyone here, use the alert button, thats what its there for

You have done everything but disproved the hollow Earth theory. All you did is show that there is not a big hole in those pictures of Antarctica. How does that disprove that the Earth is hollow. Also keep in mind that many cities have been uncovered frpm the shifting sands in the deserts across the world. Give the ice a chance to melt and then we will see.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

No I cannot prove the earth is not hollow. This is what the original disagreement between myself and the OP was about. We both share the same opinion that the earth is not hollow. However the OP stated he had proven that the earth was not hollow. I disagree. I think the absence of discernible photographic evidence of a giant hole in the south pole is far from proof that the earth is not hollow.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

The "centrifugal force" created by Earth's spin is not equal over the entire surface. It is extremely strong at the equator and zero at the poles. A hollow Earth would either disintegrate or be a very, very oblate sphere.

The interior of a hollow Earth would experience near weightlessness while we, on the surface would experience far less gravity than we do. An 800 mile thick shell would not have enough mass to produce 1G.

And oh yeah, seismic data proves the Earth is not hollow.
schools.matter.org.uk...

[edit on 4/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It was intended to prove the hollow earth theory incorrect

It is hard to take you serious when you continue to say that you have proved the hollow earth theory incorrect. All you did was prove that google earth has poor images of the south pole. At the very best you showed that there isn't a mile wide hole for an entrance at the south pole...you didn't prove anything about hollow earth in general.

I'm not 100% on board with the hollow earth theory...but I'm open to the possibility. The hollow earth theory has been around much longer than google earth has...so to prove the google earth images wrong does nothing to the original theory.

This is like saying...I can prove to you that ONE ufo video is a fake...so I have proved the whole UFO phenomenom false.

You may need to take a look at your logic and be honest with yourself about your motives.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In my previous post I rambled on about this weird book I am trying to read, and have been trying for some time now. It's very 'slow going.' Anyway, I mentioned there that the author is always, and quite repeatedly referring to people as those 'beings' which are living 'on the surface or that ill-fated planet,' Earth.

I suggested in that post, perhaps this 'implies' there are 'others' living here who do not live 'on the surface.' Thereby taking the 'implication' that the author could be saying the Earth might be hollow ...

I forgot to mention also that besides that, he also refers to Earth as a 'third-order sun,' and claims there are a great abundance of similar 'planets' in the 'megalocosmos.' This description of Earth as some kind of a 'sun' seems consistent with diagrams like the following which, as everybody knows, are easily found on the net -

Which is a 'model' fully consistent with another bizaare theory, that of the "expanding Earth" -

Weird stuff ...

Even though there are claims of 'DUB's which may be 'miles under the surface,' with respect to the 8000-mile diameter of our planet, a depth of a 'few miles' give or take, is probably not even through the skin of an apple, if the Earth were an apple, if you catch my meaning.

We have absolutely 'no idea' what's going on 'down there' !

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
reply to post by Sfen Senterra

personaly i belive most of byrds story there was no reason for him to lie. all that would do it tarnish his military carear as well as play him off to the public as a king size nutbar instead of the hero he was known to be.

That's what I mean!

One of the few things standing in the way of debunking the hollow Earth theory are the admiral Byrd reports/logs. If you can prove for some reason that admiral Byrd was lieing about his experience than you got a good edge at debunking the theory....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, there can be alot we dont know about antarctica and gnomes in -90 degrees I cant imagine.

But it seems it contains extraterretrial fragments of an another ancient planet.. So knowing everything is hard ...

Antarctica Yields Fragments of an Ancient Destroyed Planet

and more .....
Ancient Antarctic Microbes Revived in Lab

Just to show that there are lots of 'unknowns' down there !

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
reply to post by Unit541

Sorry, no harm intended, but I have difficulty ascribing much awe to one using "dude" as a means of addressing fellow ATS'ers. Using terms such as "paranoia" "redicuolous" and "ingorantly", will not win new friends here or the spelling bee, for that matter.

It would seem you have difficulty in thinking broadly enough to even consider alternative theories such as "hollow earth". I don't know if it is true or not, but I am willing and actually hope others will attempt to educate me on the subject. Considering alternative theories is what ATS is all about! Why not take a deep breath, have a hot cup of coffee, read and perhaps learn from others, in the process?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join