It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving the Hollow Earth Theory Wrong...and Why Google Earth Should Not be Taken as a Satellite Imag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The Atlantis star gate, and the hole to Middle Earth is under a mile of ice in Antarctica. Middle Earth people mostly use the north pole star gate to come and go. These alien ships can fly through ice like our fighter planes fly through the atmosphere(like it isn't even there). So they fly under the ice to the coastal areas and come up from the ocean. This is why Antarctica lost some huge chunks of ice lately.
They need to stick to one or two flight paths to avoid turning the ice sheet into swiss cheeze.

I can't prove it. But I don't think you can prove your theory either.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
lLet me answer this, i do not think it is so much about the hole, as it is to possible cities, ancient or inhapited that are hidden from most of humanity if there was no image tampering what is it that they are hidding?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
No offense to anyone, but somehow I feel that trying to debunk anything without first hand knowledge is silly, while using second hand data on top if it all.

Whether there is a visible hole in the ground somewhere in the middle of Antarctica or some kind of a covert opening (a huge door that opens and closes and we've seen those elsewhere already); or that Neuschwabenland exists is irrelevant.

Our entire history appears to be replete with fabrications, spin, duplicity and outright lies - all of it. Thinking that the present might be any different would be ignorant, to say the least, and unfortunately majority of the population on this planet appear to be so.

The same kind of people who were in charge 5,000 years ago are in charge today, nothing has changed except that we have bigger guns and better toys to keep everyone at bay.

How the heck is all that relevant you ask?

It's about the mindset, the conditioning and mind manipulation that is happening on a daily basis. You can see it right here in this very thread even, because we are perpetuating it and doing it to ourselves - that's how well we have been "trained" by our "overlords."

Some posters, like parrots, repeat what they have read or been told elsewhere, because it is a currently accepted point of view. They want to look smart(er) than others because they "know" or had an answer, which is a good ego booster, but sadly there is no scientific fact or objectivity there, none what so ever.

Regurgitating information is probably the easiest method of manipulation, as it strikes the ego right where it needs to elicit a reaction. Nobody wants to feel "stupid" that they don't know something, so they carry on to regurgitate what they have been told by others without really verifying the information for themselves.

Someone might ask though: "How am I to verify if there really is a hole in the South Pole, when I can't go there".

That's fine, you don't have to right now. Simply say "I don't know" or "I don't know yet but I'd like to find out", there's no harm in that. Pretending that you really know (something) is worse, and regurgitating what you read or seen elsewhere is truly detrimental.

In closing this rant...to the OP and the supporters, and everyone else: instead of pretending to be experts in anything, why not start an open minded discussion and first and foremost admit that you do not know anything about the subject, but have all the right and honest intentions of finding out.

That would earn you far more credibility and acceptance than starting a pissing contest.

Posting photos that belong to someone else and were taken by a satellite that belongs to someone else, which was built from the equipment that belongs to someone else, and was launched into orbit by someone else means you are placing your trust into someone else's hands, and that is your primary mistake and downfall.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Really? Some people actually did believe that claptrap about a hollow Earth? I thought even a rudimentary pre-highschool understanding of Plate Tectonics, Seismology, Cosmology, and Physics would be enough to dissuade anyone from seriously entertaining the idea.

Were it true, how would one explain the accretion from a scattered disk into a planet into such a peculiar shape? Further, how would one explain how the gravity wells from both the Moon, Jupiter, and the Sun have kept from ripping our planetary shell to fragments? Jupiter isn't as much a concern for us as it for Mars (which some claim is also hollow), but surely our Moon's gravity in contrast to the Sun would not just produce a bulge, but would shatter a hollow object.

This interaction of gravity is why we don't have a fifth inner planet - albeit it's the Sun and Jupiter who are the major players there, because Jupiter's gravity speeds up the fragments too fast to gently accrete - and instead they shatter. The largest known object in the asteroid belt is Ceres, which at a mere 1,000km radius is technically considered a dwarf planet - the smallest one we've identified.

Further, if the Earth was hollow - and there were oceans on the inside (as some claim) - then the effects of the tides on lunar recession and the slowing of the Earth's rotation would be amplified well beyond anything we currently observe.

And lastly, were the Earth hollow, then how does the structure survive considerable impact without either shattering, or undergoing substantial deformation? Try an experiment out for yourself. Take a Steel Can and a solid Steel Cylinder of the same diameter into your back yard, or a shooting range. Fire a .22 bullet into each one. Notice the deformation of the resulting impact on each object. Why does the Earth's (and other celestial bodies) impact craters more resemble the Cylinder then the Can?

Think about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

What is this strangle glow?

Strangle glow? What's it strangling?

The Aurora Australis. It's like the Aurora Borealis but ausier.
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...
www.antarcticconnection.com...

Ausier? Does that mean it's poisonous?

(not a one liner)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amigo

You, by your own admission, have no idea what you're talking about - and to take your own advice, you should probably just be quiet or entertain the thought that the experts really do know what they're talking about, and concede that you really don't know what you're talking about.

The same kind of people who were in charge 5,000 years ago are in charge today

It's about the mindset, the conditioning and mind manipulation that is happening on a daily basis. You can see it right here in this very thread even, because we are perpetuating it and doing it to ourselves - that's how well we have been "trained" by our "overlords."

No offense to anyone, but somehow I feel that trying to debunk anything without first hand knowledge is silly, while using second hand data on top if it all.

Do YOU have first hand experience in any of your claims? Were YOU one of those people 5,000 years ago - to have first hand experience comparing ancient and modern mindsets? Have YOU ever been an overlord, and have YOU ever successfully trained the mass public through deception and subliminal messages?

The idea that everyone should become an expert in everything themselves and not defer to experts is extremely fallacious. It's impractical, and I would put forward impossible without becoming a convoluted form of Gordian Knot. I.E. You'd spend so much time trying to become an expert in everything first hand, that you'd never actually get the time to DO anything with that knowledge. Society wouldn't progress, and you'd have wasted your time.

You're using a computer right now. Say... you get hit by that Confiker virus tomorrow and it does something horrible to your system... something is well beyond a layman's experience. How are you going to fix it? Just wipe out everything and start from scratch, or are you going to try to remove the virus yourself? Do you know how to manually edit your registry? If so, how did you learn to do that? Did you just sit down and experiment with it until you figured it out, or did you read a book/website or go to school for it? If you don't, then are you just going to tinker with the system until you figure it out - or are you going to read a book/website or ask an expert how to remove the virus? Do you have a virus scanner? Aren't you deferring to their expertise? Or did you write your own virus scanner?

No offense, but in my mind - you're an ignorant hypocrite. This isn't so much an insult, but merely an observation from first hand experience in dealing with other ignorant hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ok here ya go...
www.youtube.com...

info on video "An amazing discovery after flying over 100s-1000s
feet of deep ice and snow as long as the eye can see", suddenly a WEIRD local climate.
Video from Operation Highjump (OpHjp), officially titled The United States Navy Antarctic Developments Program, 1946-47

It took a while to find this video , but I remember seeing it and how perfect it is for this discussion. I know people that work in Antartica and you cant just go down there and roam arround on your own...heavily restricted.....anyways I think the Earth may be hollow....it just feels right , you know.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

That strange local environment is most likely the result of geothermal heating. Antarctica is still a rather active geological area, with dozens of volcanoes identified - and likely many more which haven't been. The last eruption as I recall was just last year on Mt. Erebus.

Edit: Adding a link for "Deception Island", a hotspring island off the Antarctic peninsula formed from a volcanic caldera. Mean annual temperature is -3 Celsius. It's one of the most popular tourist destinations in Antarctica.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amigo
Posting photos that belong to someone else and were taken by a satellite that belongs to someone else, which was built from the equipment that belongs to someone else, and was launched into orbit by someone else means you are placing your trust into someone else's hands, and that is your primary mistake and downfall.

Best. Post. Ever.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skewbuh

I laughed so hard when i read that. who needs TV when you have ATS.

When you try to find the warm area spoken in the video ( my last post) its not there all white.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I have followed this 'hollow earth' story for maybe a year-and-a-half now. Not very long, I know, and I haven't 'researched' it very deeply at all. But the idea does intrigue me.

Of course, when I first stumbled across this bizarre theory one day while surfing the net during lunch at my job, and by the way, a job I no longer have anymore (
), my 'gut' reaction was that it had to be impossible. In my case that's always my first reaction to information which totally does not fit into my 'working database.' And, I think that's pretty much a totally normal response. Sort of our own 'built-in filter' you might say - otherwise our brains would just completely fill up with new 'facts' and thereby probably explode thus causing a great deal of shock and dismay to all those who formerly knew us and also being a great deal of trouble for those others who's job it might be to clean up all that nasty mess ...

Anyway, the 'seed was planted' I guess you could say, and since then I have turned this notion over in my mind again and again - just considering the whole thing.

At this point I am of the opinion that it is still an interesting idea, and also, as others in this thread, I believe have already mentioned, one which cannot be ruled out.

I have come to realize that there is indeed a great deal of anecdotal evidence referring to this theory. Of course these many 'data points', sprinkled across the centuries, I think would be fair to say, in no way constitute 'scientific evidence.' But, then again, anybody whose read some of my comments on 'modern science' already knows I don't really consider 'science' to be very 'scientific' at all. And this is for many reasons, most of which are strictly of a 'political' nature. So, in this sense, 'hollow earth theory' seems to me to be pretty much as 'scientific' as the rest of 'mainstream science' is. I am sure this will ruffle a few feathers here on the boards at ATS. This just happens to be my own opinion about the matter, and as they say, with all due respect as well, "to each his own."

Lots of anecdotal evidence, anyway, about this hollow earth idea. Too numerous to mention here, and the OP'er ( hey, OZ ) and others as well, I am sure, are far more acquainted with this material than I am. As I say, it's merely an 'interest' which hangs about in the back of my mind. Yet, still the 'database' is growing, because such anecdotal information is no longer being 'immediately rejected' anymore.

For instance, I am currently reading a very strange book entitled, "Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson." The author, Gurdjieff, claims that while travels somewhere in the mid-east during his youth he came in contact with an 'ancient and secret brotherhood.' Later he claims to have actually lived at one of their compounds, purportedly somewhere in the Himalayas.

During his stay there he claims to have seen many incredible things of a 'technical' nature and of 'immense antiquity.' Further, the implication is that information he gained though his association with this 'brotherhood' formed the basis of his methaphysical teachings. 'Beelzebubs Tales' is supposedly filled with the 'deeply disguised secrets' of this brotherhood.

It's a very long book, makes almost no sense, and is extremely tedious. Gurdjieff recommends it should be read 'three times.' In my case, there is little liklihood this will ever happen ...

In 'The Tales,' Beelzebub is always referring, among many, many other strange things, to human beings as those 'beings' who are living on the 'surface of that ill-fated planet,' Earth.

As far as that goes, admittedly, it's not much. But why the constant reference to living on the 'surface' of the planet? Where the heck else would a 'being' be living on that 'ill-fated planet?'

Where indeed ...

Perhaps on the 'inside' of the hollow planet ?

I know it's an absurd notion. But, again, there is something about this that just won't leave me alone. It's weird ...

I know I've tried everybody's patience here beyond all reasonable bounds, since I have wandered this far out into 'the weeds' already, permit me just a few more lines -

Gurdjieff is no fool. Far from it. A review of "In Search of the Miraculous," by P. D. Ouspensky, will prove beyond any doubt Gurdjieff certainly came by an amazing and totaly unique body of information unlike anything anybody else has ever openly expounded.

Of course, all this is just another, "enigma within a conundrum," as they say, and really sheds nothing new on the matter of the 'hollow earth,' except, in 'some strange way,' it might.

Finally, a short clip I have not seen before, but is probably nothing new to anybody else, but I'll include it here anyway.

For reference, the OP image -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5df045621e99.jpg[/atsimg]

Aurora Australis - NASA

(click to open player in new window)

Source : The Hollow Earth Blogspot

Ok, I'm done now ...

Please don't report this post as a t&c violation !

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the cool pictures of Antarctica! I love pictures of our Earth from space.

However, how does this prove that there is no secret base/complex on the continent? I'm looking at a great looking picture of the entire continent of Antarctica, but there is no possible way that I can see so close onto the ground to see any type of building on that picture. I am not saying that there are in fact secret buildings down there, but I am saying that based on these pictures there's no way I could know one way or the other.

Ditto with the supposed hole to the center of the Earth. I'm intrigued by this theory and at the very least it is a very good story. But who is to say that there is not a hole to center of the Earth? Who is to say the hole is not covered over by the miles thick of ice over-top the land of the continent? They just discovered a mountain range the size of the Swiss Alps in Antarctica buried under miles of ice...so who is to say what is not down there?

We don't know either way, and there's really no way to prove either way without guesswork and theories unless we can all see under the ice. Period. Until then, either side is speculation.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The OP needs to research more about Hollow Earth before posting. The entrance cannot be seen from a satellite or an airplane because Antarctica and the Arctic are covered in, you guessed it, ice!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Since reading through the threads people want to be able to look at detailed images the British did a great job, Its the website for NSF NASA and British antarctic survey. No on here you can prove theres no hole to the center of the earth they have a radar satellite image as well as landsat and lima. the problem with google is there only using landsat photos.And on the map if you find something interesting can even download the original data for that area. Browse away and if you find proof theres a hollow earth I will be happy to discuss.

Antarctica

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Excellent!! Someone who makes sence!! Star and Flag!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chucktaggart
The OP needs to research more about Hollow Earth before posting. The entrance cannot be seen from a satellite or an airplane because Antarctica and the Arctic are covered in, you guessed it, ice!

Wouldnt that mean the oceans would just flood the interior of the earth? And we would have a whole lot of land? It only makes sence it would have to be above sea level.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
the hollow earth theory has a heck of alot more to it then the whole in antartica. there are in the many various books on the subject entrances found leading in to the earth from all over the planet fron the rift that lead in to the inner earth in the book the smokey god, if you put stock in the shaver mysteries (and on days i take my meds i usualy dont), then there are hidden pathways in virgina, in the appalachian mountains, and even dc. if you have read the branton files specificly the one entitled "the secrets of the mojave, youl hear a story from a navaho who describes a tribe who lived in the canyon cliffs. they appeared of greek or early mediteranian culture who flew siler air ships and had complex tunnels they used for living and travel. theres the city of agartha to consider aswell . theres supposedly a entrance in mt shasta. so to try and sum up a theory on which there have been large amounts of legend, myth, lore, and personal accounts just because theres no hole in a photo of antartica is a lil disrespectful, not to belivers, or those of us who merely accept that probability of a "underworld" so to speak . but to researchers and theorists everywhere. i can show you thousands of satelite phots of the ocean but because you cant see the bottom of the merianis trench does that mean it dosent exsist?

ps. s-dog, oz man i thought the sarcasam was wonderful , thanks for keeping george carlins spirit alive.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
But what about admiral Byrd?
Was he so high that he thought that he was taken to the centre of the earth by flying discs??

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sfen Senterra

personaly i belive most of byrds story there was no reason for him to lie. all that would do it tarnish his military carear as well as play him off to the public as a king size nutbar instead of the hero he was known to be.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

What, you think you can just come round with your 'evidence' and 'proof' and expect us to believe it??

Nice post OzWeatherman - glad to see some sensible posts on the subject

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join