It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving the Hollow Earth Theory Wrong...and Why Google Earth Should Not be Taken as a Satellite Imag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ok, Im starting to get sick of repeating myself on other threads, so Im doing one myself. Sorry to the Ops of the other threads by the way, I wasnt trying to polloute them

So, there is nothing hidden in Antarctica. Its obvious that many people think, that because google earth doesnt give a clear picture of our coldest continent, there is something being hidden there.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING GOOGLE EARTH AS IF IT WERE A SATELLITE IMAGE.

It is not a satellite image.

While google earth does use some satellite imagery, it is also a composite of aerial photography and geographic information system globe data.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now while most satellites rely on other means (see mt old satellite thread) to generate their images,there are some satellites that take photos. These are known as optical satellites. One such satellite is the Radarsat satellite.

Now to prove that there is nothing being hidden in Antarctica...

Pretty clear isnt it, alot better than crappy google earth...

I know, you are probably saying you cant get much detail

So....

Pretty clear isnt it?

There are plenty more images like this scattered around the web....just search for them....and stop using google earth!!!

Still think there's a giant concrete wall and/or hollow earth?

Images courtesy of NOAA (ready to cop flack for this)

[edit on 31/3/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Heres a link to a page with some of the images you posted and a few more.

Antarctica images

also the Canadian Space agency mission to map Antarctica

CSA Antarctica mission

nope, no hole that I can see.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Nice job of airbrushing out that bloody big wall of concrete, you'd never think it was there

Thanks for a sensible post

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Google earth would be good if, like all things, there wasn't a minority of good stuff marred in with a majority of bumf and nonsense.

Plus, I thought google maps was only good for finding partial nudity?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So, are you saying "Quit using Google Earth in attempts to prove something is being hidden in Antarctica", or is what you actually typed, what you meant to say?

I mean, it seems a little brash to just state "Nothing is being hidden in Antarctica". Can you prove nothing is being hidden in Antarctica? Challenging someone else's method of determining that something may be being actively concealed is hardly an indication that nothing is being hidden.

I'm not saying that there's a mile wide hole at the pole that elves use to come and go from middle earth. I'm just saying your post seems quite narrow minded.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh sure, make a rational claim, and back it up with proof, where do you think you are buster? Plus I don't see any specks that might be one of the hundreds of scientific research outposts, or one of the dozens of ships that operate near the larsen B shelf, or even a little tiny blotch that would be the March of the Penguins. We need HI REZ pics. I wanna see pengiuns getting it on from SPACE, then I will totally beleive you as pertaining to there being nothing unusual in Antarctica.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You post two photos, one from a 1000km in space and the other 20km, and you expect to debunk the hollow earth theory and/or nazi ufo base?

You CANNOT be serious! First of all any(or all photos)can be physically altered even if the original data set was accurate and second a 20km zoom is hardely anything to get excited about. I realise you started this thread to silent us "critics" who think something is being hidden but your gonna have to try A LOT HARDER mate....

Lastly have you heard of digital camoflauging? That means a satellite can take an extremely precise/sharp image from space and not even have to edit anything afterwards because anything of interest is 99% hidden to the naked eye. This technology has existed for decades but the extent of usage is unknown.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Oh sure, make a rational claim, and back it up with proof, where do you think you are buster? Plus I don't see any specks that might be one of the hundreds of scientific research outposts, or one of the dozens of ships that operate near the larsen B shelf, or even a little tiny blotch that would be the March of the Penguins. We need HI REZ pics. I wanna see pengiuns getting it on from SPACE, then I will totally beleive you as pertaining to there being nothing unusual in Antarctica.

How is watching Penguins play genital bumper cars from space not classes as unusual!?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHopeForSome

Well watching it IS unusual, but having the capability to see it would greatly serve to either debunk or "bunk" the claims of weird and wild stuff going on down under the down under.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
You post two photos, one from a 1000km in space and the other 20km, and you expect to debunk the hollow earth theory and/or nazi ufo base?

Well it certainly debunks the hollow earth theory.

You CANNOT be serious! First of all any(or all photos)can be physically altered even if the original data set was accurate and second a 20km zoom is hardely anything to get excited about. I realise you started this thread to silent us "critics" who think something is being hidden but your gonna have to try A LOT HARDER mate....

Well, wheres your evidence to prove that these images are not the originals. Its an increasing trend that when challenged, a lot of die hard conspiracy theorists immediately call an altered image. Yet you never show any proof, or logica for that matter

Lastly have you heard of digital camoflauging? That means a satellite can take an extremely precise/sharp image from space and not even have to edit anything afterwards because anything of interest is 99% hidden to the naked eye. This technology has existed for decades but the extent of usage is unknown.

Okay

Please provide some sources for this or at least an example where an entire mosaic of satellite images has been digitally camouflaged

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Wait, that thing between the Ronne Ice Shelf and Berkner Island looks like a pretty nasty alien to me.

Just sayin' ...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Okay

Please provide some sources for this or at least an example where an entire mosaic of satellite images has been digitally camouflaged

It's simple enough to camo ANYTHING in Antarctica. PAINT IT WHITE.
Digging a base into the ice is a simple enough matter. You could do it with a bunch of blowdryers for goodness sake. And it is widely known, but don't make me prove it, that a handfull of militaries have bases down there.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Still think there's a giant concrete wall and/or hollow earth?

Yes, and until I get to Antarctica one day and explore it for myself, Google Earth and NOAA can't really tell me otherwise. I think that quote is funny though.

Thanks for the two pictures man, I'm totally done with the hollow earth theory. /s

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Wait, that thing between the Ronne Ice Shelf and Berkner Island looks like a pretty nasty alien to me.

Just sayin' ...

Dont you know anything S-Dog, its actually a Nazi submarine, with a death ray, controlled remotely by Hitlers preserved brain, hidden on Nibiru in a secret reptilian base

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Dont you know anything S-Dog, its actually a Nazi submarine, with a death ray, controlled remotely by Hitlers preserved brain, hidden on Nibiru in a secret reptilian base

Y'know, you claim in your OP that you have proven nothing has been hidden in Antarctica. You didn't. For a scholar, you're idea of what constitutes "proof" is pretty skewed. You've done nothing but provide an explanation of why you don't think there is anything hidden. Yet, you openly mock others who bring an open mind to the topic.

Again, you haven't proven anything. Your opinion does not constitute a universal truth. In my opinion, you should be stripped of your scholar title, and disallowed from displaying "Deny Ignorance" in your avatar, as you've done nothing but promote it here, not to mention the chastising of those who don't share the same opinion.

I'm sure you could get some good imagery of my house too. But I'm also sure you couldn't use that imagery to prove I don't have something hidden in my back yard.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Y'know, you claim in your OP that you have proven nothing has been hidden in Antarctica. You didn't. For a scholar, you're idea of what constitutes "proof" is pretty skewed. You've done nothing but provide an explanation of why you don't think there is anything hidden. Yet, you openly mock others who bring an open mind to the topic.

If you are refering to that comment I made to S-dog, we are kind of friends on here, and we were both bneing sarcastic. And yes I guess my Op is kind of a bit of center. It was intended to prove the hollow earth theory incorrect and also to show that there were better images to use than google earth.

And if you think I dont deserve my scholar title or have deliberately offended and mocked anyone here, use the alert button, thats what its there for

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Unfortunately I cannot paste imagery to ATS because I have not setup the necessary account yet.
However at www.superforce.com... you will find many examples of this technology. If someone can paste them here I would greatly appreciate that.....

It has to do with camoflauging the Harp Facility in alaska and compares different versions. Just a few examples of what is possible!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

If you are refering to that comment I made to S-dog, we are kind of friends on here, and we were both bneing sarcastic.

Obviously ...

... everyone knows Hitler is still alive.

Oz, if someone has it in their mind that the earth is hollow and magma is elf poop coming to the surface I am afraid that no evidence is going to sway that opinion. I also suspect that google earth artifacts would be that persons best friend.

Thanks for sharing the pictures though.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well you didn't prove anything but the fact that you feel you are in some way above other members here. Your sarcasm was a direct assault on those who took your "proof" for exactly what it is, and that is "not proof". While I personally don't believe in the hollow earth theory, you didn't disprove any of it. If one could simply download some high resolution images of a big hole with a sign that said "Hollow Earth Entrance", it wouldn't be much of a theory would it, more of a fact.

But you're saying that since you can't find an image like I described above, that that proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that nothing is hidden in Antarctica.

Facts are facts because they are facts. They are irrefutably proven to be true. Facts are not facts because OzWeatherman says they are facts.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Well you didn't prove anything but the fact that you feel you are in some way above other members here.

I resent that comment. I in no way think that I am above any of the other members here

Your sarcasm was a direct assault on those who took your "proof" for exactly what it is, and that is "not proof".

No, my sarcasm was a replt to S-dogs sarcastic post...sheesh

While I personally don't believe in the hollow earth theory, you didn't disprove any of it. If one could simply download some high resolution images of a big hole with a sign that said "Hollow Earth Entrance", it wouldn't be much of a theory would it, more of a fact.

So presenting a high resolution mosaic with no hollow earth entrance doesnt do the same (opposite) thing?

But you're saying that since you can't find an image like I described above, that that proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that nothing is hidden in Antarctica.

Well Im hopin that someone will come on here and provide some evidence of it, and try to prove my point of view incorrect, that the whole point of starting threads, for healthy discussion

Facts are facts because they are facts. They are irrefutably proven to be true. Facts are not facts because OzWeatherman says they are facts.

I never said they were....your stretching my words

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join