It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamid Karzai signs law 'legalising rape in marriage'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Hamid Karzai signs law 'legalising rape in marriage'

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/5080797/Hamid-Karzai-signs-law-legalising-rape-in-marriage.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]

President Hamid Karzai has signed a law the UN says legalises rape in marriage and prevents women from leaving the house without permission.

The law, which has not been publicly released, is believed to state women can only seek work, education or doctor's appointments with their husband's permission.

Only fathers and grandfathers are granted custody of children under the law, according to the United Nations Development Fund for Women.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeah democracy. Thanks Obama for providing the afghans with such justice and freedom. We managed to invade them without changing their lifestyles or their ideologies, keeping them to their true roots, extremist sharia law and no rights for women.

Thanks president again for your contribution to the world for protecting an ``ally`` in the fight against extremism...

Seriously, this is disgusting and another reason why we should leave Afghanistan. This is actually WORSE than before we went there on EVERY LEVEL. Water, power, rights, extremism, infrastructure... and we manage to kill thousands of civilians. YAY spreading democracy RIGHT?

And Obama is going FORWARD with this strategy and even MORE adding 21.000 troops. Obama is worse, because he's continuing the strategy.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/5080797/Hamid-Karzai-signs-law-legalising-rape-in-marriage.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You can't blame Obama for this anymore than you can blame Bush for this.

Blame Hamid Karzai and the extremist factions of the Afghan government. This is what happens when governments are based on religion.....any religion.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Obama didn`t invade the `stan - and he is trying to pick up the mess bush left;

the `taleban` is back in power - under a new name.

we will see exactly the same in Iraq in a few years time as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Don't you people think it is a strange coinsidence that these negative news about Pakistan and Afghanistan have been popping up lately?...

I'm just wondering why...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by scordar
Don't you people think it is a strange coinsidence that these negative news about Pakistan and Afghanistan have been popping up lately?...

I'm just wondering why...

All the better to rile up the sheep. I love how people fall for the same old tricks again and again. They lap it up when it's fed to them, then cluck and wail when they find out they were lied to.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wait.... Obama? He was president in 2001? Wow, I didn't know that. I didn't know Obama invaded Afganistan, thank you for correcting me and the rest of the planet! We were so misinformed.

top topics

join