It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Ammunition... isnt that dangerous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I noticed that the thread said something about Radio Frequency chips in AMMO after june 30th... WHOA. that means all you have to do is find the right frequency and explode all the bullets... interesting.... I wonder if Law Enforcements ammo will contain such a dangerous trigger mechanism... I was interested in your thoughts and uses for this knowledge...?

cuz, I consider this illegal mandate - it does not apply to us, simply because "We will not comply" PERIOD... so whats the point of passing a law....

[edit on 31-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Then put all your ammo in a lead box wrapped in tin foil, kryptonite and old cell phones, then attach a 12V marine battery to it, if it doesn't blow, it'll never blow. Of course, if they use a very high freq. to blow the ammo, there may not be much you can do to stop it without going deep underground.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
uh, I'm almost entirely sure the RFID would be there for the exclusive purpose of identifying the ammunition, and has nothing to do with it's operation. Producing a shock sensitive primer that doesn't explode when struck if a tiny printed electronic device says not to would be quite a feat.

Also: I can't find a single source besides ATS that thinks that ammunition is being RFID chipped (except for crates and boxes, for inventory control purposes). For it to be useful, the RFID tags would have to be programmed to contain unique information, which would have to be traceable to the customer. an RFID tag saying "wolf performance ammunition, 7.62x39" wouldn't be helpful for anything.

IT would be much easier and helpful for law enforcement to start tagging guns.

If people were ridiculous, they could integrate inductors into the barrel, and put smart programmable devices in every bullet, and have the firearm encode information about each shot it takes into the bullet, like how modern high caliber multi-purpose ship auto cannons program their rounds for timed proximity mode. But then bullets would cost about 300 dollars each.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
At the rate they're going for now it won't be long before they are $300 a bullet.

I personally don't beleive they're chipping ammo though, not cost effective or useful. Especially since so much ammo is made overseas, EG Russia, and the former soviet bloc.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

First I have heard of this.

I do have to ask, are these tangible bullets that tag the target as such?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The RFID purpose wasn't for primer detonation, it was for tracking purposes.

Luckily there isn't a practicle use for it.

First, the big ammo manufacturers would have a field day and would offer stout resistance to doing this.

Second, this would cost A LOT of money for everyone involved, from the manufacturer, to the shop to the consumer, and a lot of work in between.

Third, there's a lot of unknown factors. Miscodings, stolen ammo, new system with guaranteed human errors on the selling level etc..

Its just not feasible on a mass production level.
If you're worried about the control aspect be more worried about attempts to slow the manufacturing process (like the dod/brass thing that was reverse).

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yes you are quoting from my site "No one can buy uncoded ammo after June 2009".

You have it a bit wrong though. Sorry to mingle. It wont be RFID but micro coding.

It wont be dangerous just another Infringement to our constitutional rights

new topics

top topics

join