It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens War Against Japan Over Missile

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Anyone have a ratchet?

North Korea threatens to shoot down spy planes

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea accused the United States of spying on the site of an impending rocket launch and threatened Wednesday to shoot down any U.S. planes that intrude into its airspace.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Looks like the stage is set and its 2 min till the show......

Japan Has Decided to Shoot Down North Korea Missile, NHK Says By Gregory Turk March 27 (Bloomberg) -- The Japanese government has decided to issue an order to shoot down a missile if fired by North Korea, public broadcaster NHK reported today.

So here we sit, N.K. Saying they will launch no mater what and Japan saying they will shoot it down no mater what it is if they launch it..

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 1-4-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

I only have one coment on this so far...

If this is how it's going to begin, how will it all end?

I'm not siding with North Korea. Again, as they have done with their Nuclear Power program they are probably trying to do with this launch... extort money from other nations. However one thing I am not clear on is how do we know it is a missile and not a satellite? It would be just like North Korea to spread false rumors that it is actually a missile to scare us into its blackmail scheme. Did they not say it was a satellite?

...maybe it is indeed time to call their bluff and end this charade.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Hmm, I wish this had more info.
Seems like a brief post for having such huge complications..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

No one knows what's even on the Missile, it could even be carrying a Nuclear Payload, they've been quiet in the past 2 years, since their purported Nuclear Test...

Even so we don't want a North Korean Satellite floating around in Space, especially since stuff has been falling from the sky at a rapid pace lately...

Stuff falling from the sky that has technical manufacturing skill behind it...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
reply to post by severdsoul

Hmm, I wish this had more info.
Seems like a brief post for having such huge complications..

Me to, huge implications and just a few lines of info.. hopefuly more will show up tomarrow as things get reported. So hard to tell what to belive any more.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Japan will only intercept the missile if it enters Japanese territory.

Here's a special of NHK about the missle: www.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
yay, kill all, burn all, pulverize all.
we'll transmute back into light beings anyway.
may the Geek inherit the earth.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
too late, first they got to learn how to make a missle...

Breaking News. North Korea Satellite Landed In Beijing.
Beijing Daily News
By Yu Ren Jie
April 1, 2009

The expected launch of North Korea satellite had a major malfuction, and landed in Beijing, near a air defense missile base. The rocket should have flew toward East toward United States, but it flew West and the payload landed in Beijing instead.

Local police and PLA units had sealed off the area in question. The failed satellite, look like a missile, had crashed and dug a big hole that now leaking gases. When reaching North Korea generals for comments, none was able to be reach, all were detained and might be shot by the Dear Leader for the major mistake.

Ten minutes later, North Korea news agency released a quick statement, stating that North Korea missile was so advance that it sense all those US and Japan ships waiting to intercept it, so the missile decided to go West instead. No mention of why it landed in Beijing, but PLA and PLAAF officials had placed the military on high alert, just in case North Korea decided to do something stupid.

End.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by werk71

Yep. April Fool Day! If that happen for real, MAYBE China would do something about the NK threats and BS.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by werk71

That is an April fools joke right? I'm not seeing anything else about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Ten minutes later, North Korea news agency released a quick statement, stating that North Korea missile was so advance that it sense all those US and Japan ships waiting to intercept it, so the missile decided to go West instead.

thats one of dem smart rockets huh? *lol*

second line

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by werk71

Hahahaha, where on earth did you find this gem? Sounds as though KJI wrote it himself! Either that or its a Fox news report...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by werk71

Oh come on, just read that and you tell me anyone can take that serious...I really believe that's April's fools for us! It just sounds so out of whack

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Somebody should just call North Korea's bluff. They keep threatening war over and over again. If somebody takes him up of it, we can see if he has the stones to really go to war.

The North Koreas cant go to war with anybody except the South Koreans because they can at best fight a land war. Do they really think they can attack Japan ? Their "made in China" missiles are relics and just glorified bottle rockets. They can at best launch 50 of those before their economy destroys itself. How are they going to buy new bombs, weapons and material to fund a war when the have no industrial base to speak of, unless the Chinese lend them the money.

Japan is the 2nd largest economy in the world. They dont really have to be intimidate by these unwashed savages and their threats of war.

If North Korea was in the ME, his threats of war would have been laughed at!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by vkey08

No one knows what's even on the Missile, it could even be carrying a Nuclear Payload, they've been quiet in the past 2 years, since their purported Nuclear Test...

Even so we don't want a North Korean Satellite floating around in Space, especially since stuff has been falling from the sky at a rapid pace lately...

Stuff falling from the sky that has technical manufacturing skill behind it...

No, it's not carrying a nuclear payload. It's filled with pinata candy.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

If a nuclear payload was about to be delivered , you wouldn't know it , it wouldn't be here on ATS being discussed by citizens like you and me , it would be known only by the needed persons and you'd know it only the day it happens . This crap is a satellite or another waterproof test for the missile

3...2...1.... IMMERSION

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Asset1911]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have some friends stationed in S. Korea. They don't seem to be real worried about this situation. One dude I know is a "duck hunter", the other is an honor guard. They said that the generals and command are not to concerned. This type of situation is the norm for N. Korea, and neither of them think anything will come of this situation. They are aware of the amount of artillery aimed towards them.

That said, N. Korea is not a country that can be invaded. They have nukes. They have an absolutely incredible amount of military hardware buried underground. They have runways underground where they can fly a jet out the side of a mountain(landing is tricky lol). Look at google earth, you can see a lot of tunnels and whatnot especially on the coasts.

Honestly we are not in a position to screw with N. Korea. If we nuked them severely it would not damage most of their defenses because they are buried deep underground. Not to mention that Japan would suffer the consequences of the fallout.

At the same time N. Korea is certainly not capable of invading Japan. They could potentially take back S. Korea however.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Man I'm really interested by what you said , you know any coordinates or words to type to find these underground entrances ???
Amazing differences , when you go on google maps you type Seoul and you see a city like New York , and you type Pyongyang you have a city like in Ukraine near Chernobyl

But they seem to enjoy soccer there's a big stadium in Pyongyang but about their soccer skills

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Asset1911]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Regarding the OP , this NK game has sincerly gotten old. However i am not too excited about their upcomming launch , having in mind a weird and somewhat linked feeling to the previous events during the last couple of weeks , that they are not bluffing and that they are serious this time. I hope i am wrong. Even though i wish this would not happen , i am still confident about Japan's reaction and i strongly believe that the missle should be eliminated. It's Japan's air space , if the country says no you cannot fly that thing over my territory than it should be no. I am sure that any of China and NK's supporters around here would not like seeing US flying random missles around their airspace , especially when the country says and threatens to take it down.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join