It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens War Against Japan Over Missile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What is china going to do, ride there bikes to our coast, honestly, we are about 30-40 years advance from this people, if there was a world war 3, I am sure we can reduce there population in a couple of days, to less then 30-20%

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I may be off base here... wouldn't be the first time.
But why not let it reach orbit and then destroy it?
I'm sure the U.S. among others, has that capability.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

They have , they already destroyed their own spy satellite which was out of control with a missile fired from a ship , maybe last year , check on google but I'm sure of it .

I got it , it was the USS lake erie , equiped with Aegis , it fired a single modified missile and bang .

www.astronomy.com...

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Asset1911]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebluemoon
What is china going to do, ride there bikes to our coast, honestly, we are about 30-40 years advance from this people, if there was a world war 3, I am sure we can reduce there population in a couple of days, to less then 30-20%

You obviously don't pay attention to world events. China has stolen a lot of U.S. military secrets in the last decade. In the last two years they have built up a seriously sizable navy. One thing in particular they stole was the Navy's Aegis computer system which puts them on par with us. They have a whole new arsenal of weapons at their disposal and are not as far behind as people think. Their cyber-warfare division is also top of the line. They have proven that by messing with the navigation systems around the world. Three or four years ago they messed with the GPS satelites and several aircraft in Europe crashed because their computers had false elevation information.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If I were overlooking Seoul, I would evacuate everyone for the week of the launch as a safety measure.

Didn't we have Gates saying just a few days ago that we couldn't shoot the thing down, that we're powerless to stop it? I seriously doubt that. I think Gates wants a war, personally.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Yes we have anti-satelite missiles. So does Great Britain and several other of our allies. Taking out the satelite would still be construed as an act of war.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Viral

Looks like another bull# to confuse everybody about a situation which is already confusing . We're getting closer to the launch and there we'll see what mister Gates really had on his mind , but you're not lucky to have such a defense minister
This guy keeps you as disinformed as possible , everybody notices the ship are in position , but he tells you " hummm yeah I don't know .... I don't think we'll do something .... '"
If I point a gun at your face in a very serious situation , would you expect me to say " Hmmm I don't know if I'll shoot you " . If I point my gun , I have a motive for doing so ! This guy is a tattle teller .

That flying thing will be shot down , I don't know who will be the interceptor , but if nothing's going to happen , you don't move any ships SPECIALIZED in missile interception in the launching area .

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Viral

You can't evacuate Seoul. Seoul is HUGE- like, New York huge. There are 23 million people in the metropolitan area. The logistics are mind-boggling. There is nowhere to put all the people! If you start evacuating the people, North Korea will know about it right away, they have plenty of spies in Seoul. The N. Koreans would interpret an evacuation as a prelude to war, and would open up with their artillery- killing millions. It would be one of the worst disasters in history!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

Yeah I'm afraid these poor people there are hostages of this situation , The death toll would be unthinkable if Nk shells Seoul . But the following consequences for Nk would be even more horrible . All that for a flying object .

Soon our eyes and ears will see and hear ugly things , Nk has nothing to lose .

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A man can dream, can't he?

Though if SK were to start evacuating people, would NK start attacking? That's hardly a justification, but Kim is rather unstable. Does anyone know the reach of NK's guns? Would all of Seoul have to be evacuated or just the surrounding area? This looks like a job for Superman.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

haha, i just pictured NK trying to invade with that junk, it made me laugh .. seriously though would they even have enough fuel to get to japan from NK ?
The only threat they are to anyone is South Korea, and even them with so many US marines in SK i don't think the US will let to much happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Viral

Seoul would be demolished if N.Korea attacked...millions would die.Everyone knows this,which is why it is such a dire situation if it turns bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I fully agree! The Western and Japanese militaries will swallow the midgit up and spit out his bones. Here's an idea...why dont they use the taxpayers money and use an EMP on NK that way any nuke launching consoles would be totally fried and keep B2's watching known Nuke launch pads..that way only military targets will be destroyed and civilian casualties will hopefully be little to none.

If this is how WW3 starts then so be it....I put my faith into the fact i hope it's quick,clean as possible and the enemy is utterly vanquished.

there is to much talk of war,nukes,chem threats,terrorism,full on deep depression.. something is coming and the majority are not ready for it. This will kick start the world economies and with the G20 meeting on Thursday it's gonna be interesting what their new reform of the financial system will be.. one world currency anyone?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I say if Japan have to take it down and they attack SK or Japan, NUKE THE HELL OUT OF NK.

I'm sick of those bastards. Obliterate them, ANNIHILATE THEM.

But before NK attacks anyone, China should stop them, if not by diplomacy, by war. We're tired of NK BS and killing of it's people.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

Yeah!! I'm tired of them killing their own people, that job should be left to us! Yeah! We're the city annihilator, the bomb dropper, the messiah of genocide, the king of killing millions of innocent people. KING KONG DON"T HAVE NOTHING ON US! YEAH! THERE IS NO QUESTION, VIOLENCE IS THE ANSWER!! How dare they take our job!!
Every jungle has its king, if we're not careful, we might be the next to go.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yep i read that at any one time between 6,500-8,000 artillery batteries are aimed at seoul..now think about that.. most artillery crews can launch 20-30 rounds a minute now the battle for berlin in 1945 the soviets launched 2 million shells over 60 days with 5000 artillery pieces..

modern day artillery is superior thus accuracy and bigger armaments= slaughter of the civilians of south korea.. by the time SK can react all of seoul will be flattened and the government destroyed.

scary times we are now entering

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bfitz92

haha, i just pictured NK trying to invade with that junk, it made me laugh .. seriously though would they even have enough fuel to get to japan from NK ?
The only threat they are to anyone is South Korea, and even them with so many US marines in SK i don't think the US will let to much happen.

Vietnam will back NK, in which case we should pack and run like we did before lolol.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Ugh..your from Britain aswell,please please do some research into both N korea and the region before making such a sadistic decision. which will cost the lives of millions.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Wanna have some good time in Pyongyang ?

wikitravel.org...

You'll think Las Vegas is obsolete

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
With all the talk of China, South Korea and Japan another thing that should be looked at is. What if the launch something and it goes off coarse and hits somewhere like Vladivostok in the Russian Federation they bored NK also to a small degree and I bet they could do more damage than Japan or South Korea.

And for everybody saying just nuke em you are very cold heart for the fact you would be killing off millions of civilians and if it was your country would you like the other country to nuke you.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bfitz92

20,000 marines would be oblitered by the peoples army. hold i'll give known facts...

Conscription 17 years of age
Available for military service

5,851,801 males, age 17-49 (2005 est.),

5,850,733 females, age 17-49 (2005 est.)

Fit formilitary service
4,810,831 males, age 17-49 (2005 est.),

4,853,270 females, age 17-49 (2005 est.)

Reaching military age annually
194,605 males (2005 est.),
187,846 females (2005 est.)
Active personnel 1,190,000(2008 est.)
Reserve personnel 7,700,000(2008 est.)

now to mention all the artillery,ships,subs,nukes,tanks,jets they have...SK will be annihilated and so will Japan if they launch a huge aerial/artillery/missile strike. Japan wouldnt be annihilated like SK but they would be severely crippled especially seeing as the JSDF is only allowed less than 300,000 men to curb imperialist agendas.

however Japan has 27,000,000 men and women availble for conscription. so be an interesting fight and especially when China,Russia and the US get involved cos who's side will each be on

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join