It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens War Against Japan Over Missile

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Gotta say... all the people saying you should nuke NK is just disgusting... way to stop the killing of civilians
but Im glad someone else caught that too.

And the people saying Japan would win, Aegis system is way better, our missiles are 20% more efficient at killing, what is this, a video game?!! Who cares we shouldnt be making light of it, we should be trying to stop them from going to war altogether...

I really hope they dont, I mean I wholeheartedly believe world war 3 is coming in one form or another, and I dont mean to sound silly, but if its because of some stupid satellite launch... Im going to be pissed!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
North Korea started fueling the missile

So it's on. Hopefully nothing will happen, but the sure thing is that they will launch the missile. Why? Because it's a liquid missile, once you fueled it, you launch it because it cannot stay there for a long time.

So expect launch very shortly.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
First, the DPRK will not use their missiles to "obliterate" Seoul. The missiles would primarily be used to attack strategic sites, such as bases, depots, major lines of communication, etc. Their doctrine leaves the missiles at an asset of the corps level, and will be used accordingly. What threatens the first four phase lines, is not missiles, but DPRK artillery tubes, which there is a great abundance of.

Second, the DRPK will not immediately "wipe Seoul off the map." Their doctrine is not centered around that, in fact, they will avoid attacking Seoul, out right. The main thrust will be to capture Seoul, not destroy it. The IV and II corps will thrust towards the SMA, and seek to isolate, consolidate, and then stage from. The large artillery barrages will be focused on limiting ROK and US responses to DRPK incursions, the destruction of forward deployed stores, the destruction of lines of travel and communication, the destruction of forward armies, and counter-battery operations. The destruction of Seoul is not even on their immediate priority list, and will be avoided if necessary.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I wish the North Koreans were more clear in their fierce, aggressive rhetoric.

Do they mean that they will attack Japan even if Japan only shoots down stray debris from a successful satellite launch that may fall on their own islands, causing potential death and damage?

Or is this there "tuff" way of saying that they will attack Japan if Japan shoots it down before it reaches the appropriate altitude to release the Satellite payload. At which point, the rest of the ICBM-style missile falls down to the Earth, usually crashing into the ocean or the desert, as these things are typically planned openly between any nations whos territory may be involved.

But not North Korea, I swear they have the single most retarded leadership on the face of the Planet right now. Worse than Belarus, worse than Somalia!! At least Somalia is finally getting some local justic through moderate Sharia courts. Before the implementation of those, you couldn't get any justice, and criminals knew that they were free to do all they like. Now things are changing, but thats another topic.

WHAT ID LIKE TO SEE:
I'd like to see this rocket as indeed a satellite-mounted rocket and not a sneak attack on anyone, which would be the single most foolish thing N. Korea could do right now, but considering their leadership is nuts, who knows?
I'd like to see it blast off, I am not concerned with whether the satellite succeeds in being launched or if the rocket fails to attain proper altitude.

After the rocket has reached its critical point, and the satellite is launched or fails in the process of attempting to do so, I'd like to see Japanese Defense Forces and/or United States Naval Forces display their anti-missile technology by shooting down any and all debris targets that fall to the Earth after the rocket succeeds or fails in its' purpose. typically these things breakup upon re-entry so there will be a few targets to hit.

They will hopefully be over the open-sea, so it'll just be a duck shoot to test capabilities and show them off.

If debris fall over Japanese mainland, things will get more serious, and a successful hit on the debris might be essential.

The sheer recklessness of N. Korea, IF they allow their debris to fall on Japan, could be cause for aggressions that could lead to open conflict. This is a sticky situation, lets see how it plays out.

PS: North Korea with unofficial Chinese assistance versus Japan with heavy U.S. Naval & Marine assistance (with cutting edge anti-ballistics capabilities), along with the same amount of unofficial assistance from South Korea as China would be delivering North Korea (spy information / logistics) would result in an extremely swift North Korean defeat. Sure they have a massive LAND BASED infantry army, with lots of old tanks and old rockets. The Japanese & U.S. anti-ballistics technology far surpasses N. Korea's actual ballistics capability, in regard to rockets and missiles. We can shoot down anything that they can launch, even smaller sized, short range missiles. The Japanese have been devoting most of their defense budget on this kind of technology for decades; its deployed in the streets of Japan right now.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just heard on the radio, less than five minutes ago, they think the missile will be launched for sure, this Saturday.

Also, last night I was watching Newt Gingrich on Fox News. He was VERY concerned about this and mentioned a possible EMP attack and how this could devastate the United States. .I about fell out of my chair!!

He was dead serious, and wheter you like Fox news or not, the point is this stuff isn't just for conspiracy/survivalist forums anymore!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ok I have a technical question. If it is a Taepodong2 missile it might fly as far as possible to the east, with the knowledge it might reach Alaska.(If it flies over Japan or near Hawai Japan or respectively US will shoot it down)
If it is a Multistaged rocket wouln't it also fly over Japan cause of/to get the extra speed which the earth's rotation[to the east] would give it to the rocket (the reason why they'd prefer to launch rockets from the equator cause of the highest earth rotation there)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
N Korea is not out to attack the US. The fact that it is even being discussed as a possibility on MSM is total fear mongering and ridiculous. However, if Japan shoots it down at any stage then China and Russia come to the aid of N Korea and Japan calls on support from the UN then it could get interesting. Seems as though Japan has taken the roll of the fall guy in this scenario.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

It's getting more and more threatening everyday , if it's for saturday , I suggest this thread should stay open and active , there's some really good informations on this topic .

edition.cnn.com...

Watch the photo of the deployed japanese defense missile system , near buildings , you imagine people living there , they will be the firsts to know something's wrong , as soon as they hear the sound of the missile taking off ... I'm always optimistic on everything but what the medias let us see is pretty scary

These guys are all meeting in London and maybe Saturday they'll be throwing ballistic sausages at each other ... I really hope that nothing will happen , those who say WAR WAR WAR , this is bull# , all you're waiting for is the war to start , that way you can sit in your sofa with some food watching the events going on . These people are voyeurs they are pervs .

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Asset1911]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

Thanks for providing that report. It seems like a credible source.
Really it would not surprise me if they had a few nukes ready. If they deployed them, I hope kimmy read my post about what he can expect in return. About 5 mins. away in a Trident sub.Frankly, I think KJI is dead.. and his decrepit generals are more foolish than he.

In any case, the framework for this scenario was considered at the UNSC in OCT 2006. And Pres. Obama has just indicated his concerns about this issue with Russia and China. They are in lock-step. I really dont think that there will be many more UN sanctions on DPRK(none left) If this, or any missile have nuke tips. there will be very little, if any ground war. Retaliation will be swift and severe.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elston
N Korea is not out to attack the US. The fact that it is even being discussed as a possibility on MSM is total fear mongering and ridiculous. However, if Japan shoots it down at any stage then China and Russia come to the aid of N Korea and Japan calls on support from the UN then it could get interesting. Seems as though Japan has taken the roll of the fall guy in this scenario.

You have to remember that the U.S. has many bases( all branches of the U.S. Military), in Japan including Okinawa. If they attack Japan, they attack the U.S.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by 38181]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 38181

Huh does America guarantee Japan's independance ? Because if they are attacked that could give America a casus belli for a bang bang boom boom ouch ouch

But after that the U.s economy would be in total collapse and american people would feel it very quickly . That's why I said in my previous post , this conflict should stay on a regional scale , for the well-being of america's economy . But of course you'd crush them hard

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Asset1911]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Asset1911

Yes it is.
The defense treaty. Still in effect:
avalon.law.yale.edu...

The status of the United States Forces Japan was defined in the U.S.-Japan Status of Forces Agreement. The treaty is still in effect and the Japanese foreign policy is based on these reciprocal obligations.

Japan-America Security Alliance. By this treaty, the USAF are legally responsible for the defense of Japan and in return for this, the Japanese government has offered military bases, funds and various interests as defined by the Status of Forces Agreement.

Dont forget that Japan is the USA's largest aircraft carrier.

Edit to ADD:
The Tomahawks and others, are already bought and payed for..but thanks for your concern about our economy.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
North Korea today took steps to fuel their missile before lunch scheduled for Saturday. This looks to be the first test the new aministration will have internationally dealing with the threat of intercontinental missile capability from North Korea. I believe it is China's responsibility to deal with this situation. Look for China to destroy this missile before the launch, which could inflame the region into a civil type war.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Breaking - U.S.:

NK missile preparations suggest April 4 launch

WASHINGTON, April 2 (Reuters) - North Korean missile preparations, which are being closely monitored by the U.S. military, suggest Pyongyang could launch a satellite into space as early as Saturday, a U.S. defense official said.

"They're doing everything consistent with the launch of a space vehicle on April 4," the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Reuters on Thursday.

(Source: reuters.com)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Breaking:

China Is Trying to Stop North Korea Rocket Launch, AP Reports

April 3 (Bloomberg) -- China is trying to persuade North Korea not to go ahead with a planned rocket launch and is urging calm among countries in the region, the Associated Press reported, citing a Japanese official.

China is trying various measures to stop the launch, which may come as early as tomorrow, AP said, citing an aide to Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso after he met with Chinese President Hu Jintao in London at the Group of 20 summit yesterday.

North Korea said last month it plans to fire a rocket carrying a satellite into orbit between April 4 and 8. Japan and South Korea suspect the launch is a cover for a test of a long- range ballistic missile, which would be a breach of a United Nations resolution, and urged North Korea to abandon the plan.

North Korea has stepped up its rhetoric in recent days threatening military attacks should any attempts be made to shoot the rocket down.

(Source: bloomberg.com)

N. Korea deploys advanced fighter jets ahead of rocket launch: official

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I've been following this story here and elsewhere and wonder as much as others what Little Kim and the DPRK will do next. Hopefully China will be able to make him put his toys away, glad to see that PM Aso and President Jintao are chatting about it.

Regardless of the rhetoric flowing between the DPRK and Japan, we shouldn't forget that they currently have two American reporters in custody and who are likely to be tried for their alleged crimes. Do you think they will factor in as game pieces in the current challenge Kim has created for himself? Perhaps State offers him a deal - return the reporters and you can launch the rocket. He saves face, we get our people back. Anyone else think Ling and Lee's fate will somehow get tied into this story?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Tripnman]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripnman

Yes, I have been thinking about the fate of Ling and Lee in all of this.
There are also South Korean captives as well as many kidnapped Japanese.
I just don't know how there can be any way to help these folks.
All I can do really, is to pray they don't get added to the huge list of casualties of this long, ongoing war. Let us hope some very skilled diplomat can arrange the release.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

The North Koreans prefer to call that missle the Unha 2 rocket, which is "based" on the Taepodong-2 long-range ballistic missile.

The reason why North Korea calls it the Unha 2 is to bypass United Nations Security Council Resolution 1718, which prohibits North Korea from testing ballistic missiles.

But if it sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, then no matter what name you give to it, it's still a duck.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join