It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

finding post!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Is there a way that I am not aware of yet where you can go to your exact post on a thread without going through pages to find your post and the possible replies to it??

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You can go to your own profile, click on "posts", and there you get a list of your posts in different threads. You can find all your posts in a spesific threds, or just single posts.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Yeah when I click on the post it takes me to page 1. I was wondering if there is a way it can take you to your post exactly so you can see if someone responded. I dont have time to go through pages of posts to find mine..lol If there isnt then I guess I will have to look when I have time. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
at the bottom of your post is a button which says "posts"

Click that and it takes you to your posts page.

find the thread that includes the post you are looking for and go to the right and click thread posts, it will bring up just your posts in that particular thread.

give it a shot and see if that helps.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I've found the DATE AND TIME STAMP on the post that you click on in your Profile, helps to quickly sort where abouts your post is in a long thread.

Once I find the DATE and TIME, I check the time on the first post on each page till I reach the page that has posts made about the same time as mine.

Not exactly an easy thing, and I wish there was a better way, but I recently discovered this beats having to trawl through long threads in search of my elusive last post.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Flighty]

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Thanks! That does help. They should have an area where you can click on your post and it will take you to your post and you can go from there.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I agree and it bothers me no end, especially if I'm in a rush and like to take up with threads I've posted in via MYATS.
Until I stumbed on the date and time stamp thing, I'd often just get impatient and not bother checking threads I've posted in.

Hopefully, oneday, ATS will take sympathy on us and give us a clever little button or something that will do the job.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ATS absolutely needs to add a function that lists a post, or a thread by a user, and the replies generated.

The ebb and flow of a conversation is near impossible to follow unless one reads the entire post.

I post, and then hunt around later looking for replies. Ug. Maybe this process increases the ATS page view statistics, which they use for advertising revenue? I would hope not, and that they would upgrade the system.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If it really bothers you, you could do this:

When you make your post in a thread, copy the "this post" link. Then paste it in a notepad, or a u2u to yourself or something. When you come back you can click the link, and it'll bring you to that post in the thread. Then you can read the posts that came after it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've figured out a more convenient way to hunt for replies. I search for my screenname on the page I am viewing. So, i just load each page of post, and hit search. that jumps me to any threads with my screenname, such as replies.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thanks for that suggestion.

Another idea someone suggested...

Make an ATS FOLDER on your BROWSERS BOOKMARKS.

After you post, BOOKMARK THE PAGE IN THE ATS FOLDER and NAME IT AFTER THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.

(When you access your bookmarked threads, the bookmark will take you straight to the page your reply is on.)

If you reply more than once in a thread...
Clean up your bookmarks and keep them up to date.
Delete your last post and Bookmark the new one to keep it current.

I have found this handy too.

new topics

top topics

join