It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's Right to Vote, the Beginning of the End for America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I just thought it would be an interesting thing to post here and have an intelligent discussion on ... the comments on the post are also quite interesting to read ...

Opinions in this article are not the opinions of the submitter.

From the day the founding Fathers risked their liberty and life by signing the Declaration of Independence, there has been those who have wanted to sink this great ship called the United States of America. Well 143 years later the good ship America took a torpedo hit that at the time seemed like just another glancing blow. What many still consider the greatest step forward in equality for the sexes, was more then just a glancing blow however. It was in fact a deadly strike that entered the very heart of the ship and has been smoldering since. The damage caused by the 19th amendment was slow in its destruction, but after almost 100 years we can now see how complete the destruction really was.

The result of the 19th amendment has been the ascension to power by the same kind of Marxists Ronald Reagen defeated from the Soviet Union. The weapon of destruction was not a nuclear warhead though, it was an emotional outburst that melted the brains of logic.

Almost all important issues today come down to an argument between an emotional feeling and a logical thought. When you raise a child it is logical to slap their hands or spank their behind when they do bad things. It is the interference of emotional feelings that allows laws to be passed that condemn that kind of love as child abuse.

Full Post Here

[edit on 31-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not all women are led by emotions and not all men are led by logic.

Generalizations do more harm than good.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, let's see...It seems to me that it was men who sank that ship. I think maybe it's time for men to collect less pay, to not get education, to do all the housework or be beaten to a pulp, to take the woman's family name, to be considered as property.

What kind of logic is there in taking a cold and "logical" approach to everything? Of course we have to think emotionally. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a danger to society. You don't put anyone in harm's way to make a buck. That's not even logical, forget about it being an emotional choice.

That whole article bordered on absurdity. It was written by a non-thinker, very clearly. The guy is a bs-peddler.

And I cannot forgive people who don't know the difference between then and than.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Looks like a blanket statement from a guy who might have issues with women.
I think everyone should have a voice and be included in society.
Yes even the dumb people.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Baseball-this article just made me spit my coffee onto my keyboard!!!
Darn it.

Anyway,

It really wouldn't surprise me that this chap thinks women should have never had the vote...
Obviously you're just going for the original white-landowning men (as per the Constitution before we decided to start amending it) when you spew out this ridiculous logic:

You have to go back to Ronald Reagen's victories in 1980 and '84” to find the last time the candidate running on a campaign of logic won the Presidency. He presented America with the truth about where we were headed and he never shied away from the logical unemotional facts. For eight years he called evil evil, and never allowed the left to paint him into a box. However, we have seen the left feminize the American culture to the point that I do not believe we will ever see another man like Mr. Reagen win the Presidency.

Oh boy.

The author also seems confounded with this idea that "overprotective women" caused the laws that make children under 18 wear helmets.

Obviously the author did not wear a helmet growing up.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I dismiss his attempt at demeaning me to a lesser place in the world based on his golden era fantasies. With prejudice.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Not all women are led by emotions and not all men are led by logic.

Thank you skeptic-
I think you've said it best.

As a woman and a liberal I do take offense to calling liberalism the more "feminine" of political thought...

Especially when I see so many on the radical right who I think really need to take a proverbial chill pill.

Unfortunately, last time I checked, "emotions" are what make us humans, correct? Politically I do realize we have two types in this world; primarilly created due to religious and sociological influences:
Those who see the world in black and white, and though who acknowledge the shads of grey in between.

I would think the ability to question and decipher these "shades of grey" would be a fine testament to our intellectual evolution.....

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I further suggest that if the authour believes that the past was so much better, that he immediately stop using the police, using the protections of law, get a farm, and farm it without mechanics. No cell phones, no computer, no time for authouring stupid essays, home school his children, own 2 to 4 pairs of clothing, and stop bathing.

For a start. Getting back to when things were SOOOOOOOOO good.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Perhaps we women should take away the right of the men to vote and that would be 'the beginning of the beginning of a better America'.
Only kidding. (mostly
)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have no interest in taking away the rights of men.

People who promote the bs you see in that article do not care about rights. They believe that might makes right. That only the strength of arm, and the willingness to use violence to get your way is important in the World. By that logic, women and weaker men are not worthy to do anything but follow, be obedient, and be beaten.

Their essential logic is understandable and simple. It is not "unemotional" either, as it is purely visceral.

It would be wrong for women and sensible men to be unaware that most of the world still thinks this way, and some of them live with us.

The fact that all the societies that have Human Rights, and Suffrage have done MUCH better than their counterparts at a pace that is literally exponentially beyond those other cultures (including the past of our own) proves out beyond a doubt that Human Rights and Equality and legal protections for citizens is a far superiour method. We merely have to be aware that what we have is NOT common. That it is NEW. That it is EASY TO TAKE AWAY.

That these people would rather live like rats than live with equality and human rights. Even when one way is clearly much better for just about everybody in the society, and just gets better all the time. They prefer living like free barbarians than free people. They would prefer to live knowing that laws are made in their vicinity based on their fists than to know that anyone can walk free anywhere. They prefer classism because it makes them feel powerful, and feeling powerful is more important than good jobs, stable societies, education for their children, .....more important than anything is that visceral feeling of personal control.

When they look back at their golden age fantasies, and they are fantasies, that is what they FEEL. It is not logic.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This thread is a silly generalization, pure and simple.

The true downfall of this country has been the systematic dismantalling of the middle class family structure, and the fact that we are blatantly barraged, every day, with mental warfare(case in point, this article).

[edit on 3/31/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
dismantalling of the middle class family structure,

The usual cry of the person who believes women should shut up, put up and do as they are told.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
dismantalling of the middle class family structure,

The usual cry of the person who believes women should shut up, put up and do as they are told.

Are you kidding? I am all for womens rights, and their place in this society. I think you missed my point.

The dismantalling of the middle class family unit has to do with the forced labor of those in the middle class. Fathers are no longer present. Mothers have to do the work of two parents. It is by design, because single parent families and poverty create a cycle that rarely ends.

Dont come at me with accusations and/or insults if you dont have the depth to read what was said.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
From this article I get the feeling the author is just labeling anything he doesn't like as "emotional" with no regard to really backing up his position. Maybe there's a lot out there to support it, but I wouldn't know because he doesn't seem to have done the research. There are plenty of overly restrictive laws, but that doesn't automatically make them have anything to do with women or even being emotional in the first place.

And honestly, people who seem so desperate to be allowed to smack their kids kind of concern me.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That article is ridiculous ... don't men start most of the wars? lol

Though I still think the idea men have it so much better than women and are like parasitic to them is also ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So we can vote. That doesn't give us much power. Until we have a woman president who does a bunch of stupid crap to get us in trouble, then we can worry about women destroying America.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How about we forget the past for a minute here and look at the situation at hand. We have lots of big problems in our world. Let's think for a moment what could be solved if we took money out of the picture. No money at all.

After the initial shock, what would be our reality:
- No gluttony because we can have whatever, whenever.
- No crime other than the usual domestic stuff but since the pressure would be off, that should diminish over time.
- No need to pollute the environment. Food can grow naturally and Nature can have her share too.
- You would be able to learn what you want because there would be no concerns about income. Everyone would do what they do because they love it.
- As a result of that, there would be no unemployment.

I'm not going to go into this any further. Let your mind wander to all the ramifications and possibilities. Over time, as we evolve beyond our social system of fear installation/perpetuation, we would become less diseased, more balanced and live better lives. Just think long and hard about this. Try to see this only from the perspective that it can and will work. Don't think of negatives because they need not exist.

new topics

top topics

join