It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living In The Moment {A guide to recreating your reality}

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I would just like to share something I have found to be tru recently. Many people ask, "Why am I here, whats the point." I was reading the book "Conversations With God" by Neale Donald Walsh and I believe it was explained very well and have been seeing it to be true in my life.

We are put here to remember who we are. Very simple. Who we are not as our bodies, but our essence before we were born into these vessels. It is most apparent when you were a child, before you were conditioned by positive or negative reinforcement.

I have come to find that I was a product of other peoples beliefs instead of my own. My parents, school, government, and media. I found myself straying from what I loved to do as a child and being forced into a life that I had not chosen. Discovering ATS had me asking more questions and lead me down a path of rediscovery.

Ask yourself, "What did I love doing or exploring as a child?" This is before your "self" became clouded by others ideas, beliefs and judgments. This is when you were closest to experiencing the true essence of yourself. We are put here to remember and experience ourselves as the divine beings we are.

Remember....Go with what resonates and be thankful you are alive!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Be happy in a life of uncertainty. Without uncertainty, we would be robots. Everything we expected would happen and there would be no wonder, no mystery. Life would be bland and exactly what we expect.

When one becomes certain of to many things, you lock yourself out from the mystery. Do not fear the future because it is uncertain, be happy in the present knowing each new day is a mystery.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hey brother, this thread is simply amazingly espectacular!
I never really opened it because I am my own guide for living in the moment (after practicing mindfulness for almost 4 years) but something made me open it this time and I realized how awesome it is.

I will be sending it to friends and loved ones!
Keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Hey brother, this thread is simply amazingly espectacular!
I never really opened it because I am my own guide for living in the moment (after practicing mindfulness for almost 4 years) but something made me open it this time and I realized how awesome it is.

I will be sending it to friends and loved ones!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks a bunch! The more people it helps the better! It has been an absolutely incredible journey with an increasing awareness each day. I hope yours is filled with as much mindfulness as possible.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

"Nobody’s life is entirely free of pain and sorrow. Isn’t it a question of learning to live with them rather than trying to avoid them? The greater part of human pain is unnecessary. It is self-created as long as the unobserved mind runs your life. The pain that you create now is always some form of nonacceptance, some form of unconscious resistance to what is. On the level of thought, the resistance is some form of judgment. On the emotional level, it is some form of negativity. The intensity of the pain depends on the degree of resistance to the present moment, and this in turn depends on how strongly you are identified with your mind."

Was reading over the Power of Now and this quote really unlocked something for me. Its funny how going back to a book like this, sentences that you missed before can open a new world. If you have any books like this i suggest re-reading and see what Im talking about.

When you accept that its not the situation that is bothering you but your thoughts about the situation, you are truly liberated. Open up, the world is a beautiful place friends.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
"Observe the space between your thoughts, then observe the observer."

Hamilton Boudreaux

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
OP: S&F, this is great. I don't usually have a great deal in common with people talking about metaphysics online, but this thread demonstrates that I do.

You wrote:

What is the biggest difference between someone living in 2009 and 1909? Distractions.

Which reminds me that my Narrator once told me: You PAY attention. (Energy follows focus. This is the currency of the universe.)

Which also reminds me of a saying I have calligraphy'd and framed on the wall above my bed:

"You get what you focus upon. There is no other main rule."

-- Seth, session 617

RC

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this post, I've been practicing meditations and living in the moment recently. I've found through my experiance, that awareness is literally all we know that we are for sure. Everything else seems to be a contradiction or a paradox. Being mindful, peaceful and aware allows us to relax and look at all the possible situations, set and settings, and come up with solutions to the best of our ability. [I loved how you talked about "You are not your thoughts".] It reminded me of a quote, "You are not your thoughts, You are the one listening to your thoughts." Excellent post, I needed this.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

This thread needs a bump.

Lots more to talk about.

How about Eckhart Tolle?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skylonda

They talked about it already...go through it and you will see a video.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skylonda

Its been awhile since I have been on ATS, if you would like to talk about anything further in this thread, I would be happy to do so.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Whatever appears can only ever appear now, so i find it hard to understand how anyone can be anywhere else. However, now i live in the now i realize there is no one here.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Whatever appears can only ever appear now, so i find it hard to understand how anyone can be anywhere else. However, now i live in the now i realize there is no one here.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Things can surface in your mind that take you out of enjoying the present moment. This includes worrying about the future, past, etc. Thus you aren't fully "in" the present moment.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Wanted to add this, which has a somewhat amuzing relevancy imho.

What are they seeking?

Carl Jung tells in one of his books of a conversation he had with a Native American chief who pointed out to him that in his perception most white people have tense faces, starting eyes and a cruel demeanor. He said: "They are always seeking something. What are they seeking? The whites always want something. They are always uneasy and restless. We don't know what they want. We think they are mad."

excerpt from "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

People show a lot in their faces. Especially old people. You can see how happy/sad/mad they were over the course of their lives by the wrinkles on their faces. Great quote!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Last night, on the bus home from work, I saw, a few seats over and a level down from where I sat, that there was a middle aged man, with a very angry looking, biker type face, with a VERY furrowed brow, not a happy camper in other words. I'd only glanced at him, but he probably noticed, even if only unconsciously, what I'd noticed about him. I then closed my eyes and went back to my mediation (I was listening to brainwave entrainment binaural beat music, which synchronizes the left/right hemisphers of my brain and resonates my pineal gland). A mere couple of minutes later, as I approached my stop, I opened my eyes and I noticed the same guy, but lo and behold, with an entirely different face in terms of wrinkliness and furrowed brow-ness - his face was smooth and he seemed to have relaxed himself into his own meditative state. He didn't seem to notice me at all, but the "interaction", however subtle, was PROFOUND. Getting off the bus, It made me very happy!

We must not underestimate the impact our way of being has on those around us!

edit on 18-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thoughts arise in this nowness but they can never take me away from now, all things appear presently. When this is apprieciated no thought can trouble you because you know that you are the presence in which all things appear and pass by, including thoughts, and feelings.
The one thing you can hold on to in this unstable world is now because no matter where you are you can be sure you are here and now always.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Bumping this thread for being awesome.

Ive been getting interested in Reiki and this thread helped me get motivated. Excellent.

I already know Im not my thoughts, but its very hard to just observe them in day to day life without being affected by them.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join