It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Body Scans at Airport in Salt Lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) undated handout image shows a composite of 4 separate scans, a female in the left two and a male in the right two, from a whole body scan machine, or millimeter wave machine being used at a security check point at the Salt Lake International Airport in Salt Lake City, Utah. The new machine developed by New York based L3 Communications is in use for the first time today by passengers and takes a whole body scan penetrating clothing. This is a pilot program by the TSA to test the machines in a live setting for the first time at Salt Lake International Airport March 10, 2009.

Doesn't everyone feel just a little bit safer from terrorism now?

[edit on 31-3-2009 by peregrine13]

[edit on 31-3-2009 by peregrine13]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
OMG .. good thing my flying days are over. I'd feel sorry for whoever had to see my oldster-slightly pudgy - bodyscan. Man .. those leave nothing to the imagination, do they?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So, what does it say about the TSA that they are using technology formerly reserved for inmates at penal institutions?

If this is not the most blatant violation of a person's privacy I don't know what is!
I never have been crazy about flying so it looks like I will continue to ride the rails. red

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm not in the worst shape, but definitely not an athlete. I could only imagine what I would look like on this.

I've heard that the agents that are reviewing the images aren't supposed to be face to face or face to whatever
with the people being scanned to provide some form of embarassment blocker.

They showed this on the Today show, if I remember right. They had to use the fuzz out effect because this scanner shows every detail of your anatomy. EVERY DETAIL. You can see kibbles and bits on the external image.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by peregrine13

Well, I know where I won't fly out of. But I will apply for the job as "Scanner Technician".

You know those body scans will make it on the web coupled with regular photos. A complete violation of our privacy. I hope people boycott this where they have to trash this system.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
OMG...if someone get's a thrill out of an image like that, they have some serious issues....

Something that stupid won't stop my flying days. But i don't have alot of choice going back and forth to the Middle East anyway.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i got a idea lets all say f*** em and just let them fail, lets stop using air transportation and do things our own way

its pathetic like someone else said, that a civilian service has to use prisoner style security measures

what happened to innocent until proven guilty

guess it doesnt matter anymore, cuz we gotta make sure everyones safe

we're less safe then we've ever been when we have our personal privacy being violated in this kinda way

whats next?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Uh. I certainly wont be flying anytime soon, if the airport I go in and out of has this. Dang, you can really tell who is male and female huh

And what about children? Are they scanned too?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

"OMG...if someone get's a thrill out of an image like that, they have some serious issues....
"

bg_socalif, obviously you haven't seen how sick people can get. Do a search for fetishes on the internet. You'd might want a one way ticket to the sun.

Besides, imagine celebrities going thru these scanners. Some technician might see it worth $$$ to sell those photos to pervs online. Or sell photos to tabloid magazines about Lindsay Lohan's newly developed breasts.

Of course, celebrities would probably think they're "special" (which they're not) and bypass scanners.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a suggestion to every one who is ` so offended ` by this - you go out and start up your own zero security airline

see how many passengers actually want to fly with you

as for the comment of ` innocent till proven guilty ` ROFMLAO - sorry but that is PAINFULLY funny

tell me using that metric - once a passenger ` prooves his guilt ` by produicing a bomb or firearm - what the hell are you going to do about it ??

" conventional " airline security searches people / x-rays & explosive sniffs baggage etc etc for a good reason

its too chuffing late once the bomb is on the plane

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wonder if people are irradiated in any way from these scans? Seems possible to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
i got a idea lets all say f*** em and just let them fail, lets stop using air transportation and do things our own way

its pathetic like someone else said, that a civilian service has to use prisoner style security measures

what happened to innocent until proven guilty

guess it doesnt matter anymore, cuz we gotta make sure everyones safe

we're less safe then we've ever been when we have our personal privacy being violated in this kinda way

whats next?

I've been contemplating this same idealogy for years. Looking into cargo ships as a passenger is one method that I've found.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just gives me one more reason to STRUT!

I wonder if you can get copies in an 8"X10" glossy?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
One more reason for people to choose to stay put -
in the little boxes - we are being forced into.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Just gives me one more reason to STRUT!

I wonder if you can get copies in an 8"X10" glossy?

Like when you go on a ride at Six Flags. You get the picture of your face in some distorted expression while your screaming and going super fast down the hill?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That's the one!

If they can just keep the price reasonable, they may help pay down this debt Obama is running up.

naaaaahhhh.

U2U

new topics

top topics

join